Tyler Smith

dudumonaghan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i were a potential recruit, I wouldn't want to play for Bruce Pearl either. He has no class, and cares about nothing else but being popular among the fans and advancing his career. He has done so many things that make his character look very questionable, yet every UT fan ignores these because as of now they have no football program and have to depend on the basketball team to cheer on, and they are producing victories. UT fans are always fairweather, and I'm not surprised at all that they're ignoring his past incidents. First Phil Fulmer and now Bruce Pearl...a lot of class at this school. And by the way I am big a Pat Summit fan.

Where is your basis?

If i were a potential recruit, I wouldn't want to play for Bruce Pearl either. He has no class, and cares about nothing else but being popular among the fans and advancing his career. He has done so many things that make his character look very questionable, yet every UT fan ignores these because as of now they have no football program and have to depend on the basketball team to cheer on, and they are producing victories. UT fans are always fairweather, and I'm not surprised at all that they're ignoring his past incidents. First Phil Fulmer and now Bruce Pearl...a lot of class at this school. And by the way I am big a Pat Summit fan.

We asked you for examples of your accusations, and now you're not responding to us. Thise claims are pretty defamatory. We would like to have some examples of what you are talking about.

i odnt like this guy none! cause he wouldnt go to UT i guess cause he didnt think they would be anygood..now he has wasted a yr jus because of that! at UT he could have been able to play however he wanted to cause thats what they do alot really..i would like to see him there though..

Tyler is doing just fine at a top prep school. He has not wasted a year and he will still be highly recruited by top colleges. That's 4 sho!!

We asked you for examples of your accusations, and now you're not responding to us. Thise claims are pretty defamatory. We would like to have some examples of what you are talking about.

I can't answer about everything he is saying because Pearl has done a great job..but as Anthony said earlier up was that Dotson was let go or his scholarship commitment wasn't being honored because Pearl didn't think he was good enough to play..Maybe the kid still wanted to go to Tenn even if he didn't get playing time...That could have been his dream..Should not Tenn not have honored his commitment?If Dotson had been the next LeBron James,we wouldn't be posting about this subject..But..at the same time..even when a player is at a university..that university or the coach can revoke the scholarship if the player isn't performing up to standards on and off the court...I guess the other thing he may be talking about is the high school game involving Pearl's son..By all accounts ,Pearl didn't curse the official but got on the official numerous times and supposedely told him.."You have blown 3 calls..." Now with everyone knowing who he is,a lot of other fans join in and blast the official...It can get pretty brutal..The official was going to have Pearl removed from the gym but Pearl left voluntairly...But he watched from the lobby..I thought if you were ejected from a gym..you had to leave the building..I've seen several fans ejected from a game and everyone I have seen had to leave the building?Did Pearl get special treatment?Now..that official can't officiate any more of that teams games...The official turns out to be the bad guy...I have been complaining about a certain official every time we have him doing our high school games...I don't see the TSSAA keeping him away from our games..So..I guess I need to start a petition and get a lot of signatures and send it to the TSSAA and let them know,if you did it for Pearl..why not for us?

Edited by mrbigster

Seems to me the best way to have handled this situation was for the TSSAA tell the school to control the situation and for their fans to behave or leave..one or the two...including Pearl..It's hard enough to get officials and now they send this official somewhere else..If another official doesn't call the game to suit Pearl and the rest of the West fans,are they going to be chased away also?..Better start looking for extra officials because they are going to run out !

Edited by mrbigster

I can't answer about everything he is saying because Pearl has done a great job..but as Anthony said earlier up was that Dotson was let go or his scholarship commitment wasn't being honored because Pearl didn't think he was good enough to play..Maybe the kid still wanted to go to Tenn even if he didn't get playing time...That could have been his dream..Should not Tenn not have honored his commitment?If Dotson had been the next LeBron James,we wouldn't be posting about this subject..But..at the same time..even when a player is at a university..that university or the coach can revoke the scholarship if the player isn't performing up to standards on and off the court...I guess the other thing he may be talking about is the high school game involving Pearl's son..By all accounts ,Pearl didn't curse the official but got on the official numerous times and supposedely told him.."You have blown 3 calls..." Now with everyone knowing who he is,a lot of other fans join in and blast the official...It can get pretty brutal..The official was going to have Pearl removed from the gym but Pearl left voluntairly...But he watched from the lobby..I thought if you were ejected from a gym..you had to leave the building..I've seen several fans ejected from a game and everyone I have seen had to leave the building?Did Pearl get special treatment?Now..that official can't officiate any more of that teams games...The official turns out to be the bad guy...I have been complaining about a certain official every time we have him doing our high school games...I don't see the TSSAA keeping him away from our games..So..I guess I need to start a petition and get a lot of signatures and send it to the TSSAA and let them know,if you did it for Pearl..why not for us?

UTK and Pearl WERE going to honor Dotson's scholly. They didn't yank it. Pearl told Dotson that he would find it extremely difficult to find any playing time in his four years and that if he still wanted to come that they would honor his scholly. Then Dotson CHOSE to ask for a release because when he thought about it he decided he would rather go to a mid-major college and get to play as opposed to going to UTK and sitting the bench his entire career. It would have been a much more class-less act if Pearl would have allowed him to come to UTK and disillusioned him into thinking he was going to get playing time. Dotson is at Belmont and is a contributor at that level. It worked out for the best for him.

..The official was going to have Pearl removed from the gym but Pearl left voluntairly...But he watched from the lobby..I thought if you were ejected from a gym..you had to leave the building..I've seen several fans ejected from a game and everyone I have seen had to leave the building?Did Pearl get special treatment?Now..that official can't officiate any more of that teams games...The official turns out to be the bad guy...I have been complaining about a certain official every time we have him doing our high school games...I don't see the TSSAA keeping him away from our games..So..I guess I need to start a petition and get a lot of signatures and send it to the TSSAA and let them know,if you did it for Pearl..why not for us?

He didn't "officially" get thrown out because he left before the official could throw him out, so there was no requirement for him to leave the building. The official was not scheduled to ref at West any more anyway, so it became a hypothetical question. The TSSAA would not want the ref at a West game in fairness to the ref and the game. It is not because of pressure from Pearl or anything like that, its just the right thing to do from the refs point of view. It was not punishment of the ref.

Pearl didn't act any different than Roger Clemens when he left his son's baseball game under the same circumstances. The refs in both cases were extra sensitive to who was in the crowd, and they wanted to make sure the special fan didn't use his power to leverage the game. This is just a fact of life, you happen to have a well known coach who is also a dad. As a dad he shares the same emotions as any other dad. Yes one could say he should set an example, but I don't think he did anything way out of line.

Edited by Anthony17