Oakland Baseball 2006

MidTennFootball

I agree we are winning our scrimmages but we are using a different pitcher every inning and lots of hitters but the score doesnt really matter it is what is going on during the game who is missing signs who is gettingt he hit with runners in scoreing position who is making the defensive plays and just getting it done onthe feild you cant win the state in febuary but you can start to put your team in position to win it

Did yall scrimmage tullahoma yesterday how are they looking are they still pretty tough in pitching?

Scrimmage with Tullahoma was cancelled, dont think it is gonna be made up, but Oakland has another scrimmages this friday against Lincoln County @ 6:30

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ward will do big things for this oakland team the next few years and even maybe this year...Him along with Taylor Clark are very well rounded freshman, Clark came in Saturday in the last inning (correct me if im wrong) and had a runner on base and Coach Hawks called on him to get the last out and struck the hitter out..while ward got the winning run for the pats in a tied 3-3 game against gallitan..

They did go undefeated. And they came from behind in every game Huge homeruns by PJ Polf and Drew Fann late in the last at-bats helped. Hitting started to come around, pitching was pretty decent. nobody looked bad, some were just leaving their pitches high. Defense was good. The errors were by moving players around. The players that have been playing their positions in the infield were flawless all weekend.

Does anyone know a lot about their freshman class this year? I know they have Scott Ward who is suppose to be really good and I've also seen Mike Cole play some and I believe he has a whole lot of potential. Plus, both are out of McFadden who won the county last year so that says a lot as well for both of them. Also, Cody Barret went to McFadden and looks to be solid. I also like Taylor Clark from Central. He seems to be pretty solid as well. Anyone seen Ward, Cole, or any of these other guys?

Edited by baseballman75

Does anyone know a lot about their freshman class this year? I know they have Scott Ward who is suppose to be really good and I've also seen Mike Cole play some and I believe he has a whole lot of potential. Plus, both are out of McFadden who won the county last year so that says a lot as well for both of them. Also, Cody Barret went to McFadden and looks to be solid. I also like Taylor Clark from Central. He seems to be pretty solid as well. Anyone seen Ward, Cole, or any of these other guys?

Yea I have heard pretty good things about both Ward and Cole, although i don't know anything about Barret, Clark, or any of the other freshman on their team this year.

Oakland starts their season just a week from today against Smyrna. Hope SMyrna throws Gray and equally as hopeful that Oakland will throw Barnes. I think Smyrna needs to have Gray pitch in order to win this game, otherwise I dont know if Smyrna has anybody that will be able to stop Oakland's bats

Slyder, got a prediction on what the boys will sport for Opening day? My money is on the pinstripes

I am going to say blue on pinstripes. I would like the pinstripes ( I am tried of blue). I wish they would bust out the red tops on white bottoms. The Pats looked good Saturday. Barnes and Burnett held Goodpasture in check. Barnes got in trouble once on passball stirke three and an error and gave up some unearned runs. The defense looked good particularly Dodd at third and Fann behind the plate. At the plate they were paced by Dodd, Warren, Barnes, Fann, Burnett that stands out in my mind. The new pitching coach is really paying dividends IMO. Good pitch selections, ect. Dodd thew a scoreless inning himself!

I am going to say blue on pinstripes. I would like the pinstripes ( I am tried of blue). I wish they would bust out the red tops on white bottoms. The Pats looked good Saturday. Barnes and Burnett held Goodpasture in check. Barnes got in trouble once on passball stirke three and an error and gave up some unearned runs. The defense looked good particularly Dodd at third and Fann behind the plate. At the plate they were paced by Dodd, Warren, Barnes, Fann, Burnett that stands out in my mind. The new pitching coach is really paying dividends IMO. Good pitch selections, ect. Dodd thew a scoreless inning himself!

Good to hear you played well, but how would the LH catcher look in the pinstripes? white pants and red top? would he need to coordinate the eye patch or just go with black? cc must be tied up with something...not educating the masses I know!

Good to hear you played well, but how would the LH catcher look in the pinstripes? white pants and red top? would he need to coordinate the eye patch or just go with black? cc must be tied up with something...not educating the masses I know!

I have ordered him a Patriot Blue eye patch, should go with all the uni's. cc's been helping the catcher learn the new signals being sent in from the dugout. The eye patch is on the same side as the home dugout...cc is working on morse code signals and cannot communicate with us now.