Jackson County it is US Again

SulphurCityQueen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unfortunate that I have been down with the flu, however, I was fortunate to have been in Macon County to be able to listen to this basketball game on the radio. I spend my weeks in Murfreesboro working and in college and you can't pick up WLCT down there at all. Glad I was at home recuperating, got to hear an excellent game.

From the sounds of the radio, the low scoring was contributed by not many fouls being called and tough defense by both squads. Both teams battled it out but when they got into the second and third OT's, they became very fatigued. I think fatigue was one reason Coach Brown was trying to stall the basketball along with trying to slow down RBS's fast-paced game in the OT's. The Ross girl who had 23 points played outstanding. I think she scored 11 of their first 14 points. And you have got to give credit to the eighth grader, Laken, who scored 20 tonight. Her scoring for the tournament was 18-18-20. Not bad at all!

As far as the region goes, the second place team fares better when you look forward to making it to the sub-state. If I am not mistaken, Jackson Co. now has Trousdale Co. in the first round and the winner will face the winner of Clarkrange/Westmoreland. Red Boiling Springs will face Watertown, with the winner taking on Clay County/Gordonsville. I would like to see Jackson Co. and Red Boiling Springs battle it out again in the region finals to see who plays sub-state at home! But let's take it one game at a time and beat Watertown! Good luck to all of 7A!

Great game by both squads.... Great job to Kristen Ross and Kristi Apple! Laken showed why everyone talks about her... Rachel Painter hit a beautiful step back three to put it into overtime. Wish both teams the best.....

TNBBallman.... RBS is the one that tried to slow the game down all night... RBS switched to a 2-3 in overtime which allowed both teams to catch thier breath.... But I do hope you get over your cold or flu....

Great game by both squads.... Great job to Kristen Ross and Kristi Apple! Laken showed why everyone talks about her... Rachel Painter hit a beautiful step back three to put it into overtime. Wish both teams the best.....

TNBBallman.... RBS is the one that tried to slow the game down all night... RBS switched to a 2-3 in overtime which allowed both teams to catch thier breath.... But I do hope you get over your cold or flu....

Thanks LBJames for the insight...you just can't get the full effect of the game on the radio. I like listening to Ronnie and Teresa because they can be quite funny, but you just don't have the basketball expertise there. Hopefully I will be able to make it to a game within the next week or so. By the way, when someone gets the All Tournament list in please let me know.