AAA Final 8

Chizaggi

Big G, I gotta say, we look really good...we have 8 seniors starting who have been playing together for 7 years...5 of them are talking with colleges, one has already signed with Union University, and one is talking with Memphis and CBU...We are here in the same district with Martin Westview and the same region as USJ..We have alot of speed, size, and agressiveness..Our only weakness is depth and coaching...Our coach won't be a problem though because he is a pretty nice guy who will listen to us if we tell him what we think is best, our assistant coach has been around soccer all his life but he has a hard time getting to practice because he is the school's resource officer...But all in all I think we can win district and region, Martin and USJ are kinda down this year anyway, and we can beat Madison or Sheffield in Sub-State...We were gonna be pretty good without Fernando, but now he has added a big punch to our midfield. :)

Great stuff! I wish your team the best of luck. One word of advice, not that you have to take it, but don't put all of your hopes on your guy. Brandon Tarr learned very quickly, that it is very hard to wear all of your team's dreams on your back. Play as 11 on the field, with one of the 11 being a great threat. If you rely too much on him, teams will just mark him out, and take you out of the game. Plus, your guy will be able to play his game without all of the pressure.

I hope you make it to state! We have a long road ourselves, and cannot afford to think that we will get there automatically. We have a lot of work to do.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff! I wish your team the best of luck. One word of advice, not that you have to take it, but don't put all of your hopes on your guy. Brandon Tarr learned very quickly, that it is very hard to wear all of your team's dreams on your back. Play as 11 on the field, with one of the 11 being a great threat. If you rely too much on him, teams will just mark him out, and take you out of the game. Plus, your guy will be able to play his game without all of the pressure.

I hope you make it to state! We have a long road ourselves, and cannot afford to think that we will get there automatically. We have a lot of work to do.

Thanks G, yeah we, the seniors, have discussed that and we all agree that although Fernando will be the key to our team, he doesn't have to be the only one who can make a play...hopefully our season will work out and maybe we can meet you guys in the state final :thumb:

Guest Number8

Manu-I'm really dissapointed you chose to handle this-this way. Disrespecting your coach is not the way to go. Why dont you dis on the person that hired him. If the team can stay positive instead of focusing on his weaknesses we can go far this season-Just because he calls off practice doesn't mean that you and your teamates cant go out anyway. Do you want state or not?? This is BIG BOY time-stop whining and go for it. Our team has more starting seniors that have played longer than anyone else in this state-your travel team placed third at State in the fall. But if you blame everything on the coach and focus on the negative you will never make it past districts. We are not a private school who can afford the best coaches get over and concentrate on what we do have- we DO have something more valuable a whole starting team of seniors who have been playing together since 7th grade (and before). Do what you know how to do-PLAY SOCCER-take responsibility for your own game-no coach is perfect.

man i don't know ur coaches. but if what ManU says is true, then there is a problem. The coach is a big factor in the teams success. The only reason i m playin, is for the teams success, and if i see our coach is not wanting the same goal, but instead he is gonna play favoratism, then i m wasting my time. Because i have sacrifised tooooo much to be able to play this year, and if i feel that there is favoritism goin on then i will pass our coach the jersy, and retire forever.

Edited by Number8

man i don't know ur coaches. but if what ManU says is true, then there is a problem. The coach is a big factor in the teams success. The only reason i m playin, is for the teams success, and if i see our coach is not wanting the same goal, but instead he is gonna play favoratism, then i m wasting my time. Because i have sacrifised tooooo much to be able to play this year, and if i feel that there is favoritism goin on then i will pass our coach the jersy, and retire forever.

Hey number 8, do you think that you can delete your reply where you quote how I was talking about my coach...I just got a little carried away and I really don't want my coach to get on here and read anything about it. if he did then my whole team would get punished, Thanks :D

Hey number 8, do you think that you can delete your reply where you quote how I was talking about my coach...I just got a little carried away and I really don't want my coach to get on here and read anything about it. if he did then my whole team would get punished, Thanks :angry:

Already taken care of.

Guest Number8

Hey number 8, do you think that you can delete your reply where you quote how I was talking about my coach...I just got a little carried away and I really don't want my coach to get on here and read anything about it. if he did then my whole team would get punished, Thanks ;)

Yea it looks like BigG got it. But if the whole team thinks the coach is not doin the right thing, then something should be said. A coach should motivate the team, not punnish it. I hope ur team will make headlines, and i hope that i will hear a lot about ur team in the coming future :)

manU721, I can understand how you feel. In four years at my highschool we have had four different coaches. Its hard going from year to year with with different styles of play and practice. but this year we hope to be different. With a very good team and a very dedicated coaching staff. Goodluck to you and your team

A new coach every year is better than one bad coach throughout. Especially ones that don't know how to used good players for the benifit of the team.

Theres a lot of very good teams this year in AAA that should be at the State tourney, but only 8 will get through it all and reach there. Whats ur 8 or which team do u think will definitely be there no matter what?

dont u think its a lil early to start making post season predictitions...but

Farragut will be there no matter what

i still don't understand why anyone is holding blackman up on a pedestal. their very good coach can't control the team, the "good nucleus" likes to explode and try to fight the ref when their "best defense in the state" gets 2 goals scored on them in the first half. when they stop thinking theyre the hardest kids to ever step on a soccer field, they might get some respect, maybe.

Blackman should be alot better this year yes they did have they share of problems last year with tempers getting out of control i was one of em cant go back and change that now but i think we got our heads on straight this year and ready to play soccer rather then goin out tryin to be hard so i think we should be betta this year we are ready to play soccer aside from that i think riverdale and blackman could both end up in that final 8 this year what do yall think?

Blackman should be alot better this year yes they did have they share of problems last year with tempers getting out of control i was one of em cant go back and change that now but i think we got our heads on straight this year and ready to play soccer rather then goin out tryin to be hard so i think we should be betta this year we are ready to play soccer aside from that i think riverdale and blackman could both end up in that final 8 this year what do yall think?

I agree Blackman will be really good this year. I look for them to cruz to the state tournament. As for the whole incident. I dont think that is a big deal. Everyone loses their temper every once in a while