Best HS Baseball Coach

olympian

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta go with coach Buddy Powers and his staff I think he gets the most out of what he has i know every team works hard but i think Riverdales coaches gets the most out of his talent its been afew years since we have had a HAMMER on the mound but he coaches our pithcers on hitting their spots and thorwing strikes we usually do enough offensivly to move runners Our team does a good job and doing the little things and that comes from coaching

Who is the best High School Baseball coach in your region of the state?

Mack Hawks out of Oakland High School. Even if ya take away the 2 state championships, he still has had some great runs. A great example of his coaching is the 2002 team that finished 22-15, but caught fire at the right time and won 7 of their last 9, with a region championship. 2003 was another great coaching job by Hawks in winning 33 games

I would have to say that Loudon's Bill Thompson is one of the best coaches in the state. His team last year finished third in the state, and has not had a losing season since 1981. Good luck to the redskins and coach Thompson in 2006!

coach ritz at DB , he won the state 2 years in a row at sullivan north has come close at DB dominate the big 9 :thumb:

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

Mack Hawks out of Oakland High School. Even if ya take away the 2 state championships, he still has had some great runs. A great example of his coaching is the 2002 team that finished 22-15, but caught fire at the right time and won 7 of their last 9, with a region championship. 2003 was another great coaching job by Hawks in winning 33 games

I'm going to have to disagree greatly with you on that one. Hawks is a great guy but he simply doesn't know baseball. He should have won alot more titles with the talent that ran through that ball club.

I'm going to have to disagree greatly with you on that one. Hawks is a great guy but he simply doesn't know baseball. He should have won alot more titles with the talent that ran through that ball club.

Thanks for the humor. You dont know baseball and form Oakland into one of top programs in the state. Hes had great talent and hes won 2 state championships, first team in AAA to win back to back state championships, numerous district and region titles, and 4 state final 4 appearances. I know you guys love Reavis, but come on now. Having good talent is all well and good, but somebody has to develop it, know where to put them, etc etc etc. People who simply dont know baseball dont stay in the game for almost 20 seasons like hawks has

Edited by OaklandGrad

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

Thanks for the humor. You dont know baseball and form Oakland into one of top programs in the state. Hes had great talent and hes won 2 state championships, first team in AAA to win back to back state championships, numerous district and region titles, and 4 state final 4 appearances. I know you guys love Reavis, but come on now. Having good talent is all well and good, but somebody has to develop it, know where to put them, etc etc etc. People who simply dont know baseball dont stay in the game for almost 20 seasons like hawks has

Was I saying Reavis is the best HS baseball coach? .. no. However, Reavis is a prime example of taking little talent and turning it into alot with a 2nd year program going to regions. If Hawks has little talent, hes done for. But thats my opinion.

Was I saying Reavis is the best HS baseball coach? .. no. However, Reavis is a prime example of taking little talent and turning it into alot with a 2nd year program going to regions. If Hawks has little talent, hes done for. But thats my opinion.

You think Hawks was busting with talent when he started at Oakland? No, but hes made it into one of the programs where parents want to send their kids to if they have a chance at a scholarship or maybe even being drafted. 2002 and 2003 Oakland was stacked with talent, but the made it to the state final 8 both years, finishing 3rd in 2003. Winning 2 state championships at this level is tough no matter how ya slice it, unless your name is Phil Clark or Germantown