Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls #2 in Knoxville? Get serious, they won't even finish in the top half of their district. They may have, if the coach hadn't blackballed the decent players from last year. The only returning quality player they have is their pitcher.

Tops in 3a will be Powell, Karns, Farragur, Maryville

2a will be Gibbs, Alcoa

Serious? Just My Opinion

Karns only won 5 to 2. I think they will beat Powell and Karns before it is over.

Serious? Just My Opinion

Karns only won 5 to 2. I think they will beat Powell and Karns before it is over.

Not sure why you would rate Halls #2 when they are only playing 3 of the top ten listed??? I know this is just your opinion but don't you think you need to beat every team below you to justify that list! If Halls is going to finish #2 then why did they drop out of the Gibbs tourney, where there will be some of the best competition in the state? Hope you can back up your list, by looking at the schedule it seems to me that it was padded in order for Halls to look like they will have a winning season! Oh, but that is just my opinion

Edited by shadow01

Not sure why you would rate Halls #2 when they are only playing 3 of the top ten listed??? I know this is just your opinion but don't you think you need to beat every team below you to justify that list! If Halls is going to finish #2 then why did they drop out of the Gibbs tourney, where there will be some of the best competition in the state? Hope you can back up your list, by looking at the schedule it seems to me that it was padded in order for Halls to look like they will have a winning season! Oh, but that is just my opinion

JMO Well I guess we will see what happens. Its Early in the season and there are some injuries but I do think they will give those top 3 teams a run for their money. Besides all of these girls have played against each other in summer ball or rec ball so most of these highschool teams are pretty much even steven with maybe a few exceptions.JMO :lol:

Oh by the way not sure what you mean about the Gibbs tourney that is a coaches decision anyways.

Who is injured? Will they make the difference? I have seen alot of the area teams play and am not sure how you figure Halls will finish in the top. It looks to me like they have alot of inexperience and with only one solid pitcher it could be hard to do. I hear they lost all the upper classman and leadership so I would hesitate to think they would finish higher then 4th in the district. Again just my opinion.

Who is injured? Will they make the difference? I have seen alot of the area teams play and am not sure how you figure Halls will finish in the top. It looks to me like they have alot of inexperience and with only one solid pitcher it could be hard to do. I hear they lost all the upper classman and leadership so I would hesitate to think they would finish higher then 4th in the district. Again just my opinion.

SS, well she is a top notch player they will miss her alot. As far as everything else well, whatever! Not going to argue anymore its JUST MY ON OPINION! :lol:

:lol:

JMO Well I guess we will see what happens. Its Early in the season and there are some injuries but I do think they will give those top 3 teams a run for their money. Besides all of these girls have played against each other in summer ball or rec ball so most of these highschool teams are pretty much even steven with maybe a few exceptions.JMO ;)

Oh by the way not sure what you mean about the Gibbs tourney that is a coaches decision anyways.

EVEN STEVEN? Powell beat Oakridge by twenty points in their district.....something not even there....besides 5 to 2 is alot in the softball world....just my opinion

Knoxville Softball is more evenly now than they have ever been b/c of all the girls we have played travel ball or league ball, again compare to travel ball, High School softball does not compare to the competition level per team that travel ball does.

I have not seen Halls play they can not say, I can say they did lose alot of key players when they did not make/or tryout for the team. We will have to wait and see what they have to offer.

Powell has a good team, at this time they are down to one pitcher, which she is holding her own and doing well watched her pitch this past weekend. Great Job Heather.

As far as scrimmage and playdays go, we played everyone on our roster almost everygame and when it comes to true play we all now that is not how it works and it is so hard to compare so when everyone starts to play this month we can make comparsions.

I think Powell will prevail in their district again this year if they get their other pitcher back. Gibbs I think will prevail having to try to hold off a solid Alcoa and Seymour.

Good luck to all schools in the area.

Knoxville Softball is more evenly now than they have ever been b/c of all the girls we have played travel ball or league ball, again compare to travel ball, High School softball does not compare to the competition level per team that travel ball does.

I have not seen Halls play they can not say, I can say they did lose alot of key players when they did not make/or tryout for the team. We will have to wait and see what they have to offer.

Powell has a good team, at this time they are down to one pitcher, which she is holding her own and doing well watched her pitch this past weekend. Great Job Heather.

As far as scrimmage and playdays go, we played everyone on our roster almost everygame and when it comes to true play we all now that is not how it works and it is so hard to compare so when everyone starts to play this month we can make comparsions.

I think Powell will prevail in their district again this year if they get their other pitcher back. Gibbs I think will prevail having to try to hold off a solid Alcoa and Seymour.

Good luck to all schools in the area.

I agree softballmom11. Did your daughter play at willowcreek some? I think I might know you. :(