District 4-AAA

OutfielderNPitcher217

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a battle at the top with South Doyle, Bearden, and Farragut. I believe one of those will win the district. Then there is William Blount and Maryville, not real sure how they will do after so-so seasons last year. Heritage or Sevier co. could sneak in there. Haven't heard much from them. Lenoir City is the new comer and the x variable. Who knows how they will fit in?

It will be a battle at the top with South Doyle, Bearden, and Farragut. I believe one of those will win the district. Then there is William Blount and Maryville, not real sure how they will do after so-so seasons last year. Heritage or Sevier co. could sneak in there. Haven't heard much from them. Lenoir City is the new comer and the x variable. Who knows how they will fit in?

I think we (Maryville) will be pretty good this year...we will improve from last year's record...of course it couldn't get much worse...we have a young but veteran group that should start out...three new transfers should help out...Penley from WB...#2 in the rotation...Drew Holt from New Jersey will see a lot of innings on the mound as a Sophomore and Kent Basile from Mo East...very strong arm in left...great speed... should hit in 3-5 hole and he will probably see some innings on the mound...we will see what happens though...hopes are pretty high...so far preseason workouts are goin pretty good...we seniors have stepped up to help out the younger guys and the younger guys are doin their best to keep up...like i said though...we will see when games start.

Starters returning will be Gaylor on the mound labeled #1 right now (finished summer AAU ball with a sub 1 ERA and my fastball has increased speed since my shoulder injury in late July(rotatar cuff... AC joint)...Cody Sunderland at first...second on the team with 5 homers last year and has improved defensively...Ben Bryan at second who was second on the team in RBIs as a Sophomore...Korey Whitlock at short who has improved his quickness and glove over the summer...Katlin Kimsey in center (lead off hitter with great speed and a strong arm)....Eli Brooks is the last returning starter in right...he has improved his speed, arm strength and mental toughness these past few months of working out...

Edited by rebelguy21

I think we (Maryville) will be pretty good this year...we will improve from last year's record...of course it couldn't get much worse...we have a young but veteran group that should start out...three new transfers should help out...Penley from WB...#2 in the rotation...Drew Holt from New Jersey will see a lot of innings on the mound as a Sophomore and Kent Basile from Mo East...very strong arm in left...great speed... should hit in 3-5 hole and he will probably see some innings on the mound...we will see what happens though...hopes are pretty high...so far preseason workouts are goin pretty good...we seniors have stepped up to help out the younger guys and the younger guys are doin their best to keep up...like i said though...we will see when games start.

Starters returning will be Gaylor on the mound labeled #1 right now (finished summer AAU ball with a sub 1 ERA and my fastball has increased speed since my shoulder injury in late July(rotatar cuff... AC joint)...Cody Sunderland at first...second on the team with 5 homers last year and has improved defensively...Ben Bryan at second who was second on the team in RBIs as a Sophomore...Korey Whitlock at short who has improved his quickness and glove over the summer...Katlin Kimsey in center (lead off hitter with great speed and a strong arm)....Eli Brooks is the last returning starter in right...he has improved his speed, arm strength and mental toughness these past few months of working out...

Who will play Third and Left Field, you need nine don't you?

Who will play Third and Left Field, you need nine don't you?

I was only naming the returning starters....left field will be Kent Basile and third will be Joseph Miranda...he will have to replace our offensive leader from last year (Cade Thompson) but he did get some varsity playing time last year...catching will be Alex Bush since Luis Darras is limited to only hitting right now because of a football shoulder injury.