Jackson County it is US Again

SulphurCityQueen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield[/url]fan' post='825955034' date='Feb 23 2006 - 09:51 AM']

How far is it to Jackson County? Or where is this game?

I'd almost make a trip to middle Tennessee to see this one.

Go east on I-40 to exit 280, 4 hr drive for ya, school is 3 miles from interstate

Region finals...I-40 east to exit 239 3.5 hr drive for ya.

Edited by 7Awatcher

Jim Brown hates to lose any kind of championship game, you can expect he will do anything in his power to have his girls in position to win.

RBS is playing good and I feel the stress of tonite's game already <_<

I do agree with that! I doubt very seriously that Jackson Co needs to "avoid" anybody!!!! They have the gold of recent years to back it up!!

Question, give a example of how you knew they were doing it. What did they do to throw the game? Did they foul alot, shoot too many threes, of what? Dont say names but do give details.

About 5, maybe 6, years ago, I watched a team who had played full court man-to-man pressure all year suddenly go to no full court pressure and falling back into a 2-3 zone. They had beaten the team they were playing twice by double-digits during the regular season with no trouble at all, but coincidently, they decided to go away from what had worked defensively. Their offensive game, which was mostly a transition game, changed into a slow and very patient offensive game, which they were still good at, but all other times that year, they had pushed the tempo. The girls didn't appear to care about whether or not they loss and the coach looked very uninterested as he just sat there on the bench, whereas he was usually up and very active in all the ballgames. Everyone in the bleachers on their side were talking about how they were going to throw the game. This game, however, was a Consolation Game, I don't know that I have ever witnessed a Championship Game that has been thrown.

Go east on I-40 to exit 280, 4 hr drive for ya, school is 3 miles from interstate

Region finals...I-40 east to exit 239 3.5 hr drive for ya.

The schools do have the option to move the game as it will be an ALL 7A finals. I don't look for district 8A to win a game. Couple that with the fact that Watertowns gym will not hold the amount of people that will be at this game and i think its a possibility we are back at Upperman for the finals. <_<

About 5, maybe 6, years ago, I watched a team who had played full court man-to-man pressure all year suddenly go to no full court pressure and falling back into a 2-3 zone. They had beaten the team they were playing twice by double-digits during the regular season with no trouble at all, but coincidently, they decided to go away from what had worked defensively. Their offensive game, which was mostly a transition game, changed into a slow and very patient offensive game, which they were still good at, but all other times that year, they had pushed the tempo. The girls didn't appear to care about whether or not they loss and the coach looked very uninterested as he just sat there on the bench, whereas he was usually up and very active in all the ballgames. Everyone in the bleachers on their side were talking about how they were going to throw the game. This game, however, was a Consolation Game, I don't know that I have ever witnessed a Championship Game that has been thrown.

Intentionally losing and losing are 2 different animals! The TSSAA is at fault if these things occur. The system has a flaw! Not sure there is an answer IF (which might not even ever happen) these things happen!

I do bet that if Clarkrange wins, they will be pulling like heck for RBS!!!!! <_<

Edited by WesCharge

The schools do have the option to move the game as it will be an ALL 7A finals. I don't look for district 8A to win a game. Couple that with the fact that Watertowns gym will not hold the amount of people that will be at this game and i think its a possibility we are back at Upperman for the finals. <_<

it should be moved!! watertown cannot hold the 7A fans. upperman barely can hold them

I really don't believe Coach Brown would ever throw a game. I know i get on here and joke about it alot but thats just me. The real reason i think that RBS will win is Jackson County has NEVER played good in Upperman's gym, NEVER! Look at every game they've played there and up until last night i'm not sure they've ever even won a game there. There is just something about that gym that our girls just don't seem to be able to hit the backboard consistently let alone make an outside shot. Couple that with the way RBS is playing and i believe RBS will win the tournament. <_<

Been there...done that... I even had an Outback Steak waiting on me!!! Good luck 7a...text me when you get a chance with the scoop on this 8th grader that is so good at RBS..

Laken Leanord is the real deal.

I think the Region format needs to be changed. The NFL uses the higest seeds left play the lowest seeds left, maybe that would help from the better districts having to play good teams from their own district again in the region semi-finals.

About 4 years ago I remember Jackson Co. having to play Livingston in the region semi-finals at David Lipscomb University. It was a 1 vs 3 matchup, and JC was state champs two years in a row and going for the 3rd and they got down big to LA in this game, thanks to Andrea Davidson JC didnt lose, but it sure was a close call. Upperman was the #2 seed and with 7AA winning all 4 games in the first round, only had to play Cannon Co to get to the region finals. JC did not throw the game that year to Upperman in the district finals, and they wont do it again. It all worked out for them then, so I have a feeling it will again.

JC beat Upperman at Upperman Marissa, Courtney and Naff's senior year, barely.

Edited by ECS