Tennessean Boys Top 10

Midstate

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see my two favorite schools 3 and 4 in the polls. I will agree with randymc....I dont care how many good teams BA beat...they still lost to Shelbyville. Now if Shelbyville lost a few more games, theres a reason to move down in the polls, but with identical records...I take Shelby.

I want to add....Hendersonville is a sleeper heading into state. Be ready.

Always have loved watching Hendersonville play, so fun to watch them. I think Kerry West maybe one of the best coaches nobody hears about

How long has he coached there?

Not too sure because West is a pretty young, but Im guessing 6-8 years. If King were to ever leave Oakland and the Patriots had to go outside the coaching staff to hire a new coach, Kerry West would be one of the names on the top of the list because he continues to defy the notion that you need size to be successful when Kerry has more often than not been able to do it with guys that are essentially 5 guards

Not too sure because West is a pretty young, but Im guessing 6-8 years. If King were to ever leave Oakland and the Patriots had to go outside the coaching staff to hire a new coach, Kerry West would be one of the names on the top of the list because he continues to defy the notion that you need size to be successful when Kerry has more often than not been able to do it with guys that are essentially 5 guards

This team that has lost one game has 5 guard and no posts?

Oakland[/url'>Grad' post='825938816' date='Feb 13 2006 - 07:22 PM']

I havent seen them play this year so I cant speak for them this year, but in years past Hendersonville has gone with a small starting 5 and made the state tournament twice................

I have a hard time believing that. I just don't know if they can play with the Memphis teams with 5 guards.

If Shelbyville was undefeated and obviously beat BA they would still say BA is number one. You have heard of the boro bias, I introduce the BA bias.

Yes, but your Eagles are Undefeated against teams in TN and BA is not! 2 losses I do believe.

I hope that Lockridge doesnt take the out of state wins that BA has gotten into consideration..

And the Shelbyville out of state losses.

How long has he coached there?

1998-1999 was his 1st year I am pretty sure.

I believe their tallest starter is 6'3. Great fundamental team.

Hats off to Coach West for another great year so far!

Tallest starter is Josh Johnson at 6'4...but he starts at guard, lol. Ed Sawyer is the main post at 6'3. Hendersonville is a live and die by the three kinda team. They will go inside, but they would rather take the outside shot. Hubert, Hewgley, Johnson....ounce of daylight, and they will kill you...especially Hubert. Best pure shooter in the midstate.