Pickett Co. 61 York 46

bobcatfan300

Pickett Co. took an easy 61-46 win over York Institute Monday night. Jacob Wright had 17 for the Bobcats while Brett Roddy added 16. Pickett Co. was picked for 3rd before the season and should end up 2nd with a 22-6 record, unless Hermitage Springs or Monterey can pull an upset. Coach Bibb should be the Coach of the Year in 7A. Coach Young did a good job at Hermitage Springs, but they haven't done as well as expected. Edwards had the top team in Clay Co. but they've lost 5 games, plus the phantom loss to Pope John Paul II which is missing from their "official" record, and the Bulldevils haven't lived up to the bragging of Clay Co. Coach Bibb should win hands down.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett Co. took an easy 61-46 win over York Institute Monday night. Jacob Wright had 17 for the Bobcats while Brett Roddy added 16. Pickett Co. was picked for 3rd before the season and should end up 2nd with a 22-6 record, unless Hermitage Springs or Monterey can pull an upset. Coach Bibb should be the Coach of the Year in 7A. Coach Young did a good job at Hermitage Springs, but they haven't done as well as expected. Edwards had the top team in Clay Co. but they've lost 5 games, plus the phantom loss to Pope John Paul II which is missing from their "official" record, and the Bulldevils haven't lived up to the bragging of Clay Co. Coach Bibb should win hands down.

why should bibb be coach of the year for something he should be doing....bibb winning at pc that is a given....crap EVERYONE who coaches at pc wins.....a trained monkey could win at pc.

He should win because he is doing what needs to be done to keep the tradition going...with 4 sophomores and a junior as starters. Everyone was saying Pickett would be "down" this year and their "down year" is not winning the district but coming in 2nd and having a 20-6 record.

Coach Bibb is a good coach no doubt, but Edwards did basically the same thing last year that Bibb did this year and Edwards did the one thing last year that Bibb won't be able to do this year and that is win the district tournament. So i tend to agree with the other poster. Bibb is basically doing what he is suppose to do. :thumb:

Coach Bibb is a good coach no doubt, but Edwards did basically the same thing last year that Bibb did this year and Edwards did the one thing last year that Bibb won't be able to do this year and that is win the district tournament. So i tend to agree with the other poster. Bibb is basically doing what he is suppose to do. :lol:

I disagree completely that Edwards did the same thing last year Bibb did this year. One thing Saylor is a returning starter, and Rich played quite a few minutes his sophomore year. Now, for the other starters, Godwin started at Jackson Co., and Casey could have gotten a lot of minutes at any school besides Livingston Academy, because politics is not as big elsewhere as it is in Livingston. Ferrara also got a few minutes the year before last. Nathan Strong got some playing time his sophomore year, but was out due to injury his junior year, so I cannot see where they were down. Jacob Wright got some minutes last year, but not a lot of minutes, Brett Roddy got some minutes last year, as did T.C. Capps, but neither played big roles, and Roddy is not that great, and Capps has come a long way. Brent Logan has also came a long way, and I cannot even remember the other starters name, not like he is not important, but it has slipped my mind for some reason. They have no bench, and Rob have 4-5 guys last year that could have played, had he chose to give them the chance to. I cannot see how last year for Edwards was even close to Bibb this year, and not even the records match up with Pickett only losing six games, and Edwards lost 10 last year, which could still happen for Pickett, but not as of now.

Coach Bibb is a good coach no doubt, but Edwards did basically the same thing last year that Bibb did this year and Edwards did the one thing last year that Bibb won't be able to do this year and that is win the district tournament. So i tend to agree with the other poster. Bibb is basically doing what he is suppose to do. :thumb:

So who's your pick for coach of the yr in 7A Devil? Let me guess....

I disagree completely that Edwards did the same thing last year Bibb did this year. One thing Saylor is a returning starter, and Rich played quite a few minutes his sophomore year. Now, for the other starters, Godwin started at Jackson Co., and Casey could have gotten a lot of minutes at any school besides Livingston Academy, because politics is not as big elsewhere as it is in Livingston. Ferrara also got a few minutes the year before last. Nathan Strong got some playing time his sophomore year, but was out due to injury his junior year, so I cannot see where they were down. Jacob Wright got some minutes last year, but not a lot of minutes, Brett Roddy got some minutes last year, as did T.C. Capps, but neither played big roles, and Roddy is not that great, and Capps has come a long way. Brent Logan has also came a long way, and I cannot even remember the other starters name, not like he is not important, but it has slipped my mind for some reason. They have no bench, and Rob have 4-5 guys last year that could have played, had he chose to give them the chance to. I cannot see how last year for Edwards was even close to Bibb this year, and not even the records match up with Pickett only losing six games, and Edwards lost 10 last year, which could still happen for Pickett, but not as of now.

Coach Bibb is the best coach i have ever had the privilege of playing for,And we DO have a bench.Jacob Brown and Alan Hicks are two of our bench players.They can dribble the ball,shoot the three,and make some plays happen.The other starter that you couldnt recall was James Gibson.He is a great player who is possibly the quickest player on the team.He is an excellent defensive player who can dribble and shoot the threes.Look For The Bobcats In The District. :ph34r:

Edited by theboom

After seeing Hermitage Springs last night, Coach Young could give Coach Bibb a run for the Coach of the Year depending how they do in the playoffs. Clay Co. can only be seen as having a very disappointing year with SIX losses.

I'm not that disappointed that they lost 6 games. Two years ago when we were suppose to have the greatest team ever we had 10 loses going into the postseason and ended up doing just fine in the tourney. If Edwards finishes up an undefeated district season tonight I really don't see how anyone else has a shot a Coach of the Year.