Sullivan Central over DB in 2OT

brock20

Never,never in my 16 years of living have I seen a game like that.

I might not be the biggest fan of Throp but the kid is ice,Sensabaugh played amazing too,big players step up in big games and their were 5 big time players on the court tonightu,Throp,Sensabaugh,Hess,Buchanon,and Weatherford.

I'll tell ya though,Central has enough guts to fill a swimming pool.They crawled out of so many situations that you thought it had to be over.They got a great performance from their bench to,with Mccroskey,Baker and Mccann giving Central some crucial minutes.There wasn't a person sitting in the last 20 minutes or so.Also thanks to the South fans for cheering on another county school,and that dunk Willey had was sick.

Good luck everybody and thanks for giving me the privelage of seeing such an amzing game :thumb:

Congrats on the win tonight central, your players played tough all game. I have a question though. What was the chant your student section was chanting? It went something like "Are we the winning team? Yes we're the winning team. Are they the losing team? Yes they're the losing team. " Then what?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the win tonight central, your players played tough all game. I have a question though. What was the chant your student section was chanting? It went something like "Are we the winning team? Yes we're the winning team. Are they the losing team? Yes they're the losing team. " Then what?

Are you talking about the "Hey Gang!" cheer? Was it one guy yelling something then the everyone else yelling back to him?

Congratulations Cougars…you earned every bit of that victory!! And may I also say…WELCOME TO THE BIG 9!!!! There should be no doubt after tonight! Your student sectionS were off the hook! Regardless of how the chips my fall in the championship game, I hope your team can ride this momentum through the regional tournament. I’d love to see you take the “Redneck Show” on the road to Murfreesboro and represent the N.E.T. :D Great game to both teams!!!

Cougars what an amazing game. i don't think my blood pressure could have handled a 3rd overtime. But when it came down to the wire you all stepped up to the challenge and excelled. i have seen the central and DB rivalary from a few different views in my years, but this had to be one of the most spectacular ones i have ever seen. And the look on Throp's face when Buchanan stole the ball from him and the layup was priceless. Weatherford hit some BIG 3's in the first half and Buchanan owned the inside in the 2nd half, Hess also stepped up with some big shots. And all of the players stepped up at the free throw line, amazing shooting guys. You all thrive on pressure. Both teams played a very hard faught game, but i'm glad the Cougars came out on top. And what were the DB fans thinking making the South fans mad, that was dumb, but i appreciate all of the fans in the gym who got behind the Cougars tonight, i know it meant alot to the guys. And for the DB fans..."scoreboard, scoreboard..." sorry i had to. Oh yeah Buchanan, Baker, and McCann you all 3 had some very sick blocks tonight, very nice. And the charge call at the end of regulation, i'm not sure how much DB paid the refs for that one, or the time out that Throp called when he was already out of bounds in the db bench, those looked a little funny to me. And Sensabaugh you were asking for the technical, i'm glad to see the refs called that one, with the way they were calling stuff i was worried. But GO COUAGARS!!!!!!! and South i hope you guys stick it to DB on friday, you all have my support. And Cougars on Friday night always remember there are 5 players on the court, utilize ball movement and your inside game and your 3-ball. If you all play smart and play hard you can beat Science Hill, remember they are just another team, but i know you all can do it, good luck. Go Cougars!!!!!! show Science Hill how the Cougars play ball

Everyone? The times-news and tricitiessports.com are not everybody and they are just an opinion. newspapers are called rags for a reason. the times-news had south picked to contend for the title and you see where that got them. Remember the big front page photo of the big 3 hauldron, Ashworth, Powell...and Powell never even played this year. DB was picked 3rd finished 2nd...Charlie Morgan voted Cental 2nd or 3rd (2nd i think) in the conference in preseason...I would have put more value in someone tha knows a little about Xs and Os

If you are referring to the Basketball preview you are wrong about the picture.

Powell was not on the cover. It was Roberts, Hauldron, and Asheworth..

Cougars what an amazing game. i don't think my blood pressure could have handled a 3rd overtime. But when it came down to the wire you all stepped up to the challenge and excelled. i have seen the central and DB rivalary from a few different views in my years, but this had to be one of the most spectacular ones i have ever seen. And the look on Throp's face when Buchanan stole the ball from him and the layup was priceless. Weatherford hit some BIG 3's in the first half and Buchanan owned the inside in the 2nd half, Hess also stepped up with some big shots. And all of the players stepped up at the free throw line, amazing shooting guys. You all thrive on pressure. Both teams played a very hard faught game, but i'm glad the Cougars came out on top. And what were the DB fans thinking making the South fans mad, that was dumb, but i appreciate all of the fans in the gym who got behind the Cougars tonight, i know it meant alot to the guys. And for the DB fans..."scoreboard, scoreboard..." sorry i had to. Oh yeah Buchanan, Baker, and McCann you all 3 had some very sick blocks tonight, very nice. And the charge call at the end of regulation, i'm not sure how much DB paid the refs for that one, or the time out that Throp called when he was already out of bounds in the db bench, those looked a little funny to me. And Sensabaugh you were asking for the technical, i'm glad to see the refs called that one, with the way they were calling stuff i was worried. But GO COUAGARS!!!!!!! and South i hope you guys stick it to DB on friday, you all have my support. And Cougars on Friday night always remember there are 5 players on the court, utilize ball movement and your inside game and your 3-ball. If you all play smart and play hard you can beat Science Hill, remember they are just another team, but i know you all can do it, good luck. Go Cougars!!!!!! show Science Hill how the Cougars play ball

how did the db students mak the south students mad?

congratulations Sullivan Central you just received a ticket to get thumped by Science Hill. haha. you gonna get worked

Jaylo is that all you do get on here and talk trash about how good Science Hill is??? IF i remember correctly you were also running your mouth about how bad you were gonna beat Greeneville, and we all saw how that worked for you...I guess some people just never learn a leason.

Jaylo is that all you do get on here and talk trash about how good Science Hill is??? IF i remember correctly you were also running your mouth about how bad you were gonna beat Greeneville, and we all saw how that worked for you...I guess some people just never learn a leason.

If you have only beaten a team 2 out of the 12 times you've played…what exactly is the lesson that you are teaching here? “If you try long enough you might sneak in a win every once in a while” or maybe it’s “if you don’t succeed keep trying you’ll win one eventually”??! Tell us...what IS the lesson to be learned?

how did the db students mak the south students mad?

I think he's talking about the Go Home South chant at the beginning of the first overtime that got all of the South fans cheering and being much louder than they were previously.I even saw a South guy start one of those Central Cougars cheers.

Cap1 last year Wofford sent Phil and Gabe both letters,I'm not sure if they are still looking,I have heard Gabe wants to go to King though.Phil is not really sure from what I have heard.

Bring home a title on Friday Cougars :thumb:

I think he's talking about the Go Home South chant at the beginning of the first overtime that got all of the South fans cheering and being much louder than they were previously.I even saw a South guy start one of those Central Cougars cheers.

Cap1 last year Wofford sent Phil and Gabe both letters,I'm not sure if they are still looking,I have heard Gabe wants to go to King though.Phil is not really sure from what I have heard.

Bring home a title on Friday Cougars :thumb:

King is looking at Buchanan and Weatherford. From what i hear Berea, Anderson, Tusculum, maybe ETSU and i heard some talk of UT,i'm not sure about that one, i think talking about Gabe. I'm not sure about Wofford anymore.

and yes i was referring to the go home south chants, i was sitting near some south fans.