Best Linemen in 2-3A? From the past season

YouWantToBeLikeME

The question was best OL/DL in the region. The offensive line is a huge part of the team. The scored an average of 22.9 points a game against the following.

York Institute 46-29 beat a below average team

Gibbs 14-29 beat a below average team

Oliver Springs 25-28 lost to a below average team

Taft Youth 44-16 beat a below average team

Austin East 8-56 lost to a down team

Fulton 24-56 scored against the scrubbs

Livingston Aca 34-42 did pretty good, but most could score against LA

Kingston 14-56 lost to a Below average team

Anderson Co 0-21 lost to an average AC team

Knox Catholic 20-55 lost to a good team

Now what team did they dominate?

I am not at all trying to say they are not two good lineman, just not the best in region 2-3A.

I did not see anyone that even was an all region player for LA at line this year. That is only my opinion though.

we scored on fultons scrubbs i dont think so I believe Rogan and Smith went at it all night long cause Smith broke 1 long run against fultons Scrubbs for bout 20 yards and got tackled then they put htere first string back in and they still couldnet handle him. Lol im sry but Kingston was better than AC and Didnt OS make it to the 2nd round and get beat by loudon or alcoa if im not mistaken?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did not intend for this to turn into this, but sometimes the truth hurts. As for the Scott Co vs Fulton game can you remind me of the score. I guess Fultons line was a little better. Mr. Gregory, I am happy you are going to Campbellsville University, but what kind of money are they giving you. If you did not know, many schools like the one you will be attending are student loan friendly. If you still don't understand. You are paying them to play. If you will do me a favor and go to their website and see how many freshmen that are on the roster. I believe it is over 60. That is usually the sign of a school that will have twenty kids leaving school in a year with a twenty thousand dollar loan to repay. As good as I think you did this year, I just don't think you were the best. That was all I was saying. You and your posse were saying you were the best. I just gave my opion and some facts. Smith is a great athlete, and so is Rogan. Sometimes great lineman make good backs, and other times great backs make good lineman. I wish you the best at Campbellsville University. I know you will work hard.

Also to everyone that has seen LA play they did not stop many teams this year, but managed to outscore them. They did stop DL though.

Almost everyone knows my opinion of LA. Good team. Great Wilson.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

Also to everyone that has seen LA play they did not stop many teams this year, but managed to outscore them. They did stop DL though.

[/

quote]

To use and old saying by Don Shula......bend but don't break and that pretty much was how LA's def. played all year. I agree we didn't shut no body completely down but we gave Cates and Co. a chance and that's all you can ask from your def.

As I see it teams that were as explosive as Catholic - AE - and Fulton no body shut them down either.

Yes LA had a good team and yes Cates is one fine athlete. An athlete that comes along once every generation or so.

I know that great teams are great because some special people know there places. I was very proud of LA this year, and hope that I get proved wrong about saying earlier he is all they had. 10 other players did play with him and help him succeed on the field at all times. Gonna miss his excitement next year. Just wish I could have watched him longer.

I know that great teams are great because some special people know there places. I was very proud of LA this year, and hope that I get proved wrong about saying earlier he is all they had. 10 other players did play with him and help him succeed on the field at all times. Gonna miss his excitement next year. Just wish I could have watched him longer.

You know I seen him play quite a few games while he was at LA but you can't appreciate what kind of player he was until you see it on TV. And when the Cats played David Lipscomb that's exactly what I did. I wanted to hear and see what the announcers where saying about our team and about Cates. If you watched the game on tv you know what I'm talking about. Cates was all over the field. It has to be one of the best individual performances on any level in a championship game. And you add to the fact that Cates had a pretty good supporting cast around him and you can see why they won the state.

This year don't look for us to repeat that b/c in all probability it's not going to happen. But coach E has got the team heading in the right direction and within the next 3 years I wouldn't be surprised to see LA in that same position again. We have some real good talent coming on thanks to a youth program that has worked very hard to develop these young players.

Rocking Chair--I saw the game in person, but could honestly see how the announcers were going crazy about him. I saw him all over the field. I got to see him several other times as well. Just when you thought LA was down, Cates and Company did it again. Coach E did a great job, and I could honestly see them in the mix every year but next. It will be a better team now that this has happened. With the great support I saw this past year, good things will happen from hear on out. Good luck Wildcats

Matt,

I never said you were not good enough to be on the all region team. If you read the information before you post then you might understand where I am coming from. It said the best OL/DL in region 2-3A. I will say that you are an All region lineman, just not the best as you and your counterpart were saying. I also think that Smith would have done that well at any school he played for.

I think you will do well. I do wish you much luck at Campbellsville.

The question was best OL/DL in the region. The offensive line is a huge part of the team. The scored an average of 22.9 points a game against the following.

Austin East 8-56 lost to a down team

I wasn't here this year. Just in for a visit. I tried to follow the Roadrunners as much as possible in Washington state. Very proud for Graham's first year. I wasn't here but I heard they finish second in the region with a lot of inexperience. Also that the fourth place team won the state and had a micheal vick at QB. I heard they beat a state ranked 4A team Red Bank, Fulton, Anderson County, and the State Champions I just gather they are LA (academy-where they another private school.) I read this post and it said that AE was down this year. After they lost Athony McAllister, Albert Harris, QB Trevail Minnifield, WR #4 Kelvon Yancey, Tyrone Jackson, and Steven Soles. By the way how are those guys doing. Up here I read of Alcoa's receiver Lanxter on coach Willingham's want list. Last but not least congrats to Anthony Anderson, I think he will do well.

I wasn't here this year. Just in for a visit. I tried to follow the Roadrunners as much as possible in Washington state. Very proud for Graham's first year. I wasn't here but I heard they finish second in the region with a lot of inexperience. Also that the fourth place team won the state and had a micheal vick at QB. I heard they beat a state ranked 4A team Red Bank, Fulton, Anderson County, and the State Champions I just gather they are LA (academy-where they another private school.) I read this post and it said that AE was down this year. After they lost Athony McAllister, Albert Harris, QB Trevail Minnifield, WR #4 Kelvon Yancey, Tyrone Jackson, and Steven Soles. By the way how are those guys doing. Up here I read of Alcoa's receiver Lanxter on coach Willingham's want list. Last but not least congrats to Anthony Anderson, I think he will do well.

LA is not a private school! I think they were in the early 1900's and never changed their name after becoming public. AE would have won state if they could have got by LA and Catholic. Same for Fulton. The 4 top teams in state were from this region! Wade Ford, OL/DL from LA has signed to play at TTU so I would say he was one of top linemen in region.

Well I did not intend for this to turn into this, but sometimes the truth hurts. As for the Scott Co vs Fulton game can you remind me of the score. I guess Fultons line was a little better. Mr. Gregory, I am happy you are going to Campbellsville University, but what kind of money are they giving you. If you did not know, many schools like the one you will be attending are student loan friendly. If you still don't understand. You are paying them to play. If you will do me a favor and go to their website and see how many freshmen that are on the roster. I believe it is over 60. That is usually the sign of a school that will have twenty kids leaving school in a year with a twenty thousand dollar loan to repay. As good as I think you did this year, I just don't think you were the best. That was all I was saying. You and your posse were saying you were the best. I just gave my opion and some facts. Smith is a great athlete, and so is Rogan. Sometimes great lineman make good backs, and other times great backs make good lineman. I wish you the best at Campbellsville University. I know you will work hard.

Yea, im gettin a $15,400 dollar scholarship, but i will still owe about 6000 per year as of right now. Im not paying them to play they are actually paying me to play, and helping me to paying for my education. And the 20 kids ur talkin about, its more like 8. They only had 8 seniors this year. I really think ive got what it takes to start for them too.