region 4AAA

mjuhb

The Lawrence/Siegel game will be hard to call. All of this talk about Siegel being favored is really contrary to what has been projected before. Little Siegel has no experience in such things and doesn't know even how to play one of these games. It limped thru the district tournament, overachieving and really got slammed by Riverdale sharpshooting their way thru the title. Cookeville really is the team that is impressive with two 6'3" jumpers even though one is a freshman. Coach Odem always has her team ready and subs running in off the bench, you wonder why they aren't starting. White County has got all of these high profile AAU girls who seem to play all year round every year and play out of East Tennessee and you wonder where or if it is going to stop and then here is little Siegel, haven't even been to a regional tournament before and everything is as new as newfallen snow and here comes big Lawrence County to town bringing i am sure some 400/500 fans and all of the tradition and glitz. It will be I am sure very overwhelming but Siegel will try to muster some strength and use the best of these skinny little players to make a game of it. Siegel by 8, you must be flying in the clouds. Even on good days, Siegel a two point win is called a morale booster but Siegel will try. They see what kind of players Lawrence has when Hudgins showed up at Riverdale and is making her mark. Got this Soccer maven doing scouting and projections over here in this area which is un nerving at the best and scareing our little soccer girls. As my friend KWright so aptly put it, this isn't going to be easy. Siegel is just happy to be at this place at this time but shuttering at the thought of the waves of 8AAA teams stacked in its bracket and having the awsome task of maybe having to find the Franklin County Gym if they are lucky enough to win. Have a safe trip.

Bless little ol Siegel's Heart! :thumb: Ok really, enough of the Lou Holtz! We all Siegel is a pretty darn good ball club. And LAwrence Co won't bring 400-500 people. Way to much turmoil in the program right now. They will probably bring 100 folks?? But they will play the same style as Siegel. Try to keep the game in the 40's. It should be a good game. If Siegel wins, I look forward to see how they match up

with Shelbyville. I really think with the style of ball Siegel plays, they could beat Shelbyville. But you have to beat Lawrence Co first. Stop Bennett. She is tough to defend. Stop her, you win the game!

Good luck to you!

Edited by Shootmore

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless little ol Siegel's Heart! :D Ok really, enough of the Lou Holtz! We all Siegel is a pretty darn good ball club. And LAwrence Co won't bring 400-500 people. Way to much turmoil in the program right now. They will probably bring 100 folks?? But they will play the same style as Siegel. Try to keep the game in the 40's. It should be a good game. If Siegel wins, I look forward to see how they match up

with Shelbyville. I really think with the style of ball Siegel plays, they could beat Shelbyville. But you have to beat Lawrence Co first. Stop Bennett. She is tough to defend. Stop her, you win the game!

Good luck to you!

And Shelbyville has to beat Cookeville first. :(

I wouldn't call it nervous, but both teams were ready to play, maybe too ready. The officials did a good job but the game was intense and both teams had to adjust to the way the game was being played and RD did a better job. That, I can assure you, will not happen again. Young team, great effort, good learning experience.

They were nervous.....Riverdale jumped up 10-1 and the Siegel girls were trying to tell each other to calm down.....and shootmore...funny comment about ole Lou hah

Bless little ol Siegel's Heart! :lol: Ok really, enough of the Lou Holtz! We all Siegel is a pretty darn good ball club. And LAwrence Co won't bring 400-500 people. Way to much turmoil in the program right now. They will probably bring 100 folks?? But they will play the same style as Siegel. Try to keep the game in the 40's. It should be a good game. If Siegel wins, I look forward to see how they match up

Good luck to you!

uh-oh, You mean siegel has to defend also? And against someone like a Jana Cross 5'10'' giant? We don't need to worry about anyone else but The Big L and its giants and having to play defense. That's more than two things which is the greatest worry. Have a good trip.

Who are Columbias best players? Might go to Columbia tomorrow.

have u not heard of the mvp of 8aaa Alex Ross a sharp shooter from the arc. and deandrea bullock tht will hurt yall in any round of the game. Columbia and Shelbyville will be in finals and Columbia girls want Shelbyville again so bad tht they cant stand it and i say tht Columbia will beat Shelbyville by 8 they had them down 9 and let them come back in win in the last few minutes of the game Columbia is very good team do not take them lightly im tellin u they will surprise u in a hurry.

After last year, I'm really interested in what the coach at Cookeville has in store for Shelbyville, they only lost to Columbia by 7 and that wasn't till the last minute. The Cookeville coach usually has something up her sleeve. I don't necessarily expect them to win but it will be interesting.

white Co and Columbia have a history but it was too long ago for most to remember I think as long as Columbia doesn't flatten out after an emotional game with Shelbyville that they win this one.

I think Riverdale probably beats Coffee Co.

I also think The Wildkitties from Lawrence Co sneaks up on siegel also. Time wll tell and there ain't much time left.