Dyer County

madii

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Dyer County having near the talent they had a couple of years ago. Coach Froedden is a strong disciplinarian and has weeded out most of the bad apples. Now we will see what kind of players he can develop. CJ Crittenden is probably better as a freshmen that Montrelle was, but will he be as good?

I only question Froedden's style. I don't think it fits his personelle. He doesn't have the athletes to play a 90 feet game, especially not against the teams Dyer County plays.

Maybe he is preparing for the future. He does have one thing going for him though, the administration at Dyer County don't really care whether he wins or not.

The district is down from where it used to be between 96-99. However the teams that were there in 2001-03 were really tough to beat. DC was on top of the district then and no one could hold a candle to them in the district. They were very tough.

DC is going to be good. They have got some good kids with character and its going to be fun in the next few years. I think the whole district is going to pick up and be back where it used to be.

I don't see Dyer County having near the talent they had a couple of years ago. Coach Froedden is a strong disciplinarian and has weeded out most of the bad apples. Now we will see what kind of players he can develop. CJ Crittenden is probably better as a freshmen that Montrelle was, but will he be as good?

I only question Froedden's style. I don't think it fits his personelle. He doesn't have the athletes to play a 90 feet game, especially not against the teams Dyer County plays.

Maybe he is preparing for the future. He does have one thing going for him though, the administration at Dyer County don't really care whether he wins or not.

CJ will be as good, if not better, then his brother Montrelle. I think he averaging about 10-15 points as a freshman. I think if he gets a little more help on the floor their is no telling how many more open shots he could get.

That's true...Dyer County adms. really don't care anymore if they win or not since they got hit with so many accusations that year. If Froedden would've came about 3 or 4 years ago, I'm 95% sure that most, if not all, of the starters would've quit and that there wouldn't have been any accusations with b-ball athletics....If Hopkins or Starks would've stayed (=more accusations), there would've been no telling of how many regional, substate, and state appearances that DC would've had......especially in 04-05 b/c I know for a fact that DC were at least 14-15 good players deep in the spring and summer.......they could've started 5 different players every game. But Froedden weeded out the bad apples and others just quit basically b/c of his style of practicing and playing.

Madi,

If coach hopkins had stayed, you might not have had a team by now with the way things were going. He did a good job at basketball but poor with teaching kids character. Look at the talent that was there and how many did something with it. I think Pete is teaching those kids something more than basketball that will definitely benefit them their entire lives. Hats off to him. Also, what happened between DC and Westview the next year? :huh:

CJ will be as good, if not better, then his brother Montrelle. I think he averaging about 10-15 points as a freshman. I think if he gets a little more help on the floor their is no telling how many more open shots he could get.

That's true...Dyer County adms. really don't care anymore if they win or not since they got hit with so many accusations that year. If Froedden would've came about 3 or 4 years ago, I'm 95% sure that most, if not all, of the starters would've quit and that there wouldn't have been any accusations with b-ball athletics....If Hopkins or Starks would've stayed (=more accusations), there would've been no telling of how many regional, substate, and state appearances that DC would've had......especially in 04-05 b/c I know for a fact that DC were at least 14-15 good players deep in the spring and summer.......they could've started 5 different players every game. But Froedden weeded out the bad apples and others just quit basically b/c of his style of practicing and playing.

In the 04/05 summer Coach Froedden took those 14 or 15 deep you talk about to summer camp and it wasnt pretty. The 04/05 season would have been similar to the one Coach Hopkins had in 98-99 after Tony Lambert graduated, no matter who was Coaching.

Now to the present C.J. is going to learn how to run a team and be a really good and I cant emphasize GOOD enough, point guard and defender. Along with some other kids DC should be the team to beat in the next few years in 13AA. However only time will tell.

Madi,

If coach hopkins had stayed, you might not have had a team by now with the way things were going. He did a good job at basketball but poor with teaching kids character. Look at the talent that was there and how many did something with it. I think Pete is teaching those kids something more than basketball that will definitely benefit them their entire lives. Hats off to him. Also, what happened between DC and Westview the next year? :blink:

I think that if Coach Hopkins or Starks would've stayed as DC coaches, and Froedden would've been the Assistant coach/motivational speaker for DC players, the b-ball team would have went a long way, physically as well as mentally.....when Hopkins was there, athletes that I can recall during my years their went to college: Courtney Jones, Montrelle, Brian, John Morris. Other players like Cyrus Johnson, and Perry had scholarships to go to college but they just didn't want to go....Hopkins was there for those kids day and night, just like Froedden is, so you gotta give Hopkins credit where credit is due.

In the 04/05 summer Coach Froedden took those 14 or 15 deep you talk about to summer camp and it wasnt pretty. The 04/05 season would have been similar to the one Coach Hopkins had in 98-99 after Tony Lambert graduated, no matter who was Coaching.

Now to the present C.J. is going to learn how to run a team and be a really good and I cant emphasize GOOD enough, point guard and defender. Along with some other kids DC should be the team to beat in the next few years in 13AA. However only time will tell.

Well If they were in summer camp, and they just had to adjust to a new coach as well as learn new plays, wouldn't you think that it would not be pretty??? I remember Hopkins talking about how good Lambert was and how he basically had to run the team all by himself. But I never heard about the 98-99 season so I can't elaborate on something I don't know.