Sequatchie County thread

Bill#49

I was asked by people in Bledsoe to close those threads. Most mods will honor such requests when it comes from a respected poster from that county/school.

And I know John Boynton a little. I played against his son and have covered countless ball games his other son has coached. John is a good man. So I closed it.

Got a problem with that take it up with CoachT. He can revoke my mod status if I'm out of line just like he could with any other mod.

Have any of you emailed CoachT? Or are you all just trying to get it resolved here? I'll say again I cannot reopen a closed thread. Mods don't have that ability.

DL.

I agree with Volhead and several others.

IMO, This is not a very consistent method for the 21st century electronic media.

BTW, I will Email CoachT also, thanks.

Polecat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finished gripping about this. So MC-DAD who did you hear was going to be the new coach at Sequatchie? Come by the fieldhouse and lets talk. <_<

I hope none of my kids are in any of his classes today. If they are, I am sure they wont be coming home in a good mood. ;)

One more thing on the closing of the thread, If it was bothering the fine folks of Dunlap and the surrounding areas dont you think Indian would of shut it down. He is from the area and never complained. Now if you wont to close some threads, go and read some of the local baseball boards.

Sorry B....you're gonna have to do your homework on this one. I can't divulge any information beyond the hint that was given. I'm sure Bill, RoadWarrior, Volsbbfan and Possum know who I'm talking about.

i think the new coach will be one that is on the staff now....think Chad must really be happy where he is....and i hope he is......now he can hold out to come home someday.....and about the other thread being closed....Sequatchie should be proud that the thread was such a big it.....had every county in the valley talking about them....and not talking bad....so why close it....are we a little mad because were not talking Grundy Co. football? come on Del we all love the game of football and was bad mouthing no one...just speaking our minds......and having a good ole time.....

Sorry B....you're gonna have to do your homework on this one. I can't divulge any information beyond the hint that was given. I'm sure Bill, RoadWarrior, Volsbbfan and Possum know who I'm talking about.

Coach Turner who'd been with the Raiders is searching for a job. That qualifies for your color theory, but that's Oakland Raiders, not Cleveland Blue Raiders or Baylor Red Raiders, before anything gets started.

Not one person said anything negative or was bad-mouthing. I thought intelligent conversation was what this board was about.

Not so someone who has the power to shut down a thread just goes ahead and does it.

Why not go ahead and shut down all the others that are talking about a job being open.

It affected the process, and some of the talk only caused problems. Just because someone tells another person something doesn't mean it should be repeated to everyone else in the state-especially if it's not confirmed.

It affected the process, and some of the talk only caused problems. Just because someone tells another person something doesn't mean it should be repeated to everyone else in the state-especially if it's not confirmed.

it affects the process.............if the man that is hiring the new coach reads all of this and it affects who he hires.....well we have alot more pull than i thought....don't you think so bill? give me a break.....he's going to hire who he wants.....what we say don't mean crap.....Indain you know that....come on....you sound like Del now.....

Del was so fast to close the other thread I can't believe he hasn't voiced his opioion about us starting another one.

1. Well since I've spent 7.5 hours at the day job and then about 6.5 at the district tourney I don't have time to debate. Most of you are master debaters though and have it covered.

2. Can't close baseball threads. I'm not a mod on the baseball boards.

3. Wasn't upset that you weren't talking about Grundy. Just acting on what I thought was the best thing to do after talking to a few folks at SCHS Monday and Tuesday at the tourney. Still think it was the right thing to do, but wouldn't get my feelings hurt if the thread was reopened and wouldn't close it again no matter what was said. And I won't close this one no matter what's said. So have fun.

4. At least I told you all I closed the thread. It's not a requirement and many times mods don't say who did what they just do it. By telling you it gave you the opportunity to email CoachT and plead the case to get it reopened.

5. According to what I was directly told by "officials" the applications are in. The interviews are scheduled for Saturday. A decision will follow from there. Everything under the sun was said in the other thread and nothing followed what is in the first three lines before this one.

6. Good luck to the Indians in the process. There's some great kids down there and great staff.

Later. I have pictures to edit.

DL.

Uh...Sorry..... Actually the Raiders are Silver and Black....not Black and White. But, I'm sure Turner would make a pretty good HS coach.

My information came from a pretty reliable source. If it is wrong....then so be it. But, given the relationship between this particular candidate and the person doing the hiring, I'd say it was a better than 50/50 shot, regardless of how many "official" candidates there are.

I am sorry MC-DAD but I can't recall a team that is black and white that a potential head coach would come from. After the announcement I will probably say that I should have known but right now I am at a lost of who you are saying. It isn't from Ridgeland, Rome, Cannon Co., Lake Co., Franklin Co., or Bradley Central. All of these are the ones I would have voted for before your post. So you have stumped me completely.

Del I don't want to cause any hard feelings on this thread but we have a difference of opinion on what threads should and shouldn't be closed. You are the moderator but I think you should use a criteria that holds for every thread you shut down and not arbitrarily should some down and not others. Just my opinion though.

Like I said before, the interveiws are Sat. and the following Sat. The coaches getting in interviewed are, Tim Taylor, David Barger, Coby Holtcamp, B.J. Armstrong for starters. Bill Price pulled out, Coach Barger pulled out and the coach from Alabama Coach Adams is out. Their are about 4 or 5 more in the running, but I don't remember the names. So that's some of the info from Dunlap.

"I am sorry MC-DAD but I can't recall a team that is black and white that a potential head coach would come from. After the announcement I will probably say that I should have known but right now I am at a lost of who you are saying. It isn't from Ridgeland, Rome, Cannon Co., Lake Co., Franklin Co., or Bradley Central. All of these are the ones I would have voted for before your post. So you have stumped me completely"

Holtcamp is from Bradley-

Like I said before, the interveiws are Sat. and the following Sat. The coaches getting in interviewed are, Tim Taylor, David Barger , Coby Holtcamp, B.J. Armstrong for starters. Bill Price pulled out, Coach Barger pulled out and the coach from Alabama Coach Adams is out. Their are about 4 or 5 more in the running, but I don't remember the names. So that's some of the info from Dunlap.

Is this true wardawg2038?