Rockwood V.S Cosby ? predictions

TheDuke2411

I just want to add this comment. I seen the Cosby coach physically grab one of the players by his ams with both hands and shake him pretty hard is this common place at Cosby? Just curious. :huh:

I noticed that, too. It's the first time that I have ever seen Coach Coggins grab a player. I agree with PT, that it was more of a "shake it off" thing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to add this comment. I seen the Cosby coach physically grab one of the players by his ams with both hands and shake him pretty hard is this common place at Cosby? Just curious. :huh:

That was the first time I've ever seen him get real fired up at all. I agree with PT sportswriter it was more of a shake it off and calm down thing than a buttchewin but I didn't see anything wrong with it at all. BUT , it wasn't my kid.

I think Cosby first went man with about 2-3 minutes left in the first quarter and played the entire second quarter in man-to-man. They came back out in the zone in the third quarter and I don't think they went man again until Gilmore hit a three to make it 50-44 with 7:14 left. I thought Cosby played better defensively in the man because it forced them to be much more aggressive. I think they play the zone simply to save energy because they're not that deep. If they meet again on Friday I imagine they'll come out in the 2-3 again, but they will make some adjustments to account for Gilmore. I think Rockwood's biggest key would be to establish Hackler in the post. He didn't get many shots inside of 10 feet and he seemed to be shooting a lot of 15-foot jumpers from the baseline or the elbow. He's still effective there, but I'd like to see him get the ball a little deeper.

I think Cosby first went man with about 2-3 minutes left in the first quarter and played the entire second quarter in man-to-man. They came back out in the zone in the third quarter and I don't think they went man again until Gilmore hit a three to make it 50-44 with 7:14 left. I thought Cosby played better defensively in the man because it forced them to be much more aggressive. I think they play the zone simply to save energy because they're not that deep. If they meet again on Friday I imagine they'll come out in the 2-3 again, but they will make some adjustments to account for Gilmore. I think Rockwood's biggest key would be to establish Hackler in the post. He didn't get many shots inside of 10 feet and he seemed to be shooting a lot of 15-foot jumpers from the baseline or the elbow. He's still effective there, but I'd like to see him get the ball a little deeper.

Save energy and fouls.

They went man in a few games early in the year and Manning, Jenkins and Blakely all wound up getting two fouls early on.

Thus, they've went zone all year.

The real reason Cosby went zone? gee, lets see. We held Rockwood in the dirty' thirtys' TWICE this year playing that packed in 2-3 zone. It was effective both times so why change it? Gilmore got hot so we had to reconsider our defense. rockwood has gotten 2 times better since they came to cosby. Their only losses have came to the hands of some good teams. we could very easily see them again. good luck to them.

jody lowe i have to say you were the man and still are the man. 15 carrer interseptions as a 3 year starter on the gridiorn, and a smothering defensive player on the court. i give my gameball to you son. your a turn around player. no disrespect to the rest of the team but Jody Loweknows how to " FLIP THE SWITCH" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up guys and keep yout eyes on the prize with focus on every opponent standing in your way one at a time.. good thing happen to those who sacrifice, and are willing to give what it takes no matter what that may be. "WORK.... WINS"

coach shelton

The real reason Cosby went zone? gee, lets see. We held Rockwood in the dirty' thirtys' TWICE this year playing that packed in 2-3 zone. It was effective both times so why change it? Gilmore got hot so we had to reconsider our defense. rockwood has gotten 2 times better since they came to cosby. Their only losses have came to the hands of some good teams. we could very easily see them again. good luck to them.

Well all i can say is if you get down to another team 18-3 i doubt that team will let you stay in a 2/3 zone. They would just hold the ball up at the top of the key and take an easy win. Just a thought! :thumb: