HERCULES?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah not quite. But Jed can definately power clean 225+. Corey Manson is also very strong. I saw him put up 225 twice on bench the other day.

what does bench press have to do with wrestling. When you bench in wrestling you are usually pinned. But if you wanna talk about bench Smyrna's Pher and Adam Dedmon bench 325 and Pher is 135 pounds. Adam is 145.

what does bench press have to do with wrestling. When you bench in wrestling you are usually pinned. But if you wanna talk about bench Smyrna's Pher and Adam Dedmon bench 325 and Pher is 135 pounds. Adam is 145.

Thanks ringworm. May I remind you that kind of strength help them to build to a base too.

By the responses that I'm getting, it's obvious that this topic makes many people uncomfortable. Rightly so. I won't say anymore, but I just want to make it very clear that ignoring issues did not help solve anything in MLB, and it won't in this sport either. It's totally the wrong attitude to take. It's clear that a lot of people in the wrestling community still need to open their eyes. And not that this is only a worry in HS wrestling, but also in other HS sports.

I've said what needs to be said, and I won't say anymore.

I have certainly never closed my eyes to any illegal perfomance enhancing substance. However, to make a blanket statement without any proof taints what those kids accomplished. Guilty by association. My son wrestles and plays football and it is something I keep a close eye on. It's not that the issue is being ignored, but it was an issue for another thread and should not have been raised here in my opinion.

I have certainly never closed my eyes to any illegal perfomance enhancing substance. However, to make a blanket statement without any proof taints what those kids accomplished. Guilty by association. My son wrestles and plays football and it is something I keep a close eye on. It's not that the issue is being ignored, but it was an issue for another thread and should not have been raised here in my opinion.

We all have our opinions, that's the beauty of the thing.

Good for you for keeping an eye out for your son and knowing that stuff is out there.

nooooo.... steroids bad! surely the wrestlers' parents would not fund it, and if not, how would they find the means? i know it is tough for many parents to pay for warmups and travel costs.... and an investment like steroids is a life threatening one

Boys, if you want holes in your heart go ahead.

And Hussein and Reveiz look pretty tough. If Justin Knox was still in hs, my vote would go to him hands down.

Reveiz, he holds a few wgt lifting records at the school.

I know that Frankie Morgan has broke the 300 mark on bench but i dont know how much exactly but my vote would have to go to him

I am not saying this so do not attack me but-

I heard a few fans at state saying Frankie Morgan looked like he shot up.

Of course I do not know what that looks like.

Has he always been pumped up like that?

You obviously don't know Frankie Morgan. This guy would not eat hamburgers or fried foods. He will not drink cokes. He eats healthy, nutritional foods. No fast food for this guy. He works out every day. He leaves a Saturday tournament and goes to the gym. His workout would make most guys puke. He is a hard core, but he believes in taking care of his body. I seriously doubt that he would put anything bad into his body as fanatical as he is. Plus, the guy hates needles. Please don't spread rumors.

If a guy works his tail off and gives it his all, everyone assumes he has to be using something. What happened to believeing in oneself and working hard? Can someone not succeed without being accused of doing something illegal?

I am not saying this so do not attack me but-

I heard a few fans at state saying Frankie Morgan looked like he shot up.

Of course I do not know what that looks like.

Has he always been pumped up like that?

We are not talking about pro athletes. These are high school kids. Do you have any idea of the backlash this kid, or any kid for that matter, could receive when their name gets mentioned with sterroids, especially based on what was overheard in the stands? Please remember we are talking about kids with their lives ahead of them. I feel it is very distasteful to mention this in general let alone adding a name to the allegations. For the record, I have no idea who you are talking about and I have no allegiance with whatever school he attends.

frankie is one of my good friends and for you to say that he takes steroids is bogus. frankie is not the type of kid who would just take the easy way out, he is one of the hardest working kids i have ever met. he doesnt go out with his friends and spend his money going to the movies, he saves his money to buy whey protein so he can train his butt off so that he can excell in his one true passion, wrestling. and now that he finally gets to enjoy all the hard work that he put into this sport, with a state championship, he is being accused of "shooting up". that is terrible. i guess frankie shold just stop working hard and dominating people so he doesnt get accused of cheating. he cant help it he is a genetic freak. next time you make accusations maybe you should have some proof.

We are not talking about pro athletes. These are high school kids. Do you have any idea of the backlash this kid, or any kid for that matter, could receive when their name gets mentioned with sterroids, especially based on what was overheard in the stands? Please remember we are talking about kids with their lives ahead of them. I feel it is very distasteful to mention this in general let alone adding a name to the allegations. For the record, I have no idea who you are talking about and I have no allegiance with whatever school he attends.

Absolutely agreed. Talking about an issue as it applies to the sport and high school populace in general is totally different than mentioning any names.

The issue itself is something that shouldn't be ignored/avoided, but if it can't be discussed here without specific kids being mentioned, then I would agree with others that the discussion should end here.

Since this has happened, I am going to ask a moderator to end this thread, or at least this particular discussion.