Girl in Alaska wins state tourney

stovepipe

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if a guy loses to a girl...hes ruined for life.(no offense ladies) its just a pride thing to lose to a girl. And most of all, your guy friends would never, well maybe eventually, quit picking and making fun of you. now im not sayin that girls shouldnt wrestle. i think they should be able to wrestle, but they must wrestle other girls. i know it can take away from a guys moves when hes wrestlin b/c he doesnt want to touch his female opponent in inapropriate places, but if girls are wrestling girls and guys are wrestling guys then there is no worrying to it.

Well i have a girl on my team that wrestles and she is a good wrestler. If a guy cant beat her than he needs to work harder to be that girl or anyone for that matter. I think girls can should be able to wrestle guys. If a girl has no competition wrestling other girls than she should be able to. And in a state like TN, were there aint a lot of girl wrestlers to begin with then they should!!!

I have to agree... I say NO. I have a daughter and there is no way I would allow her to wrestle boys. (on a mat or anywhere else I could see her) but I felt the same way about my sons wrestling girls, I may be old fashioned, but I just think it's inappropriate.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto! It's more of a curiosity than an athletic event.

well no i agree that it is messed up that girls can wrestle but boys cant play volleyball, but in all i think that MOST girls just wrestle to make a statement that a girl can do the sport. You can watch a girl wrestle but most of the time they just go out there and get smoked. ive seen a couple of girls wrestle and win a match but thats only against some slouch. not to dog any girls out so dont get affended, but really i think they do a much better job taking score or cleaning mats up. so straight up ITS A MALE SPORT, NOT A FEMALE SPORT! CASE CLOSED! :thumb:

first off how many guys want to play on an all girls volleyball team? next is yes girls often wrestle just to prove a point and as for this alaska girl i say she made her point very clear. if a girl is willing to put the time and effort into this sport that it takes to be a champion then let her. If she beats some guy then that guy needs to pick up the pace.

AS A COACH OF A FEMALE WRESTLER I CAN SAY THAT IN THE BEGGININNG I WAS VERY MUCH AGAINST IT. I NEVER DID HOWEVER REFUSE ANY GIRL THAT WANTED TO TRY. THE PROBLEM USUALLY TOOK CARE OF ITSELF WITHIN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME WHEN NO SLACK WAS CUT TO THE FEMALES. NOW I HAVE A THIRD YEAR FEMALE JUNIOR THAT HAS BEATEN SEVERAL REGIONAL OPPONENTS AND USUALLY WRESTLES SIX MINUTE MATCHES. I CAN'T REMEMBER TO MANY TIMES THIS YEAR WHEN SHE HAS BEEN SMOKED. I HAVE TO SAY THAT MANY TIMES I HAVE FELT BAD FOR BOYS SHE HAS BEATEN, BUT AT THE SAME TIME I KNOW THE WORK AND DEDICATION THAT SHE PUTS IN. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER JESSICA TAYLOR FROM CUMBERLAND? DID ANYONE SEE HER "SMOKED" VERY OFTEN? LIKE IT OR NOT THERE ARE GONNA BE SOME GIRLS THAT ARE DEDICATED TO THIS SPORT, WILLINGLYTO PUT IN ALL THE WORK THE BOYS DO, AND THE ONLY PERSON THEY WANT TO PROVE ANYTHING TO IS THEMSELVES.