Lesson learned?

Solomon

ERA, I have to disagree with you. Last Year was a bad year and an embarassment to the tradition of UT football, BUT I do not believe the guys on the hill have forgot how to coach or that UT does not have the talent to finish 10-2 or better. Go back to 1988. 5-6, I believe theywere 0-5 or 0-6 to start the year. What happened in 1989, 11-1 and 1990 Cotton Bowl Champs, plus just a bad Alabama game away from being undefeated. Remember UT was just in the SEC Championship game a year ago vs Auburn and finished the year Cotton Bowl Champs. Alot of times we are quick to turn on a school or staff because of an off year. I believe the Vols will bounce back and have a great year in 2006.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERA, I have to disagree with you. Last Year was a bad year and an embarassment to the tradition of UT football, BUT I do not believe the guys on the hill have forgot how to coach or that UT does not have the talent to finish 10-2 or better. Go back to 1988. 5-6, I believe theywere 0-5 or 0-6 to start the year. What happened in 1989, 11-1 and 1990 Cotton Bowl Champs, plus just a bad Alabama game away from being undefeated. Remember UT was just in the SEC Championship game a year ago vs Auburn and finished the year Cotton Bowl Champs. Alot of times we are quick to turn on a school or staff because of an off year. I believe the Vols will bounce back and have a great year in 2006.

I couldnt agree more!!! ;)

You guys still don't get it. Facts are facts. It doesn't matter what they did 100 yrs ago. This is today. This is a team without any track record of knowing how to win games or a coaching staff that clicks. Yes, Cut is back. But, that does not mean the chemistry is right. Until they show something in the orange and white game, nothing can be assumed.

Any predictions now are absolutely absurd unless you your psychic or psycho.....you make the call. If you are the former, please give me the winning lottery ticket numbers for power ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

You guys still don't get it. Facts are facts. It doesn't matter what they did 100 yrs ago. This is today. This is a team without any track record of knowing how to win games or a coaching staff that clicks. Yes, Cut is back. But, that does not mean the chemistry is right. Until they show something in the orange and white game, nothing can be assumed.

Any predictions now are absolutely absurd unless you your psychic or psycho.....you make the call. If you are the former, please give me the winning lottery ticket numbers for power ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

So what do you suggest, that UT axe Phil because he had one bad season? And you are right about the facts, look at Phils track record, that is facts! UT football will be back this season and when they are, I want you to be here so I can say "I told you so"! ;)

So what do you suggest, that UT axe Phil because he had one bad season? And you are right about the facts, look at Phils track record, that is facts! UT football will be back this season and when they are, I want you to be here so I can say "I told you so"! :o

You see, gotmilk, you're jumping to conclusions. I did not say they were or were not going to be back next year but, again, you put words in my mouth. All I'm saying is this coach has not been in this situation quite like this before. He's had ample amount of athletes year in and year out. It doesn't mean he's down for the count, but it does mean there's no data to back up any predictions for THIS KIND OF SITUATION. I'm in the business of data collecting boys. I know data. This particular event has no previous data sets. Give it a rest....B) Go UT! <_< Go Phil :P Go Gotmilk! :P please B)

ERA, again I would have to disagree because based on facts or data as you like to call it Coach Fulmer has been in similar situations as an assistant and HC. Again I go back to 1988, FACT: Fulmer was on that staff. FACT: They turned it around the next year. Next, 1997, they lose Manning, Little, etc. everyone thinks they are doomed to be average at best. Who is the Head Coach? Anyone, anyone?? Oh Yeah, Fulmer. What happens they are 1998 National Champs. Look recently, 2004, FACT: with the loss of Casey Clausen and other UT is expected to be medioce at best. FACT: All they do is go to the SEC Championship game, lose to a team that should have played for, and probably would've won, the National Championship in Auburn in a good ballgame. Then they go on to win the Cotton Bowl. Finally, as far as your data goes on these players not having a track record of winning games, are these guys not the same ones that beat Florida and Georgia in 2004 to win the SEC east? Just wondering. I will end by saying you are right on one account, I can not say for sure that UT will win a certain amount of games BUT, you can not say they will lose a certain amount either. Bottom line is are you looking at the glass as half full or half empty?? :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update -

A good friend of mine got to go to the scrimmage on Saturday and he said the offense looked a lot better. Said that Ainge was still trying to float too many to receivers, but that the only people in green jerseys are the QBs and that all in all, the offense looked a lot more crisp than last season. He also said that Crompton was a stud, albeit he was in there as the 3rd team QB.

He is an ultimate pessimist, but even he was impressed with the improvement.