Clinton VS.Powell

thekidd0086

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton has had a history of losing the game after they beat Oak Ridge. Last year they did it twice. Once to Cleveland and the other time to Powell. This one might have cost them the District Championship though if Oak Ridge beats Central on Friday.

Yeah, I think you are right. I'm sure that Coach Norris was not disappointed when he heard the score last night. Oak Ridge deserves the district. They have been the best team all year long. I still wonder though about their lack of depth and whether that will catch up to them eventually. Their starting five is really good. But, I think that Ricky is only going about seven deep right now.

DCCATVOICE correct me if I am wrong on that.

Yes he is, the loss of Revel has really hurt them but they still have a pretty solid core. Ricky had a chance to play the entire team last night and with the addition of the two freshman Rogers and Clark, I think they will only get better these next two weeks. The starters have played entirely too many minutes though and it came back to haunt them at Clinton on Friday. They were dead tired. He loves a small varsity though and so far it has worked out. I just hope they have enough in the tank for a long tournament run.

Clinton lost this game due to excellent game plan by Ogan. Lee Smith played a key role in the game by distributing the ball to who could score. Because he is so tall and big, he would pull up quickly to get the ball during Clinton's press, then dish it off to a smaller, quicker guard flying by. He did the same thing in their half-court offense from the high-post position. It worked well for them because Powell's shooting was hot, and Clinton's was not.

Congrats to Powell on the win.

And for you guys cutting down our Orange Crush, and like to say negative statements, there will be another game. Don't be so quick to criticize. You even got the score wrong. It was a one-point game with Dye hitting a 3 with less than a second to go. He was fouled, but it was not called which could have tied it up and sent it to overtime. But, one play does not decide a game.

Let's see, he was fouled but it was not called. That means there was not a foul if the whistle did not blow. Hmm, as some would say, Clinton refs too. It's funny how things work out.

That is right smart alec. He was fouled, but it was not called. It happens all the time in case you have not seen that. Just because the ref does not see or does not call the foul, does not mean he was not fouled. But, like I said, one play does not make a game. Congrats to Powell, they were the best team last night.

Clinton lost this game due to excellent game plan by Ogan. Lee Smith played a key role in the game by distributing the ball to who could score. Because he is so tall and big, he would pull up quickly to get the ball during Clinton's press, then dish it off to a smaller, quicker guard flying by. He did the same thing in their half-court offense from the high-post position. It worked well for them because Powell's shooting was hot, and Clinton's was not.

Congrats to Powell on the win.

And for you guys cutting down our Orange Crush, and like to say negative statements, there will be another game. Don't be so quick to criticize. You even got the score wrong. It was a one-point game with Dye hitting a 3 with less than a second to go. He was fouled, but it was not called which could have tied it up and sent it to overtime. But, one play does not decide a game.

Smith dishing the ball off is not a new concept. Lee leads the team in assists at nearly 6 per game, which is second among players from the schools reporting stats to PrepXtra. He's done that his whole career.

As for whining about a foul not called, did you see the entire game? There was plenty of contact from both teams that wasn't called as fouls all night long. Don't start whining about that.

The fact is that Powell won both games with Clinton this year. Give some credit where it is due and don't blame officials.

It is good that you recognized one fact.

Yes, I figured out that you were a smart alec.

Smith dishing the ball off is not a new concept. Lee leads the team in assists at nearly 6 per game, which is second among players from the schools reporting stats to PrepXtra. He's done that his whole career.

As for whining about a foul not called, did you see the entire game? There was plenty of contact from both teams that wasn't called as fouls all night long. Don't start whining about that.

The fact is that Powell won both games with Clinton this year. Give some credit where it is due and don't blame officials.

Hmm.. I think I did exactly as you said. Read the previous post.