Jackson County

beethoven

The state of football in Gainesboro is almost non existent. Very little support, bad facilities, very little money, and very little talent. The only coach who is going to touch this program is some local guy or some young coach who needs that first head coaching experience. Either way, not much hope for success unless they get real lucky. Pay ain't too bad, about $5,000 plus teaching supplement, but few quality assistants and no one wnats to move to Jackson County! The only positive is you will have a better situation that my wife's alma mater, DeKalb HS! Hopefully, you won't end up with a couple of youth football coaches. lol

If the youth coach is Darrel Gill I wouldn't be so quick to judge, give him a chance, he's been undefeated for 3 years and hasn't been scored on in about 17 games. I know this is a different world but he just might surprise you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats a great idea, get the kiddie coaches in there and coach. Its a different level and your coaching against men who coaches for a living, puts in countless hours towards making their football team better. Coaching wins on the peewee level where the occasional reverse always goes for a touchdown does not equate to wins on the highschool level.

Yeah thats a great idea, get the kiddie coaches in there and coach. Its a different level and your coaching against men who coaches for a living, puts in countless hours towards making their football team better. Coaching wins on the peewee level where the occasional reverse always goes for a touchdown does not equate to wins on the highschool level.

I guess you've gotta start somewhere.

:lol:

Are you sick? You actually made a very intelligent post and didnt try to insult someone! :lol:

Seriously, I do agree with you, you dont throw a kiddie coach in at the high school level and expect him to be successful, I dont care if his pee wee team hasnt been scored on in 17 years! Its a whole new ballgame!!! :lol:

Edited by gotmilk?

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure that JC has it down to probably 2 applicants. Both seem impressive. Not sure of names. Would not say anyway until sure either would take it. Both have O and D playbooks, but also good ideas of fund raising, disipline, off season and in season strength and conditioning etc. All seemed more productive for the kids that selling coupons and doughnuts.

As far as former jr pro coach at dekalb, have heard he has a really good off season going with several kids lifting. Heard total team poundage was above 30 k lbs. With big increases not just on lineman, but skill players as well. After hearing what he had to work with last year considering the size of some of his players, this could be a huge improvement. Its hard to execute plays when your team as a whole is weaker than water. The JC faithful can attest to that.

Edited by GhostRider