West Keeps on Rolling

dewayne robinson

I just wonder would you all be defending Jerry Green or Buzz Peterson this much had they gotten thrown out of a high school basketball game while at Tennessee. I highly doubt it but that's just my opinion :ph34r:

I would have been tickled to death to see some fire from Buzz even if it was at a HS game!!!

Which school does Bruce's son play for?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce's son plays for West.

I cannot believe some people are condoning and applauding Bruce's behavior. And yes I have seen many fans thrown out of games, not just Bruce. His behavior actually rivaled that of Buzz Peterson's wife, when she yelled at UT students and other players during AAU tournaments because they were fouling UT signees. I just hope this isnt signs of things to come from Bruce. He should be a "pillar" of the community and held to hire standards then your average fan.

Bruce's son plays for West.

I cannot believe some people are condoning and applauding Bruce's behavior. And yes I have seen many fans thrown out of games, not just Bruce. His behavior actually rivaled that of Buzz Peterson's wife, when she yelled at UT students and other players during AAU tournaments because they were fouling UT signees. I just hope this isnt signs of things to come from Bruce. He should be a "pillar" of the community and held to hire standards then your average fan.

More than likely Bruce wasnt acting any different from any other fan and the ref recognized him and decided to flex some muscle and maybe get some publicity for tossing the hottest CBB coach in the country right now!!! :ph34r:

This is not the first time that he has been observed acting up at a high school game. I imagine the officials had heard and seen enough. And no, he is not the only parent to have been thrown out of the gym. Saw one thrown out just a couple of weeks ago. Whether he is TN coach or not, his behavior is not acceptable. And especially since he is TN coach he is held to a higher standard both on and off the court.

Edited by papatj

Was anyone actually at the game? Did anyone actually SEE what happened, and if so, can they please elaborate?

I mean, if his behavior was so over-the-top that he deserved to be ejected, then so be it. But if he was just giving officials a hard time like all fans do and wasn't acting any worse than anyone else, then let us know about that too.

Was anyone actually at the game? Did anyone actually SEE what happened, and if so, can they please elaborate?

I mean, if his behavior was so over-the-top that he deserved to be ejected, then so be it. But if he was just giving officials a hard time like all fans do and wasn't acting any worse than anyone else, then let us know about that too.

:thumb:

This is what I want to hear?

But if he was just giving officials a hard time like all fans do

Well, sounds like ole Bruce needs to learn that when you are a D1 coach that you don't get to act like a regular fan. It's called class...of course, that's something Knoxille wouldn't know anything about.

Well, sounds like ole Bruce needs to learn that when you are a D1 coach that you don't get to act like a regular fan. It's called class...of course, that's something Knoxille wouldn't know anything about.

Oh you are oh so high and mighty talking bad about Knoxville. Bruce shouldn't be treated differently than any other fan at the game. His role at the game was as a parent, to single him out is rediculous. If he was crossing the line, i.e. stepping onto the court or throwing things, then by all means kick him out. If all he was doing was heckling the ref, then 99% of the people on coacht should be kicked out of every game.

Oh you are oh so high and mighty talking bad about Knoxville. Bruce shouldn't be treated differently than any other fan at the game. His role at the game was as a parent, to single him out is rediculous. If he was crossing the line, i.e. stepping onto the court or throwing things, then by all means kick him out. If all he was doing was heckling the ref, then 99% of the people on coacht should be kicked out of every game.

He should act differently.

I don't think the fact that Pearl is the head coach of a D-1 basketball program( a top 25 program) can be ignored. Refs, even more so in this state, are going to know who he is. Even if he there as a parent and not a D-1 coach I think officials will still look at him in that light. It's just doesn't look right having the coach of a ranked team tossed out of a high school game. It may or may not be fair, but it is what it is.

Besides, if I wanna talk bad about Pearl I'll just talk about the orange suspenders :thumb:

Edited by Pantherbert

:thumb: Since when can a referee eject anyone from the gym that's not a player or coach? That's not their job.

I'd like to hear more about this before passing judgement. I haven't seen anything in the paper or online concerning this. I'd also like to know what the TSSAA's position is on referees tossing spectators. Never heard of that before.