Lake County vs Gleason

sbl0702

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is lake co. that good?

Lake Co has talent..They start two sophomores and a freshman a lot of the times..Lake Co's trouble in a lot of their losses have been turnovers because a lot of the times they haven't been able to handle a good press,especially Gleason's..Lake Co has also beaten Greenfield twice this year and Split with Union City,both who have been ranked in the top ten..So..they are capable as long as Chelsea Geanes,a speedster and the one player on the team that can dribble through a press until she gets double-teamed..They also have a big girl,6'1 Christian Clay,that if she comes to play can make Lake Co pretty tough..Lake Co has about a 25-7 record and blew leads of about 10 points in three of those games in the last quarter..So..they are a good team..

Congrats to L.C. for the great victory. Lake County in the district game and as well as tonight had Kayla Hudson's number. Both games, I think, were her season low in points. Lake County put pressure on the ball and Gleason would have gotten blown out if Gleason's senior guard Meagan Price had not stepped up and played some of her best basketball. I believe it was one of her best games of the season. She finished with 26 of her team's 46 points (unofficial). Also, it looked like she broke her finger in the 3rd quarter and refused to leave the game.

The turning point in the game was where L.C.'s Geanes went down. Lake County's legs were getting tired and the injury gave them time to rest. Also late in the games, Coach Johnson for Lake County argued over a call for 5 minutes and it came at a time when Lake County players showed signs of being tired. Regardless if both incidences were planned or unplanned, it gave Lake County players time to catch their breath.

Gleason will miss all of its seniors: Amber Wiseman, Meagan Price, Tiffany Felts, and April Edenfield. Good luck to all of them in the future. If there are more seniors on the team that I outlooked, please forgive me.

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!

Edited by palmersville