District 4-AAA

OutfielderNPitcher217

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can never underestimate anybody. Ive found that out. Has anyone found out anything about Heritage, Sevier County, or Lenoir City?

I think LC will struggle. First, they've typically been a fourth-place regular season team in 4AA over the last 5 years (even the year they won the 4AA tournament, they were 4th in the regular season). Second, they're coming off of three classes of pretty good players--including two all-state picks--and they don't seem to have replacements for that talent. Third, their pitching will be suspect this year, and they usually play a lot of games, what with their schedule of weekend tournaments, which will wear them down. Fourth, they aren't accustomed to the challenge of AAA competition; in the past they've had a core of kids who played for competitive teams like Thunder Baseball or the Knoxville Dodgers, but they don't have anybody with that kind of experience now.

LC didn't schedule a lot of AAA teams before last year, preferring to schedule down (A) or level (other AA teams) outside of their district games. As I recall, last year they played four AAA teams: Maryville, Clinton (are they AAA?), Karns, and Halls (twice). They went 1-4.

Given all that, I don't look for them to finish higher than 6th in 4AAA this year. Really, I think finishing 5 or 6 would be a pretty good year for them. However, they could sink as low as 8 if they don't get good performances.

I think LC will struggle. First, they've typically been a fourth-place regular season team in 4AA over the last 5 years (even the year they won the 4AA tournament, they were 4th in the regular season). Second, they're coming off of three classes of pretty good players--including two all-state picks--and they don't seem to have replacements for that talent. Third, their pitching will be suspect this year, and they usually play a lot of games, what with their schedule of weekend tournaments, which will wear them down. Fourth, they aren't accustomed to the challenge of AAA competition; in the past they've had a core of kids who played for competitive teams like Thunder Baseball or the Knoxville Dodgers, but they don't have anybody with that kind of experience now.

LC didn't schedule a lot of AAA teams before last year, preferring to schedule down (A) or level (other AA teams) outside of their district games. As I recall, last year they played four AAA teams: Maryville, Clinton (are they AAA?), Karns, and Halls (twice). They went 1-4.

Given all that, I don't look for them to finish higher than 6th in 4AAA this year. Really, I think finishing 5 or 6 would be a pretty good year for them. However, they could sink as low as 8 if they don't get good performances.

Yes Clinton is AAA. LC did lose a core of good players. Duncan was probably their best player. But stepping into AAA from AA will be a tough adjustment. I don't see LC finishing better than 6. Nothing against LC but it will be a tough adjustment. Good Luck though!

Look for Sevier Co to be greatly improved. They have a very good new coach that is young and hungry. I know how good of a coach he is because I coached with him at Pigeon Forge. He is hard nosed and very knowledgeable of the game. His kids will work hard and play even harder so look for the Bears to suprise some people this year! :angry:

Yoakum

4-AAA has been one of the best districts in the state for several years. South Doyle has been building toward this. The only question is getting over the Farragut hurdle. Farragut may yet be as good as in prior years, but if they are it will be because they've had a lot of new guys step up. Aside from Catapano does Farragut have the likes of Sadlowe, Burklin, Cobb, Waldrop, Eldredge, Delmonico, and Brown? I don't know. However Tommy has demonstrated his ability to keep Farragut at a high level, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them step up. I've also watched this South Doyle junior class since they entered the league as freshmen. This may be their time. Matt Buckner has also gotten Bearden to play at a higher level. Last year pitching was a question mark. Heritage has been much better the past couple of years, and Maryville and William Blount always field competitive teams. I'm not dissing Sevier Co. or LC, just don't know much about them.

Should be an exciting season.

Look for Sevier Co to be greatly improved. They have a very good new coach that is young and hungry. I know how good of a coach he is because I coached with him at Pigeon Forge. He is hard nosed and very knowledgeable of the game. His kids will work hard and play even harder so look for the Bears to suprise some people this year! :(

Yoakum

That is very true. We're working very hard to succeed this year. It wont be like past seasons where teams just roll over us like nothing. Our coach is one of the most competitive people ive ever met and i think thats the spark we needed. We are going to have a good season this year.

Does anybody know anything about Heritage? I know they had 8 seniors last year, so they have some big holes to fill. Who do they have that can fill the void?

They had 6 of 8 seniors go on to play at the next level, so that might be a hurt. They should have some jv kids coming in that will be getting better each day. Some kids with little experience, but they had a long summer season to fix that. Don't coun them out this year.

Well here we are again. this is by far one of the toughest districts to play in or should I say get out of. The 2nd place team in the tournment will get to play Halls at home in the region. That is why it is important to win the district tournment. With all that in mind Ilook for SD to win the regular season and the District tourny. Regular season

1. South Doyle strong up and down the line up

2. Bearden, or Farragutt. Never count Farragut out

4. Heritage better than last year great coach if the kids will listen

5. William Blount young but lots of tallent.

the rest Maryville, LC, and Sevier Co.

I do look for SD hitting to win out over Farragut pitching in the end.