JCM's Tavious Hogsett

juicyt

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825993919' date='Mar 18 2006 - 08:13 PM']

Hogsett is better than Daniel Brooks and better than Patrick Willis was in high school. The kid can flat out go get em. Plus he has a "wants to knock your head off" attitude on the field. Donald may be just as good, but no way he is better.

Brooks and Willis are two ridiculous high school linebackers. I've seen Hogsett play, and I saw Brooks and Willis play as well. I will say that Hogsett hits like a truck, but I'm not so sure that he possessed the athleticism that the other two guys brought. I know Brooks didn't pan out as planned at UT, but he was a BAD linebacker in high school.......Just about all the recruiting services had him ranked as at least a top 3 middle linebacker in the nation. I thought JCM had the best group of linebackers in the state that year, when Anthony Echols was a sophomore, Adam November was a junior, and Brooks was a senior. That was a great team. Hope everything goes well for Hogsett and that he excels at the next level.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Hogsett but I did watch Patrick and its hard to believe someone is better than he was...that boy was a beast on both sides of the ball....Ole Miss got the steal of a lifetime when they got him without having to fight for him.

Ive seen both and Hogsett is a good player, but Willis was a better player in highschool. Willis is the only player in this state to ever be nomiated for Mr.Football on both sides of the ball. I'm not taking anything away from Tavious, because he is a great player. When your name is thrown around with Brooks, Willis and Wilson you are in good company. I dont think Fulmer has offered Hogsett yet, thats why Donald gets all the pub. Donald is the talk of volquest.com, but Fulmer will offer Hogsett. I'm sure he cant pull up at the airport in a yellow H2 like he did with Brooks, but he'll come up with somthing. When you talk about elite LBs Donald and Wilson just remind me of each other. I played agianst Wilson 3 years in a row, and Donald reminds me more of him than Brooks and Hogsett do.

Ive seen both and Hogsett is a good player, but Willis was a better player in highschool. Willis is the only player in this state to ever be nomiated for Mr.Football on both sides of the ball. I'm not taking anything away from Tavious, because he is a great player. When your name is thrown around with Brooks, Willis and Wilson you are in good company. I dont think Fulmer has offered Hogsett yet, thats why Donald gets all the pub. Donald is the talk of volquest.com, but Fulmer will offer Hogsett. I'm sure he cant pull up at the airport in a yellow H2 like he did with Brooks, but he'll come up with somthing. When you talk about elite LBs Donald and Wilson just remind me of each other. I played agianst Wilson 3 years in a row, and Donald reminds me more of him than Brooks and Hogsett do.

It's my understanding that Chavous pulled up in the Yellow Hummer, not Fulmer. Hogsett may not be as athletic as Donald but his mean streak runs a lot deeper. And....he will not pull a Daniel Brooks.

Man somebody's hitting the hateraid a little to hard.

Dont hate because Memphis has no chance at either 1.

I dont think its fair to compare this 2 guys to Wilson or Willis. Wilson is an all-pro and Willis is all-sec thats some big expectations. But I dont think you'll lose by having either 1 on your team. Both are great ball players. You could pick 1 and give me the other and I'll could still argue I had the best LB in the the state. Personally, I hope both end up in Orange.