Seriously.....why does Science Hill's star flop?

cyclonehomer

Omar is a very good player, no doubt.

But what is the point of the constant flopping? Does Cutlip teach it?

Think about it. It's like saying, "I'm not good enough to beat the other team unless I trick the referee into thinking I was fouled."

Omar is not the only one who does it.

But if he really is a D1, is the high school flopping really necessary?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it. It's like saying, "I'm not good enough to beat the other team unless I trick the referee into thinking I was fouled."

That is very true. Why does a player as good as Omar need to do all the flopping? Every time he shoots a three he falls down. Of course this is also the new thing in college and NBA too. I am a Duke fan but JJ Redick is the king of it.

I also wonder if it is being teached cause the skinny freshman for SH does it as well. The refs seem to be looking past it though cause it didn't get called once last night.

That is very true. Why does a player as good as Omar need to do all the flopping? Every time he shoots a three he falls down. Of course this is also the new thing in college and NBA too. I am a Duke fan but JJ Redick is the king of it.

I also wonder if it is being teached cause the skinny freshman for SH does it as well. The refs seem to be looking past it though cause it didn't get called once last night.

I noticed all the flopping too, but didn't other Toppers besides Wattad do it also? I know in hockey you can be penalized for faking a penalty, what about hoops?

Its not a penalty but its should be. But then how would the refs know if a player really got fouled or if he is faking it.

I saw a team play earlier this year & they flopped everytime the opponent caught inside. Well I knew one of of the players so I asked him what the deal was & he told me his coach taught them & would have them practice taking fake charges.

To me this is as bad as recruiting or breaking any rule. This is teaching kids to cheat & to me this horrible. Plus its really dangerous, with 4 or 5 players going for a rebound & then you got a guy who flopped on a charge laying in the lane. I think if a player flopped & was laying in the lane & someone fell over him & I was the ref, I'd call an intension foul.

Flopping is a pure science - if your dad is coach it multiplies your chances of going to the line also and addiing anywhere from 5 ro 10 points to your scoring totals ...............

I have some pies to give away, anyone interested??????????

Maybe there should be a penalty for starting stupid threads. :unsure:

Waco, why do you even get on here? All your remarks make it seem like you are too good to be posting on here, yet you have over 2000 posts. I am sure you are going to have some comeback where you say something like you want to see what all use idiots put on here but guess what? You are the same as everyone else. At least people like JayLo1 and Greeneville fans are committed to their teams. You are only a DB fan on here when it is convenient.

Edited by brock20

Siegel[/url]_Nation' post='825960044' date='Feb 26 2006 - 01:30 AM']

in soccer if you "take a dive" to draw a foul its a yellow card

If the refs suspect a flop then they should call a foul on the flopper and warn the coach that the next time it will be a T. It is dangerous and needs to be stopped. SH is not the only team that teaches it and it needs to end NOW.

Waco, why do you even get on here? All your remarks make it seem like you are too good to be posting on here, yet you have over 2000 posts. I am sure you are going to have some comeback where you say something like you want to see what all use idiots put on here but guess what? You are the same as everyone else. At least people like JayLo1 and Greeneville fans are committed to their teams. You are only a DB fan on here when it is convenient.

It is just to easy to flip your switch. <_<