Student Section Chants

footballfan9926

The administration at the school that i attend has placed restrictions on the chants that our student section does. The people who go to my school will know which school i am referring to. We are no longer allowed to say "Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed" after the refs make a bad call, and also now, after we've been doing it all season, last night we find out we cannot do "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref" anymore because apparently its degrading (WHAT?!). this is ridiculous. come on, its called having fun and having a little bit of school spirit, which i guess we arent allowed to have any of that either. it doesnt matter what the student section is chanting, a good ref will not even listen to it, so who cares what we chant? we arent saying curse words, so there, in essence, is no problem. but however, for the rest of the season, we cannot have any more fun, apparently.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not turn those negative cheers into positvie ones? Instead of cheering against some team or person why not just cheer for the players on your team and quit making everything someone elses fault. Just a friendly suggestion. As creative as you guys are with your cheers, I am sure that you can come up with something positive.

Seems that is one thing that is the same at both Sycamore and Harpeth but the way i look at it when our kids r in High School we won't care what they say we don't care those r words we use everyday i can understand "stink" but some of the other stuff is getting out of hand our Principle sent home a newsletter and put it on the school's website that shaking ur keys at the other team was disrespectful. It's almost like our principal wants us to ignore the score its almost like it is a 3 year old game where it doesnt matter to them if they win or lose those players r out there 2 win and when we're not behind them they get offended sometimes i wonder if ppl just need 2 change with the times and quit living in the past

if u noticed most of the refs laugh at those chants i dont see anyhting wrong with the keys or the start your tractor chants most people find it funny i really enjoy a good student section and i defintly think they effect the game i am sorry that your principal has done this come to Riverdale our principal is glad that you are there

The administration at the school that i attend has placed restrictions on the chants that our student section does. The people who go to my school will know which school i am referring to. We are no longer allowed to say "Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed" after the refs make a bad call, and also now, after we've been doing it all season, last night we find out we cannot do "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref" anymore because apparently its degrading (WHAT?!). this is ridiculous. come on, its called having fun and having a little bit of school spirit, which i guess we arent allowed to have any of that either. it doesnt matter what the student section is chanting, a good ref will not even listen to it, so who cares what we chant? we arent saying curse words, so there, in essence, is no problem. but however, for the rest of the season, we cannot have any more fun, apparently.

Is your school McMinn central? I hear those cheers all the time at Central games. I hope its not Central though.

yeah man at South Pittsburg we're with ya on this! we can't yell anything because its always considered "disrespectful." since when?? it's been going on for 75 years! we can't do the "nuts and bolts" chant either. at one game we held up newspapers during the opponent introductions, and that was considered "offensive." it's getting where the students don't even want to go to the games because they're expected to sit there politely for three hours. it's sad because it hurts our teams too! it's like they're playing all away games! it's ridiculous! i say, "nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we're getting screwed!"

yeah man at South Pittsburg we're with ya on this! we can't yell anything because its always considered "disrespectful." since when?? it's been going on for 75 years! we can't do the "nuts and bolts" chant either. at one game we held up newspapers during the opponent introductions, and that was considered "offensive." it's getting where the students don't even want to go to the games because they're expected to sit there politely for three hours. it's sad because it hurts our teams too! it's like they're playing all away games! it's ridiculous! i say, "nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we're getting screwed!"

he's right! it's so weak!

At least ya'll weren't chanting, "Find a rope, find a tree, let's go hang the referee!"

Chanting against the ref is stupid. All it does is make them mad at your school. Chanting against the other team is good though. Who cares if it makes them mad? As long as you aren't chanting anything offensive or rude, let it fly.

That's why Grace should chant, "Boarding School" Friday night.