Region 5AA Tournament @ Giles County

Uknow

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To follow up on the officiating I saw last night in the quarter-finals, the officials are from the North Central Association which covers Cookeville, Murfreesboro, etc. area. The 1st crew was very good in the Loretto game and kept things under control. The 2nd crew was a "let 'em play" mentality which resulted in a lot rough, physical play which favored Lipscomb over Page. A team sometimes must adjust their play to how the officials are calling and Page couldn't. Good luck to the teams remaining.

hunt4, FRA is a decent team. Page played them very early in the seaon and lost 36-48. Their starters at that time were: #23 Natilie Murphy, #30 Jacquelyn Chenger, #34 Natalie Keene, #40 Kathleen Strawn, and #42 Emily Canady. They are a balanced team with a good inside game of Chenger and Canady. Murphy and Strawn both hit threes. They rebound well as Canady had 10 followed by Chenger and Strawn with 6 each. Lewis will have to play a good game to win.

Pageman, Have you heard anything about FRA. Just tryin to find out some info before I make the journey tonight. I would have to definatly say that if Lewis County can play like they did in 3 of the 4 qtrs against Loretto than Lewis should have a good chance of getting a win.

FRA can be a very good team---they beat Lipscomb by almost 20 mid- year. They have also looked terrible at times as Lipscomb beat them by almost 20 in the District. The entire year has been a question of which team will show up. They shouldn't be taken lightly because when they do play good they can compete with most teams. They returrn 5 of the top 6 players from last years Regional winning team.

Edited by Vanman011

Pretty sure David Lipscomb embarassed Page last night 68-38. DL's coach put the freshmen in w/ almost 4 minutes to go - something he usually waits to do until the very end (he's wising up a little eh). I was a little scared in the 1st when Page came out firing from 3 - knocking down what seemed like everything. Then, DL finally started applying hard pressure and it was all downhill for Page.

And I'm not so sure that David Lipscomb beating Ezell was an "upset". Remember that they split earlier in the season (DL beating them soundly by about 20 at home and the Ezell pulling away at the end at their place). Granted, Ezell is a very good team - as is FRA. FRA has the talent, but from what I've seen, they don't really decide to use it until they are down by 10 or so in the 4th quarter (that's what they've done to DL this year).

GO LADY MUSTANGS ... DL ... not Loretto

Pretty sure David Lipscomb embarassed Page last night 68-38. DL's coach put the freshmen in w/ almost 4 minutes to go - something he usually waits to do until the very end (he's wising up a little eh). I was a little scared in the 1st when Page came out firing from 3 - knocking down what seemed like everything. Then, DL finally started applying hard pressure and it was all downhill for Page.

And I'm not so sure that David Lipscomb beating Ezell was an "upset". Remember that they split earlier in the season (DL beating them soundly by about 20 at home and the Ezell pulling away at the end at their place). Granted, Ezell is a very good team - as is FRA. FRA has the talent, but from what I've seen, they don't really decide to use it until they are down by 10 or so in the 4th quarter (that's what they've done to DL this year).

GO LADY MUSTANGS ... DL ... not Loretto

How do you see this region stacking up against McNairy and Harpeth in the sub-state?

What do you mean they couldn't play with William Blount? They beat them by 21.

Exactly Diesel, everyone said that ezell could not play with william blount but they were wrong. I believe that I was right about Marshall game as well.

I also understand that the Coach from Ezell was sick last night and that one player who played was recovering from the flu and the 1st player off the bench, the lefty Davis did not even make the trip last night because she has the flu. So Ezell has their work cut out for them.

Edited by shpshter93