Copper Basin job

Bill#49

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have talked to the "horse" and I was probably wrong about the Polk situation, but there was still politics involved. This is just a prime example of where we need a coaching organization to step in or up, and have it to where coaches sign contracts with expectations as terms of employment, whatever they may be, because I think they may be different than lets say at Trousdale or Red Boiling Springs. Then when only if those terms have not been met should there be grounds for dismissal. In other words if a players influential dad thinks his son should be Qb and he is not, he should not be able to have a part in the coaches departure. Think about it a coach sells his home, moves his family, spends a tremendous amount of time away from family, and is fired for some selfish reason. It is not right. I am not saying this was the situation at Copper, this is just of an example that is similur to what I have seen happen before in my carreer. This should be the topic of probably another thread and for that I apolagize.

I do not mean him any harm but everyone gets on here and slams the Super and Polk County in general for letting him go saying its Polkitics when in fact there is alot more to the story. Has anyone thought that some peoples problems are brought on by their own doings and decisions. People are saying that its because of them not playing Polk or something else ridiculous. In an earlier post the question was ask what was going on so I replied. Coach Stone was asked to resign but would not, so they fired him. He knows why he was asked to resign and it had nothing to do with his wins and losses and if you know anything about the situation you should know he is not saying anything to defend himself. The Copper Basin community is doing all the talking.

Edited by amabala

I know because everyone at McMinn Central knew why he was let go. Yes, I am familiar with Polk, Copper Basin and McMinn Central and I know faculty and administrators from all three schools as well as coaches. If I was wanting to gossip I would post why he was asked to resign but I won't. Why can't you people understand that he done something wrong and his dismissal from coaching is not political.

You're right dismissal from coaching is never political! At least in most places! Look it really doesn't matter what Coach Stone did or didn't do. Polk County has a history for doing people dirty and it all goes back to politics. What ever the case is they need to drop this "we're going in a different direction" crap and just give a reason. It's been nearly a month and nothing yet.

I been in coaching long enough to know there is politics in everything. What are they looking for in a coach? Does the community support the program? I saw that they have 17 seniors coming back. What kind of offense did they run? What did they do on defense? What is the biggest reason they were 5-5 and 2-4 in the region. Is Copper Basin a good place to raise a famly? I'm in West TN and don't know alot about Copper Basin, but I might be interested in finding out more. Are they still taking applications or is it too late to apply?

You're right dismissal from coaching is never political! At least in most places! Look it really doesn't matter what Coach Stone did or didn't do. Polk County has a history for doing people dirty and it all goes back to politics. What ever the case is they need to drop this "we're going in a different direction" crap and just give a reason. It's been nearly a month and nothing yet.

Polk has had some problem's but so has every other county and school system in the state, this is nothing new. Lets look at it from this point. Coach Stone has been there for 13 yrs. with little or no complaints about his teams performance so why would all of a sudden the powers that be decide to run him off from his coaching duties? Knowing that all he** would break loose. Could it be that Coach Stone actually did do something wrong? However, as you said "Look it really doesn't matter what Coach Stone did or didn't do." This is the problem some of the people of Copper Basin have, they believe that no matter what he has done he should not be replaced until they think so. Coach Stone is like a hometown boy because his wife is from the community so naturally they are going to support him no matter what he has done. As for the reason I stated earlier the school boards attorney has probably advised them not to give any reason. If this is so political why are the school board members from Copperhill not fighting this move?? They are not saying a word (hint, hint). So maybe there is a good reason other than what some of the people in Copperhill are saying "those sorry S.O.B's from west Polk are just trying to screw us over up here". ;)

Edited by amabala

I been in coaching long enough to know there is politics in everything. What are they looking for in a coach? Does the community support the program? I saw that they have 17 seniors coming back. What kind of offense did they run? What did they do on defense? What is the biggest reason they were 5-5 and 2-4 in the region. Is Copper Basin a good place to raise a famly? I'm in West TN and don't know alot about Copper Basin, but I might be interested in finding out more. Are they still taking applications or is it too late to apply?

The community does stand behind the program. However thier region is very weak except for South Pittsburgh. Three of the teams in the region were first or second year teams in TSSAA such as Silverdale Baptist, Grace Baptist and Temple. Taft is a youth prison in Pikeville and Andrews N.C. is very weak. Here is the schedule.

http://www.copperbasinhighschool.com/football/schedule.htm