• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 greenfieldfan

2 westtn basketball

???????

Did gleason scrimage westview? Yes

Does it matter now or even after the season started? No

Why they do not play in the regular season is probalbly for more than one reason. First off the have to play 18 regular season district games because some brilliant people at TSSAA put together a 10 team district. Secondly some of the non district games are played against teams that boys are not going up against the top level A class teams in the state. While you may agrue that 7a is the best girls single a district in the state, there is no doubt that is district is the toughest boys Class a in the state. Gleason plays in the westview thanksgiving classic every year so ask them why they don't play then.

Based on what I have seen from their coach and from their middle school while also taking into account the upcoming players for other District 14A schools, Greenfield will be making more then just 1 State Tournament appearance over the next few years. Next year's group is one of the top freshmen classes in all of Tennessee (believe me I've seen alot of good middle school teams). They will not have as long of a run as Bradford (ok maybe the Bradford comparison was a little much) did, but they will make many trips to the State Tournament over the 4-5 years. They could possibly win a gold ball depending on how much better they improve, but with Jackson County boasting Ferris over the next 4 years, they will be very tough to beat and, therefore, I do see Greenfield at least finishing with 1 or 2 silver balls. However, this all depends on how much those girls improve and the classes that come in after them.

Greenfield will be losing alot over the next 2 years. As a matter of fact everyone in that district will be except Bradford. THey will return every starter and bench player for the next 2 years. They are a team that might develop into something. Bradford also can handle the young kids coming up from Greenfield. Greenfield will be good but this is their best year to make it to state.