Greeneville coasts over Science Hill

KardzGuy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any comments about the Greeneville/ Science Hill game Tuesday 2-14 ?

Wouldn't you think that a school that is the 10th largest in the entire state with 1949 students could beat a team from a school less than half their size. Greeneville has only 834 students. Just a thought. In all actuality, wouldn't it be like Greenville playing a small Single A team?

Wouldn't you think that a school that is the 10th largest in the entire state with 1949 students could beat a team from a school less than half their size. Greeneville has only 834 students. Just a thought. In all actuality, wouldn't it be like Greenville playing a small Single A team?

That would be true if the players were all born and bred in G'ville. Take away Wiggins and Boone, this year's transfers, and see how Greeneville does. All I'm saying is don't bring up school size unless others can speak of the recent transfers.....great win....

That would be true if the players were all born and bred in G'ville. Take away Wiggins and Boone, this year's transfers, and see how Greeneville does. All I'm saying is don't bring up school size unless others can speak of the recent transfers.....great win....

Come on now. I've been watching basketball in East Tennessee since the early 70's. Parents taking better jobs and transfering in and out is not something new. You will have to admit that is pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel. I would assume that most upper East TN teams get alot of this. What else explains the major growth of the school enrollment numbers. My point was that year in and year out Greenville's Adminastration forces them to play at a higher level of competition, and in most cases they do O.K. I agree that it was a really good game and I look forward to the Hilltopper/Devil games to come. Next year should be interesting.

your just mad because science hill got wore out by a team that is supposed to be playing in AA. We play in AAA and do very well i might add.

your just mad because science hill got wore out by a team that is supposed to be playing in AA. We play in AAA and do very well i might add.

I could care less about Science Hill. I live in Knoxville. Greeneville is much more talented than Science Hill with the transfers of Boone/Wiggins. The only reason I commented was because Kardz was talking enrollment numbers. Alcoa plays up too, but they don't bragwhen they win or whine when they lose....I guess the new players have done nothing to improve Greeneville this season.....good win like I said the first time.....

Greeneville 75

Science Hill 61

Looks like Greeneville Walked the Walk on this night. My guess is that we may see another matchup in a week or so.

Like I said earlier on another thread...

I wouldn't get so vocal about this win if I were a Devil fan…after all as I said in an earlier post you did get beat by Mo West which proves that you are just as vulnerable as Science Hill or any of the other top teams in this region. Just remember (as you’re so graciously taking this victory) you reap what you sow and tournament time is just around the corner!!!

I could care less about Science Hill. I live in Knoxville. Greeneville is much more talented than Science Hill with the transfers of Boone/Wiggins. The only reason I commented was because Kardz was talking enrollment numbers. Alcoa plays up too, but they don't bragwhen they win or whine when they lose....I guess the new players have done nothing to improve Greeneville this season.....good win like I said the first time.....

You keep talking about the ones that moved in, how about if we still had Murner??? Dont wanna comment on that do ya cause that would just be nasty.

What the heck do "recent transfers" have to do with school size and playing up? People change jobs and relocate their families all the time. I am sure there are plenty of transfer students in various sports all over East TN. Why is it such a big deal that these kids parents relocated to Greeneville? It has been listed as one of the 100 best small towns in America. Who wouldn't want to raise their kids in a great little town like Greeneville (or JC or Blountville or Maryville or just about any place up here in God's country) Greeneville plays up because all of their biggest rivals are in a higher classification. A good rivalry makes everyone better. I hope this one with SH continues for a very long time.