LAKE COUNTY VS. UNION CITY

bballchamps

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcons are STILL FLYING HIGH!! :lol: And the Whitby Magic is all around Peabody High School in Trenton.. The Falcons own this town this week , BUT < LOOK OUT!! Mr.Basketball finalist Weddle and the Tornadoes are Storming into town.. Siscos and intense defense will be in full force :lol:

Who makes the first 30 foot shot?? Inquiring minds want to know ..

Falcons by seven , Leather jackets and rolled up towells ALL Around :lol:

The Falcons are STILL FLYING HIGH!! :lol: And the Whitby Magic is all around Peabody High School in Trenton.. The Falcons own this town this week , BUT < LOOK OUT!! Mr.Basketball finalist Weddle and the Tornadoes are Storming into town.. Siscos and intense defense will be in full force :lol:

Who makes the first 30 foot shot?? Inquiring minds want to know ..

Falcons by seven , Leather jackets and rolled up towells ALL Around :lol:

Tony Tyler makes the first 30-footer. :) LC wins this one.

I really can't make a prediction on this game. I hope LC wins, but it is going to be a war! When both these teams played in regular season, it was never really a ballgame, because players were out both times when we played each other. During the first match, Justin Clay got into trouble and didn't play and UC won. That was all our boys were talking about that night and that was all that was on their minds. We played horrible that game. The next match Union City was without four of their players and LC won. I know there are no excuses about why either team lost on these nights. We both had to play with what we had and go on. Now it's the real deal and we will just see who the best is Monday night! I know that you better get there early unless you want to be standing, because it's going to be packed on all sides. LC and UC will bring a big crowd as well as Humboldt and Halls. This will be one of the best nights of basketball you will see anywhere. Best of luck to the Falcons!

All things being even,and both playing at the top of their game,I say Union City would win...But,we don't always get the hyped up game we want...We usually get one team bowing under the intense pressure of a loser leave town match.....We also get a coach that wants to over-coach and stop doing things he did in the regular season or get his players so tensed up before the game they play tight..Sound familiar???..Jim Whitby has been in this very situation many times before...Shane??...He hasn't..Will it make a difference??..Probably so....If Marty was THE coach and Shane the ASSISTANT..I would pick Union City in a heartbeat,but I'm afraid I'm leaning more toward redbirdfan on this and Lake County coming out with a win....But,if I was a Lake County fan I know I would be squirming a little bit...Union City is a solid club,with a DANGEROUS player in Marquis Weddle that could take over the game by himself....It's nice to be on a 20 something game winning streak,but Union City has lost recently and sometimes that helps a team focus more....You always hear people say,"maybe it's better to lose a game before going on to the tournament."..Well whoever loses this one won't have to worry about a next game or The 'Boro....Until Shane proves he can win the "big one" he will not be picked to win these types of games...Picking with my head and not my heart,I'm going to say Lake County in a close one that will come down to a pressurized coaching decision in the end...Like I said earlier,Whitby's been here,Shane has not....

All things being even,and both playing at the top of their game,I say Union City would win...But,we don't always get the hyped up game we want...We usually get one team bowing under the intense pressure of a loser leave town match.....We also get a coach that wants to over-coach and stop doing things he did in the regular season or get his players so tensed up before the game they play tight..Sound familiar???..Jim Whitby has been in this very situation many times before...Shane??...He hasn't..Will it make a difference??..Probably so....If Marty was THE coach and Shane the ASSISTANT..I would pick Union City in a heartbeat,but I'm afraid I'm leaning more toward redbirdfan on this and Lake County coming out with a win....But,if I was a Lake County fan I know I would be squirming a little bit...Union City is a solid club,with a DANGEROUS player in Marquis Weddle that could take over the game by himself....It's nice to be on a 20 something game winning streak,but Union City has lost recently and sometimes that helps a team focus more....You always hear people say,"maybe it's better to lose a game before going on to the tournament."..Well whoever loses this one won't have to worry about a next game or The 'Boro....Until Shane proves he can win the "big one" he will not be picked to win these types of games...Picking with my head and not my heart,I'm going to say Lake County in a close one that will come down to a pressurized coaching decision in the end...Like I said earlier,Whitby's been here,Shane has not....

I'm almost certain Lake Co. fans are squirming just a little as are the fans from UC. Both want this game really bad and both are capable of winning it. Weddle will get his points because he is a great player. The Falcons have to defend the others, shoot well, and be willing to battle for the boards. If they do, Lake co. in a close one.

The Falcons may be playing better defense at this point than UC .. Weddle is the type of kid that can take over a game by himself.. that's why he's a Finalist for the Mr.Basketball award.. If LC can contain the sharp shooting Weddle and the Whitby magic is in the Peabody gym, than LC can get set to host a sub-state game in T"VILLE!! :huh:

Green @ Gold , time to step it UP !! :D