Maryville Snubbed by PrepXtra top 10

MRFan4U

Point taken, however there is no way he is a better shooter than Kent. Tyler may have been on a streak but with that no arch bullet he shoots I''l take Kent's anyday. Don't get me wrong Luke West can fill it up in bunches when he hot ala George Mcginnus. Go luck to them Thursday.

Bottom line is they need to play as a team to advance or they will all be sitting on the sidelines watchin Bearden and the rest of them advance on. Bearden will be a tough opponent and we better get our thoughts on Tony White and the rest of his guys and not each other. Bearden will be seeking revenge and the the guys better get up for it and play together.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken, however there is no way he is a better shooter than Kent. Tyler may have been on a streak but with that no arch bullet he shoots I''l take Kent's anyday. Don't get me wrong Luke West can fill it up in bunches when he hot ala George Mcginnus. Go luck to them Thursday.

Stats don't lie....Tyler has shot the ball much better than Kent this year. I have saw almost every game this year so I have a good feel for this team. It's not a pretty shot but it goes in. Kent shot it well early in the year but slumped badly until recent. Kent gets most of his points off of snowbirds and run outs.

Bottom line is they need to play as a team to advance or they will all be sitting on the sidelines watchin Bearden and the rest of them advance on. Bearden will be a tough opponent and we better get our thoughts on Tony White and the rest of his guys and not each other. Bearden will be seeking revenge and the the guys better get up for it and play together.

Maryville's biggest opponent the rest of the post season is SELF. If they play unselfishly , no one can beat them . The guards including Maples,Basile,Tate,Damron and West will need to really get in the face of Beardens 3 guards and not allow any 3's or penetration. If and when they penetrate into the paint, then the big guys will have to assert themselves like they have in the past ,blocking shots and not allowing any easy layups. The Big guys,Tucker,Tate,Brown,Allen,Niethammer and Douglas will need to step up big offensively and more important defensively to beat the Dawgs.

Bearden will be a prohibitive favorite with the likes of White,Sibley,Ware ,their strong posts and their 30 plus wins.Unless of course , Maryville's players find it in themselves to play unselfishly and rise above their snubbing by PrepXtra and all the so called experts.Bearden will be playing with a lot of emotion trying to avenge their loss in the district championship.

To the Rebels it's big game time and its time to play with passion and control with no regrets, laying it all out on the court. Including of course your biggest opponent, SELF. Pull for each other as ONE unified team, with no jealousy and one common goal.........to win and move on, ONE game at a time. And last but not least have fun and enjoy every minute of it. You have absolutely nothing to lose.....you are winners no matter what happens, as long as you play as ONE.

Edited by MRFan4U

Stats don't lie....Tyler has shot the ball much better than Kent this year. I have saw almost every game this year so I have a good feel for this team. It's not a pretty shot but it goes in. Kent shot it well early in the year but slumped badly until recent. Kent gets most of his points off of snowbirds and run outs.

Gosh don't fall into that trap. Read my last post. If we don't become ONE we will never win. It is not about who is the best shooter or who scores the most points, it is about who humbles himself to become part of the ONE team whatever that role may be. After winning the district championship the one player that impressed me the most was Brent Faulkner. He sat the bench the entire time, but you would never have known it the way he celebrated after the game! That my friends is the definition of being ONE. Jealousy and comparisons is the quickest way to destroy the goal of becoming ONE. Hopefully the players will not fall into the same trap. Maybe Faulkner can show us all , The ONE goal and The ONE team :)

Competition can be good as long as we learn to become part of the bigger whole. Fans, parents and coaches need to learn as well and become part of the ONE. If not we become part of the problem and not the solution. Encouraging jealousy is no good for anyONE!

Edited by MRFan4U

Gosh don't fall into that trap. Read my last post. If we don't become ONE we will never win. It is not about who is the best shooter or who scores the most points, it is about who humbles himself to become part of the ONE team whatever that role may be. After winning the district championship the one player that impressed me the most was Brent Faulkner. He sat the bench the entire time, but you would never have known it the way he celebrated after the game! That my friends is the definition of being ONE. Jealousy and comparisons is the quickest way to destroy the goal of becoming ONE. Hopefully the players will not fall into the same trap. Maybe Faulkner can show us all , The ONE goal and The ONE team :)

Competition can be good as long as we learn to become part of the bigger whole. Fans, parents and coaches need to learn as well and become part of the ONE. If not we become part of the problem and not the solution. Encouraging jealousy is no good for anyONE!

Nice post.............I have no idea what the hey you are talking about but it was a nice post.

Nice post.............I have no idea what the hey you are talking about but it was a nice post.

Agree good post. He must be a coach. I think he is saying Maryville better play as a team and not individuals in order to keep winning. Especially since the POLLS on Coacht say

95% are picking Bearden to win

Maryville has their work cut out for them. Seems like 95% think Maryville's beating Bearden in the district was a fluke. The 5% must be from Maryville.

But will they be able to stop White,Sibley and Ware?

Bearden should win this one by ~20 as they did against Halls, unless Maryville plays as a unified team. For some reason most don't think Maryville is for real or has a chance.

Maryville should be loose since the pressure is on Bearden and it's 3 guards to perform.

Agree good post. He must be a coach. I think he is saying Maryville better play as a team and not individuals in order to keep winning. Especially since the POLLS on Coacht say

95% are picking Bearden to win

Maryville has their work cut out for them. Seems like 95% think Maryville's beating Bearden in the district was a fluke. The 5% must be from Maryville.

But will they be able to stop White,Sibley and Ware?

Bearden should win this one by ~20 as they did against Halls, unless Maryville plays as a unified team. For some reason most don't think Maryville is for real or has a chance.

Maryville should be loose since the pressure is on Bearden and it's 3 guards to perform.

Maryville just needs to do like they did against clinton. Bearden is a very similar team in that they rely on gaurd play to get it done. Maryville on the other hand, can just bully and muscle their way to a win, without any real basketball skill. Afterall, basketball is a lot like football. All you have to do is use your size and strength to get what you want. Just knock 'em down and out of the way and you can win.

Maryville just needs to do like they did against clinton. Bearden is a very similar team in that they rely on gaurd play to get it done. Maryville on the other hand, can just bully and muscle their way to a win, without any real basketball skill. Afterall, basketball is a lot like football. All you have to do is use your size and strength to get what you want. Just knock 'em down and out of the way and you can win.

Yeh Bearden should win this one easily. After all Maryville is just a bunch of football players in bball shorts :thumb:

Sounds like sour grapes. I guess that's the same excuse for the other 12 games Clinton lost. All those teams had no basketball skills they just bullied them like football. If that's the case it doesn't say much for Clinton's toughness, oh yeah they're a finesse team, just like in football.

Sounds to me like Kent Basile should pack his bags and return to the IMAC where he was appreciated. He was probably the best all around player in the IMAC as a sophomore. Sounds to me like he is experiencing politics and jealousy in Maryville.

And his baseball skill are second to none. Been around baseball all my life and I have never seen anyone with as much talent as he has. Hey, Kent if you happen to read this , Jeff County would love to have you as I am sure would Mo East. Unfortunately jealousy goes with the territory, but at least you will be appreciated.

Seriously.....cry me a river. No skills....just knock them down?.....LOL sad and pathetic.

BTW I enjoyed the reaction of that little guard throwing a fit and kicking chairs after the game. He then had to be restrained by an adult. He wasn't the only either....Niiiiiiiiiiice

Sounds to me like Kent Basile should pack his bags and return to the IMAC where he was appreciated. He was probably the best all around player in the IMAC as a sophomore. Sounds to me like he is experiencing politics and jealousy in Maryville.

And his baseball skill are second to none. Been around baseball all my life and I have never seen anyone with as much talent as he has. Hey, Kent if you happen to read this , Jeff County would love to have you as I am sure would Mo East. Unfortunately jealousy goes with the territory, but at least you will be appreciated.

Not sure where you got the unappreciated info at but fyi Kent is one of a few tallented players at MHS. It's called little fish and a big pond. Jefferson County?......LOL...that was the worst team I saw all year. Did they actually win a game?