STATE BRACKETS

Svebakken

http://www.tssaa.org/2005Champions/StateBB...sAA/Bracket.htm

There is the link to the bracket for the state tournament. And for some reason, in the first round of state it will have Bolivar, Liberty, Mitchell, and Haywood all playing each other, assuming they all bring their A game to the Region and substate games. Those 4 could have been the final 4.

Why in the world does it have the West playing the West in the 1st round. They do not do that in any other classification. In Class A and in Class AAA, they do not have the Region 5 & 6 meeting Region 7 & 8 until the semifinals.

Yeah, that's horrible. I do think that these four would be in the final four but that's not it. When you go to the state tournament, I think you should play someone that most likly you haven't seen in the 1st round. I think it should be Regions 1/2 vs Regions 5/6 and Regions 3/4 vs Regions 7/8. Because more than likly if these teams didn't meet up in a holiday tournament they hadn't played each other.

I believe it is a random draw

Im tired of this random draw mess. How can anyone, including the TSSAA, say it is a random draw and this happens every year. Then TSSAA has the nerve to say attendance is down and they dont set the brackets up to try to make it where the best four teams make it to the semifinals. I dont mean any disrespect to Middle and East Tennessee but I know for sure in AA the gold ball is coming this way. TSSAA is hoping some version of Hoosiers will happen where some little small underrated team comes out the woodwork and slays one of the WEST TN GIANTS!!!

Im tired of this random draw mess. How can anyone, including the TSSAA, say it is a random draw and this happens every year. Then TSSAA has the nerve to say attendance is down and they dont set the brackets up to try to make it where the best four teams make it to the semifinals. I dont mean any disrespect to Middle and East Tennessee but I know for sure in AA the gold ball is coming this way. TSSAA is hoping some version of Hoosiers will happen where some little small underrated team comes out the woodwork and slays one of the WEST TN GIANTS!!!

Fayette-Ware beat Bolivar Central...though I am a strong McMinn Central supporter, in my unbiased oppinion, McMinn Central is the only AA team from the east capable of slaying one of the west tn Giants...

Last year Bolivar matched up with east TN Sullivan Central in the first round and you ended up with the best two teams (Bolivar and Raleigh Egypt) in the finals, so I don't think you can say that "this happens every year". How else would you propose to set the brackets if random draw is unfair? Are we going ot use the AP polls that everyone cries about all year long? This just looks like another forum for crying to me. This should get me ripped pretty good, have fun. lol

Fayette-Ware beat Bolivar Central...though I am a strong McMinn Central supporter, in my unbiased oppinion, McMinn Central is the only AA team from the east capable of slaying one of the west tn Giants...

What does that has to do with this mess of a bracket? We also went to there house and returned the favor. Forgot to add that part didn't u?

Last year Bolivar matched up with east TN Sullivan Central in the first round and you ended up with the best two teams (Bolivar and Raleigh Egypt) in the finals, so I don't think you can say that "this happens every year". How else would you propose to set the brackets if random draw is unfair? Are we going ot use the AP polls that everyone cries about all year long? This just looks like another forum for crying to me. This should get me ripped pretty good, have fun. lol

Not going to do nothing of that but IF THERE ARE FOUR TEAMS THAT ARE IN THE TOURNAMENT FROM THE EAST SIDE OF THE WATER AND FOUR FROM THE WEST. WHY DOESNT IF IT START OFF LIKE DISTRICT RANKINGS OR EVEN W VS. E IN FIRST ROUND. TRUE BOLIVAR started out with SULLIVAN CENTRAL last year and in my opinion the TSSAA saw what happened to them and they want to see one of the East teams make it to the FINAL dance so the only way they can do that is to eliminate the GREAT TEAMS from the WEST. With crap like this no matter who brings the G-BAll home just as long as it comes to the WEST

HOPEFULLY WITH CRAP LIKE THIS BOLIVAR WILL STILL SURVIVE THE STRUGGLE

Edited by Bizzieb_34

First I want to start this post off by saying this. Not saying this is how it will be come time to go to BORO'. (My opinion) But WHY is it that any team from the west no matter who THEY ARE. Will be facing another from the the west in the first round according to the BRACKETS. Tell me what you think ?

Example: If the teams that I picked to go from this side make it they are matched up as so. If

BOLIVAR go and Liberty go they will be in seperate brackets due to they are from the same DISTRICT if I'm correct

BUT

1. BOLIVAR VS. HAYWOOD OR MITCHELL

2. LIBERTY VS. HAYWOOD OR MITCHELL

WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK OF THIS?

Edited by Bizzieb_34

I have a great deal of respect for Mid and Est Tennessee teams. I do. And, as always, I could very well be wrong. I also realize how this will sound but...

The trophy will end up back in West Tennesee. I understand all of your strong feelings for your teams...same as I have for BCHS. I've posted with too many of you this year not to get that. But my guess is it WILL end up West of the river. At least another year.

I'd like to hear thoughts on this. I'm thinking BCHS can/will 3 peat this time...but I'm not picking a particuar team in W.TN (trying to be fair/realistic), b/c as much as I think of all the Tigers, they're going to have to step it up another notch. Hopefully making it to sub-state, and winning-if you can get it done---as you should...well that's just the REAL beginning and you guys know it b/c of your experience!!! You ALL have to do it.

Too many other teams want what you have guys have now. Time for some of you to realize that--I know, most of you already do.

I won't name them (the teams)...but you all know who wants it and can really compete for it.

And those of you Tigers who know firefulmer know that I want you to make history...as you can..if you GO GET IT!!! :thumb:

Edited by firefulmer