Livingston Academy vs. Upperman

The General

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA wins big. Like I said there's not a team in the district that can stay within 20 pts of them when they play ball. No home court advantage for either team so that won't come into play.

LA has more weapons, more speed and the deepest bench than any team in the district and it's showing up when it counts the most.

Now having said all that they still have to go out and get the job done. Coach Melton IMO has done a great job of keeping the Cats focused. They are a team on a mission right now and are taking no prisoners.

TC of a little B Cats and roll into the region hungry. :angry:

What do you think of LA's chances in the region? Will 7AA finally get a team to the buro' this year? I know Hume-Fogg has a good team but outside of them i wonder if there will be anyone that can stay with LA. give me your thoughts on that. As far as the District 7AA championship, well its LA's to lose. Upperman won't go down without a fight but in the end LA will win by 10. :thumb:

What do you think of LA's chances in the region? Will 7AA finally get a team to the buro' this year? I know Hume-Fogg has a good team but outside of them i wonder if there will be anyone that can stay with LA. give me your thoughts on that. As far as the District 7AA championship, well its LA's to lose. Upperman won't go down without a fight but in the end LA will win by 10. :angry:

Hume Fogg, MLK, David Lipscomb moved out to another district. The four teams in their region are going to be Greenbrier, Station Camp vs 3 and 4 in 7AA and Goodpasture and White House vs 1 and 2 in 7AA, with the matchups yet to be determined. :thumb:

What do you think of LA's chances in the region? Will 7AA finally get a team to the buro' this year? I know Hume-Fogg has a good team but outside of them i wonder if there will be anyone that can stay with LA. give me your thoughts on that. As far as the District 7AA championship, well its LA's to lose. Upperman won't go down without a fight but in the end LA will win by 10. :thumb:

Hume Fogg does have a good team...but they are no longer in 8-AA. The top 4 teams in 8-AA are Goodpasture, Station Camp, White House and Greenbrier. Greenbrier (the 4 seed) upset top seeded Goodpasture (23-4) on Monday in the semis and will play Station Camp for the championship tonight. White House and Goodpasture will play for the 3rd and 4th seed in the region. All 4 of these 8-AA teams are pretty good.

LA will more than likely play a very solid White House team in the first round.

Hume Fogg does have a good team...but they are no longer in 8-AA. The top 4 teams in 8-AA are Goodpasture, Station Camp, White House and Greenbrier. Greenbrier (the 4 seed) upset top seeded Goodpasture (23-4) on Monday in the semis and will play Station Camp for the championship tonight. White House and Goodpasture will play for the 3rd and 4th seed in the region. All 4 of these 8-AA teams are pretty good.

LA will more than likely play a very solid White House team in the first round.

Ok didn't know that. I don't see any of these giving LA game outside of Goodpasture but it is tournament time and anything can happen! :thumb:

What do you think of LA's chances in the region? Will 7AA finally get a team to the buro' this year? I know Hume-Fogg has a good team but outside of them i wonder if there will be anyone that can stay with LA. give me your thoughts on that. As far as the District 7AA championship, well its LA's to lose. Upperman won't go down without a fight but in the end LA will win by 10. ;)

I think the Cats stand a good chance to reach the region finals and win with a chance at home to make the Boro. Any thing else and it will be hard to play on the road and win as you well know. I don't really know if they win or lose the region who they would play and I'm sure the Cats don't care as well. They will cross that bridge when they get there. Right now there focus is on Upperman and which it should be.

I'm not dissing Upperman or any other team in the district but I think the Cats are to much for them to handle. I mean you beat Macon by 40 some odd points you must be doing something right. After all the MVP plays on their team and they are a pretty good team just like Dekalb and Upperman are. And to beat those teams so easily speaks for it self.

8AA is pretty evenly matched top to bottom. And it will take a good effort by the Cats to win who ever they play. But I believe they have the right chemistry and are playing like there's no tomorrow. It will take that if we expect to win. But I believe in our team and coach to get us in position to advance to the state. Time will tell. Our defensive pressure will be key to get turnovers and turn them into easy baskets. And with a bench as strong as we have I'm sure coach Melton will use it accordingly. Top that off with one Wilson Cates as the leader and you have yourself one fine team.

Im sicking and tired of hearing that livingston is 15 or 20 points better than everybody else they are good but not 15 or 20 points better than everybody else! Upperman will give them all they wont take my word on that!!!

LA has had many games this year where they would build a big lead and then just coast to the win. After the snubbing they got in the awards voting, I don't think you are going to see this anymore. With the beating they put on Macon Co., they seem to be on a mission to prove themselves! GO BIG BLUE!!

Im sicking and tired of hearing that livingston is 15 or 20 points better than everybody else they are good but not 15 or 20 points better than everybody else! Upperman will give them all they wont take my word on that!!!

Well, I am not "sicking" and tired of it. The earlier post about them getting a lead and then coasting is true. It being post-season time and after what happened with the votes, if Coach Melton can beat you by 40, he is going to.

Edited by The General

LA don't have to stop anybody just play their game .They are 15-20 points better than anyone in the upper cumberland and their on a misson after getting shafted

in the all district,mvp and coach of year honors.I'm not from LA but that's the facts

15 to 20 points better!!! I hate to do this, but I just can't leave this one alone,so here it goes... Upperman lost by 3 once and 18 another time DeKalb lost by 3 once and 12 the second game. Are you dislexic??? Do the numbers 3, 12, or 18 look anything like 20. I know some of them are close but none of them are 20. And that's two teams from the weak 7-AA.