Best Player in State?

dobber2368

nah Webb didnt make it to state, but ive seen both of them play either at USTA tourneys and Chris at West High. Chris is just bigger and more powerful.

Oooo, yeah I'm glad I live in Murfreesboro so that I could attend this year. Those guys out there are sooo good and it's really nice to watch, even when ur good friends lose, lol. Yeah but this is really only the first or second time I've seen these guys play so I'm just judging by what I have lately seen. Anyway, it was nice talking to you but I'm gonna go. Have a good one.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah Webb didnt make it to state, but ive seen both of them play either at USTA tourneys and Chris at West High. Chris is just bigger and more powerful.

I agree, I've seen both Chris and Ian play before and I think Chris has the edge. However, if Ian comes ready to play out of the blocks and Chris is sluggish, the match could easily swing the other way.

I agree, I've seen both Chris and Ian play before and I think Chris has the edge. However, if Ian comes ready to play out of the blocks and Chris is sluggish, the match could easily swing the other way.

I have to agree that Chris i has the edge. I know Chris very well so I guess I have a bias, but I have played Ian a couple times and Chris has the edge to me. Chris not only is more consisent with really heavy topsin on both sides, he has the experience and mental edge over Ian. Ian does have a huge forehand, but Chris has the tools physically and mentally to work around Ian's forehand.

My prediction:

Chris beats Ian 4 and 3

Guest Cutters Crazies

Wishing lost his match today, but he was in the running for the longest racquet throw.

lol that was Doug Flutie esque

Ian will beat Chris Williams... Chris went 3 sets with Andrew Solarski..Ian was down 5-3 15-40 to Kyle and then he turned it on. He played amazing from that point on. If Ian is playing well or anywhere close to the way he did today, he will win 3,3. I was right in front of Chris and hes solid but Ian can do just about everything..better than him...at least he did today

btw..i have NO relation to UK Girlie My sisters live in Arkansas. :thumb:

I have to agree that Chris i has the edge. I know Chris very well so I guess I have a bias, but I have played Ian a couple times and Chris has the edge to me. Chris not only is more consisent with really heavy topsin on both sides, he has the experience and mental edge over Ian. Ian does have a huge forehand, but Chris has the tools physically and mentally to work around Ian's forehand.

My prediction:

Chris beats Ian 4 and 3

If you guys saw Ian play today I think you'd be saying differently. I've seen Ian play before and the way he was playing today...I don't know how kyle even made it close the first set. Kyle didn't play a bad match...not his best but definitely not bad in my opinion. Ian was CRUSHING his forehand and his return consistently and I watched Christopher Williams play Andrew Solarski on the first court while Kyle's match was playing and I don't think Chris can hang with Ian if Ian plays like he did today. Ian playing like he did today I'll take Ian 3,3

Guest Cutters Crazies

I practiced with Ian for about a year and a half so I knew he was capable of playing that. People watch him play and thing...thats a fluke or what a tree...but he does it consistently. Chris Williams gives Ian a good ball to hit...to get Ian out of his rythm you have to throw him junk. Throw in some slice and heavy topspin and consistently change it up. He hates that stuff and always has. I dont see Chris williams being able to do enough of that.

Chris definitely isnt more powerful.

Chris is smooth, and has a very consistant forehand with heavy topspin, but has a terrible second serve.

Ian is very smooth, hits flatter groundies with less margin, and has a much stronger backhand. Ian didn't serve great today, atleast I was expecting a bigger serve, but I still would give him the edge in the serve column, on his serve today.

Chris Williams might be able to fight and take a set, but Ian has played in many more big matches than Chris has, and he will come up with the goods when he needs them.