Region 5-AAA Tournament

Midstate

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to bash entirely on springfield, but im sure you guys have a great team, but compared to District 9 i just dont think you guys can match up. Dont be surprised for a first round k.o. Mt. Juliet is a good team. Now one more thing...

I think its like this, the winner of beech dickson co. goes onto play hville and clarksville.

And winner of Springfield Mt. Juliet plays Henry Co. Lavergne??? Can anybody confirm that?

Should be a great week of b-ball.

I would hope this would be a good tournament. The last couple of years the Dist 10 teams have struggling in most games. Springfield is playing their best basketball of the season at the right time. Their biggest problems this year have come against teams that play a more disciplined style of ball. Springfield wants to see the game a little wide open and up tempo. HCHS seems to be peaking also, but they can have turnover problems from time to time. Clarksville may be the team to watch, they may feel like they have something to prove after disappointment in tournament. DCHS will have a tough 1st game. Beech and Hendersonville look awfully tough to beat but it is tounament time and upsets have a way of showing up.

I would hope this would be a good tournament. The last couple of years the Dist 10 teams have struggling in most games. Springfield is playing their best basketball of the season at the right time. Their biggest problems this year have come against teams that play a more disciplined style of ball. Springfield wants to see the game a little wide open and up tempo. HCHS seems to be peaking also, but they can have turnover problems from time to time. Clarksville may be the team to watch, they may feel like they have something to prove after disappointment in tournament. DCHS will have a tough 1st game. Beech and Hendersonville look awfully tough to beat but it is tounament time and upsets have a way of showing up.

I agree, those are really good points. Being a 10-AAA supporter, I've been really embarrassed that we've been swept the last 3 years. I think 9-AAA has some outstanding coaches and its shown during thier district tournament. Consiering Lavergne had a chance to beat a really good Hendersonville team Thursday night.

I dont think 9 will sweep this year but if they do I think every game would have went down the wire. Clarksville and Springfield seem to have the best shot of winning their games, that sounds crazy considering Clarksville has a really good Hendersonville team thats beat them 24 first game of the season. Dickson Co will probably give Beech trouble because they can play in low scoring games and shoot the ball well from outside. They have a big guy inside who could cause trouble for them in that 1-3-1..The main things lets just hope for a good tournament.

Driving Directions to Clarksville High (from Nashville) ...

1. Take I-24 WEST toward CLARKSVILLE - go 33.8 mi

2. Take exit #11 - CLARKSVILLE/ADAMS - go 0.4 mi

3. Turn left on TN-76 WEST - go 3.3 mi

4. Turn right on MADISON ST [uS-41A] - go 0.4 mi

5. Turn right on RICHVIEW RD [TN-374] - go 0.2 mi

6. Arrive at 151 RICHVIEW RD, CLARKSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, on the right

Monday - February 27th, 2006

4:00 Girls: #4 Henry County vs. #1 Wilson Central

5:30 Boys : #4 Dickson County vs. #1 Beech

7:00 Girls : #1 Dickson County vs. #4 Beech

8:30 Boys : #1 Springfield vs. #4 Mt. Juliet