Pearl-Cohn Coaching Search

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

I know that there is already a thread open discussing the same topic but in all honesty that thread has gotten way out of hand and before that there was another one that got closed for similar reasons.

As everyone knows by now Maurice Fitzgerald (105-77 career coaching record with back-to-back Class 4A State Championships in 1996 & 1997 in 16 seasons at Pearl-Cohn) resigned during the Holiday Break.

Since that announcement everyone has shared an opinion as to who he/she believes should or will become the next head football coach at PC. You all know who my horse is in this race so there's no need to mention any names.

Last week the job was reopened because the word is that only three certified teachers interviewed for the job. We all know that two of the three were guys who served as assistant coaches on Fitzgerald's staff last year. I know who the third guy was but I don't care to share his name on this thread.

Why would only three interview for the job??? The $10,000 budget that Fitz had to put up with at PC during his tenure there was simply ridiculous. Fitz had to raise about $10,000 extra himself to pay for meals, travel, helmets, pads, and uniforms (which word has it the the most recent uniforms were donated to the program by former PC standout and current Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle John Henderson). That was just enough to keep things running smoothly for the program.

The deadline for Metro AD Scott Brunette to name a new head football coach at Pearl-Cohn is Valentine's Day (Next Tuesday). Brunette will know who his choice is by the end of this week and I'm sure that we will all have an idea as to who it's going to be as well. With that in mind please keep this thread clean and make one more final prediction as to who will become Maurice Fitzgerald's successor as the head football coach at Pearl-Cohn.

Sweep Left, you and I are on the same boat buddy :thumb:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat, just wanted to let you know that it is not Scott's decision to make. Marva Woods, the head principal will make the recommendation of who she wants as her coach to Scott. He simply o.k's each hire. As long as the choice meets the criteria of being a CERTIFIED teacher, and there are no skeletons in their closet, Scott will accept the principal's choice. She is the one that will have to live with the decision. Remember when you pick who you think will get the job that they have to be a CERTIFIED teacher to get this job. Not everyone that applied was certified. :thumb: But I guess you knew that already. That darn NTE is a stumbling block for more than one. You would think that some of these guys could pass it considering how many times they have taken it.

Guest catfish-hunter

Where is Walt Smith now? William Johnson are you for sure? ha,ha

Walt Smith is the head football coach at Mt. Pleasant, who has advanced all the way to the quarterfinals of the Class 1A Playoffs each of the past two seasons.

1stdown, now Sweep Left, you and I are all on the same boat.

Don't think so.

Here is why I do not think it will be Walt Smith, he and his wife have built or bought a house within the last two years between lawerenceburg and Mt. Pleasant. I could be dead wrong about this but this is what I have heard, and also I believe that the way Johnson did Giles county that the folks in Pulaski want someone that is going to reside in that great county down there. Just my thoughts./... There is a dark horse in that Giles County thing that I believe would be a great fit and I will keep it quite for now, but Giles County folks will Love the Wing T baby!!!!!

As for Marshall County William Johnson will be gone, believe it or not he will leave lewisburg and honestly I can not blame him!!!! Just My opinions, with a little bit of reasoning behind them...

Here is why I do not think it will be Walt Smith, he and his wife have built or bought a house within the last two years between lawerenceburg and Mt. Pleasant. I could be dead wrong about this but this is what I have heard, and also I believe that the way Johnson did Giles county that the folks in Pulaski want someone that is going to reside in that great county down there. Just my thoughts./... There is a dark horse in that Giles County thing that I believe would be a great fit and I will keep it quite for now, but Giles County folks will Love the Wing T baby!!!!!

As for Marshall County William Johnson will be gone, believe it or not he will leave lewisburg and honestly I can not blame him!!!! Just My opinions, with a little bit of reasoning behind them...

I didnt want to be the first to post that so Im glad you let the cat out of the bag on that one! Wing T will work well at Giles! Marshall County fans may see a very famiar face across the field in week 10! Edgemon will stay at Giles if they hire one coach! He knows that he could be this guys 5th Mr Football Back in that offense! Do Todd Logan, Brandon Wells, or Ray Hightower ring a bell?

I didnt want to be the first to post that so Im glad you let the cat out of the bag on that one! Wing T will work well at Giles! Marshall County fans may see a very famiar face across the field in week 10! Edgemon will stay at Giles if they hire one coach! He knows that he could be this guys 5th Mr Football Back in that offense! Do Todd Logan, Brandon Wells, or Ray Hightower ring a bell?

Whoa now. I have a vested interest in this one and I don't know what your talking about zorro but I'm very interested in what hbc21 is saying. I still say not yet but its coming.

Guest catfish-hunter

Weren't you one of the people who said originally that he was not going to leave???? If it's not you then I apologize for the misunderstanding :thumb:

Weren't you one of the people who said originally that he was not going to leave???? If it's not you then I apologize for the misunderstanding :thumb:

no that was not me, who said that I would NEVER blame any one for leaving that town!!!! I dont know as much about lewisburg's position as I do Giles County's....

Guest catfish-hunter

no that was not me, who said that I would NEVER blame any one for leaving that town!!!! I dont know as much about lewisburg's position as I do Giles County's....

I know exactly who you are talking about as far as it relates to the Giles Co. job.