Rockwood 06

rwtigerde41

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come Rockwood decided not to come to the Rhea County pre-season tourney last weekend?????

Well they did show up saturday and Rhea County beat them 5-2 and a hit a 3 run shot over the right field wall against them. now for friday night the coach called and said that do to the basketball game they wouldn't be coming if they won and well they lost and still didn't come

Edited by Rhea Co.

Well they did show up saturday and Rhea County beat them 5-2 and a hit a 3 run shot over the right field wall against them. now for friday night the coach called and said that do to the basketball game they wouldn't be coming if they won and well they lost and still didn't come

half the team didnt know who won or who lost come friday morning.. it would have been too hard for people to get rides and go get uniforms.. so they opted not to play on Friday.. i think yall might be getting the idea that they chickened out or something.. Rockwood play good on Saturday.. they beat East Ridge and were 2 or 3 pitches from making the Rhea Co. game a close one.. they scrimmaged Meigs (spelling) tonight.. got beat 7-5 maybe.. Boston and Duncan both went yard.. willis had a good outing of the mound.. #2 from Meigs (spelling) was a real good player.. They should be ready come Monday against Cookville..

Breazeale got expelled from school this year and got kicked of the team so he is in iss right now ... but rumours have it that he is coming back next year!

I hate to hear that. We all as human beings make mistakes, the main thing is to live and learn from them. As I do not know what he did, but I myself, as a young lad got into a few scraps. I did enjoy watching his athletic talent and wish the best for him and the whole team.

Breazeale got expelled from school this year and got kicked of the team so he is in iss right now ... but rumours have it that he is coming back next year!

During the Regional basketball tournament I was told by someone supposedly "in the know" that he was not expelled but was sent to iss for the remainder of the school yr. And I was also told that he was not kicked off the team. Instead I heard that the new school superintendent ruled that students in iss cant play ball while serving their time. I know that was a terrible blow to Rockwoods pitching staff since he was probably their best returning starter. I too hope that he returns next year. I also have heard rumors that he was coming back and that he was not coming back. Apparently his family either have moved or are going to move to another county? Maybe Cumberland? The person that told me this wasnt sure.

During the Regional basketball tournament I was told by someone supposedly "in the know" that he was not expelled but was sent to iss for the remainder of the school yr. And I was also told that he was not kicked off the team. Instead I heard that the new school superintendent ruled that students in iss cant play ball while serving their time. I know that was a terrible blow to Rockwoods pitching staff since he was probably their best returning starter. I too hope that he returns next year. I also have heard rumors that he was coming back and that he was not coming back. Apparently his family either have moved or are going to move to another county? Maybe Cumberland? The person that told me this wasnt sure.

Again, we all make mistakes. And I do not know the situation but that seems a little harsh if it was a first time offense and I suppose it has to do with whatever he did. It is a blow to the team. I have followed that class since they won the Middle School Football Championship in the 8th grade. A fine group of boys.

What happened?

I am not sure. But again we must remember most of us have made mistakes in our lifetime. The previous quoter, mentioned the punishment fit the crime. I would like to think you were using that in a metophorical way as I believe if the young man had committed a crime, he would have gotten more than in school suspension. I believe he made a mistake (and speaking from experience and wisdom) most of us make those. I would love to see his talent back at RHS, if not I wish him the best of luck.