Tough draws at State Tournament

BayouBear

hey hespinnedref,

finally found you on here. do you accept my apology??? never heard from you!

and...are you going to introduce yourself to me in chattanooga this weekend???

would love to put a face to a name and kiss and make up! not really, but you know what i mean. :thumb:

pattonboysdad,

I am here, however, my job keeps me traveling, however, I will be at the state tournament this weekend.

I accept your apology and accept your reason as to why you misunderstood my post. Apology accepted. I am glad you understand I was not trying to dog anybody, just advising what other schools do. I will try to look you up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't public schools the public's gift to its future, an attempt to offer, at least, a minimal education to all young people, while often offering a very good education and sometimes even offering an exemplary education?

Aren't independent schools the parents' gift to their own child's future, outside or beyond what they feel the public schools can offer? The outside and beyond may be a more stringent curriculum, an education in a religious environment, greater individual attention through smaller class sizes, an offering of specialized attention, an offering of cultural commonalities, or whatever may lead parents to choose a given independent school.

This comes close to what my observations have indicated to me.

This is almost fun.

Those with kids in public education should send notes of thank you to those that do not and choose alternative means of education (private, homeschool, etc.).

Not only are those parents funding public education, but they dont use the resources either. So that means more resources for their kids, smaller class sizes and so on.

Think about this:

Lets say (and its higher) 20% of the kids eligible for public education are either privately educated or home schooled. The economy gets bad and much of that 20% is pulled into the public system. Think the resources are scarce now in public education?

Public education is vital to this state and nation. Its those that run it who tend to mess it up.

That is only the education part.

I can see the day when all atheltics are funded outside of the public education system. The private schools do that now. Most of wrestling does too. I know alot of programs that dont take a nickle from the school system and have top wrestling programs. Good thing about our sport is we can go out into the backyard and settle it, the mat is incidental.

With the policitians we tend to elect, they always eat the public education dollars and athletics funded this way are a direct hit.

Loose thoughts on the eve of the greatest weekend of the year.

reftn

Just because you have BIG MONEY and can send your kids to a private WRESTLING school of your choice doesn't make it fair to the other teams that can only choose from their district. Your DISTRICT is all of USA others aren't quite as lucking. Compare any Public school district to YOUR SCHOOL quite a difference.

So you have the BEST TEAM MONEY CAN BUY!! Wow! Baylor and Yankees have something in Common. Compare the NY Yankees revenue resources to the Milwaukee Brewers is that fair. Compare Baylor resources to Meigs County is that fair. NO. Congratulations on all you BEST TEAM MONEY CAN BUY CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

May the MOST MONEY WIN!!

Hey Raider76,

At least Keefwhines spreads the hate out evenly. Thanks for diverting his attention away from us

Harry

Hey Raider76,

At least Keefwhines spreads the hate out evenly. Thanks for diverting his attention away from us

Harry

I kinda have to agree with toejam, Raider76 has a WHOLE lot of money.

GO IRISH

Other good semi matches( if all goes the way of the wrestling Gods )

Kellen Hollimen vs Ulric Winsburgh

Travis Creagen vs Jake Young

A tough 1st round match Dustin Stewart vs Luis Aguilar in 103

Bear Cat

I will try to look you up.

Don't be afraid to look me up too "HBPF", and anyone else like momma Heffington, who is?????. We havn't had a healthy exchange for some time now. :thumb:

I'll be there in black or gray Smyrna attire. :lol:

The Gut may not be as large because of training hard for the Vol/Jakesdad tag team match. I had to get under 200 pounds, but my brother was not able to get under 240.

My head is looking more like sly's, The B-Bear and RMC's now, however. As far as hair,,, I will never match the Vols thickness, Raider76's gray, Tex23's golden brown, BCB's curls and certainly not JT"s ponytail length or wrestle90's for that matter. :D

Edited by Sommers