Rockwood V.S Cosby ? predictions

TheDuke2411

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rockwood had a couple chances at the end of the game but could not take advantage of them and had 2 costly turnovers in the last 20 seconds.

cosby 61

rockwood 58

final

cosby will have to play better than that against os or wartburg. both teams played real sloppy. the way they played tonight, they are not a contender inside of the top 10 and will not make it to the state. definately not #1.

rockwood had a couple chances at the end of the game but could not take advantage of them and had 2 costly turnovers in the last 20 seconds.

cosby 61

rockwood 58

final

cosby will have to play better than that against os or wartburg. both teams played real sloppy. the way they played tonight, they are not a contender inside of the top 10 and will not make it to the state. definately not #1.

True -- Cosby did not have a good night, but hey everyone has an off night every now and then. I hope they got their bad game out of their system. Don't count Cosby out just because they didn't win by 25 tonight.

Wartburg really came out to play last night. They kept the game under control and ended up winning by about 18. If Wartburg plays like they did last night I think they could keep their tourny lives alive. Congrats to Cosby on their win and Congrats Rockwood for keepin it close. I seen a couple people from both teams at the Wartburg OS game last night.

This was the best game I've seen all year. Rockwood really came to play tonight and established themselves as a contender to beat Cosby. There are some great players on both of those teams and I can't wait for the rematch next Saturday night. That will be the one that counts. Congrats to all the all-tourney players and Gilmore... I don't see how he wasn't on the all-tourney team after nailing 5 threes in the game.

I think the biggest key to this game was the defensive play for Jody Lowe.

He was inserted into the game, and he gave his team a spark. Then Timmy Blakely sat the final 3-4 mins of the third quarter with three fouls, but Matthew McGaha came in and gave some intensity to the team.

Bigger is the fact that Cosby had one close game all year, now they got one and proved (even proved me) that they could win a close game when it counted.

It was a sloppy game for Rockwood, they had 23 turnovers. Cosby had only 12 (6 in the fourth quarter) - and 3 of those were offensive fouls, so I wouldnt say they played sloppily.

Instead, I'd say that Rockwood got off to the best possible start they could have (7 of 9) while Cosby got off to the worst start possible (0 for their first 8 from the field - mostly all of those were high-percentage shots inside the three-point line).

Individual Cosby Point Totals are:

Blakely 20

Rone 15

Manning 14

Jenkins 8

McGaha 4

Cosby shot a total of 21 of 50 from the field (42%), after starting 0 for 8. 14 of 18 from the free-throw line (77.7%) and 5 of 20 from three-point range (25%).

The Eagles pulled down 23 rebounds.

Rockwood shot a total of 23 of 46 (50%) after beginning 7 of 9 (77%). They shot 7 of 14 from the line (50%) and 5 of 12 from three-point range (41.6%).

Rockwood had 27 rebounds on the night.

I would say Rockwood will have another shot at Cosby I think they will meet again in the finals of the regionals. But this time I think the outcome will be different nothing against Cosby I believe they are 1 of the best teams out there this year but it is hard to beat a team 3 times in a year. :D

I thought they done did?

62-34

63-37

61-58