Clas A Mr. Basketball

gomab2

Weddle is a great player, and one of the top 3 pure scorers in the state... He may not be the best player in the state, but there are not many better HS players right now than Weddle. His 41 point game in a win over Haywood shows that... And Weddle is obviously better than just Bethel. Weddle is a Mid Major D-1 or top notch D-II player who is going to have an outstanding college career...

Well gomab i disagree i think Weddle is major D1 and i think he could play for any college in the country under great coaching..He always has his best games against top notch schools and he has proved that time and time again..He loves the competion level that he plays against..But your right about where he will go..It will probly be a mid major college he will end up at because of his height and he won't get the respect that he deserves in the Tennessee area..I could be wrong but i think when these turniments start he will make a statement from the district turniment to MTSU..But Union City will have to play defense to get there..Weddle can't do it by himself..And they will have to play with alot of heart.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weddle is a great player. And, at this point it seems like he is a lock for A Mr. Basketball. But, you people saying he is one of the top 5 players in the state (or the one guy that said he was THE best) are laughable. Right after posts talking about him being top 5 in the state there is a post saying he is a good fit at Bethel, but wouldn't start as a freshman. How can one of the top 5 players in the state be someone going to Bethel and not even be good enough to start there as a freshman? Its ridiculous. There are 10 other players in the state right now that are HANDS DOWN better than Weddle.

Name the ten that is better than him?Impossible!

I believe that Daren Currie is not get the reespect he should get. I watch this kid play for the longest. Daren is 6'7 wing man that can play any position on the floor. This man reads the floor perfectly for a big fellow. He can shoot the mid-range, dunk, dribble, and now he expand his game beyond the 3-point line. If you don't believe me, come see them play Tuesday at Middleton. To go to the district championship.

there are many better basketball players in the state than weddle. hes not even the best player in the district. the uc coach is trying his best to get weddle mr basketball. he plays every minute of every game even with a 40 point lead while the other starters sit out.

Weddle plays about one half to three quarters of every game. The only games he has played the whole game are the five losses and the keys wins in the district and the game againt Haywood. So saying that he played 4 quarters of every game is a mistake. He gets his 25-30 ppg. in the first 3 quarters then warms the bench. So before you try to say something, know your facts.

I think you need to check the minutes played in all the games this season. I have been to just about all the home games and I believe Weddle is on the bench midway into the third quarter except for the game vs. Humbolt. Coach Sisco sure does seem to be letting the end of the bench kids play alot more than some of the other coaches in west tn do, and during every game also. He cannot help it if Weddle gets his points and the other players get off to big leads so quick and early. Is there another coach that would not let their entire team play when they work just as hard as everyone else. I have seen this happen this year. I have spoken....

B)

there are many better basketball players in the state than weddle. hes not even the best player in the district. the uc coach is trying his best to get weddle mr basketball. he plays every minute of every game even with a 40 point lead while the other starters sit out.