Siegel/Lawrence Co.

PHargis

Not mistaken by any facts. this is the tournament.... throw the stats out. Lawrence Co is capable Mind you I said capabable of playing defense with anybody in the state. I wasn't belittling the capabilities of Siegel. I saw them both play in Columbia's Thanksgiving tournament and from that, ....if Lawrenceburg plays up to their capability on defense....They win. They are faster..... and a bit more athletic also. But hey the winner gets Shelbyville so knock yourself out!

BanjoDr

It was good seeing you at the game Friday night. Thought y'all had a W but it slipped away :lol: Wish you the best in the regional.

I like the way we match up with the Stars, so I agree, we should get the win if we do indeed play the D. If we don't play D then it's a short post season for us. As bad as we have been whipped by Shelbyville so many times, I don't know why I am saying this, but I sure would like one more shot at them. Well, that's assuming we do something different on the defensive side :lol:

HOOPS TO YA and GO 8AAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kw

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KW good to see you also. You couldn't tell I was nervous could you? Of all the 1st round matchups I like yours the best from a potential "good game" standpoint. Granted all teams have to show up but you guys and siegel are close. I don't think the system has anything for Riverdale and as long as the stars aren't misaligned, I think we take care of White Co and Shelbyville wins in what may be a sqeaker early on. Last year, the Cookeville coach had our number. We won only on last minute athleticisim when they fianally had to start fouling. Actually it was a game bout like Columbia/Lawrence Co at your place this year but we fianally got the lead and kept it. Good luck and hoops right back atcha

Not mistaken by any facts. this is the tournament.... throw the stats out. Lawrence Co is capable Mind you I said capabable of playing defense with anybody in the state. I wasn't belittling the capabilities of Siegel. I saw them both play in Columbia's Thanksgiving tournament and from that, ....if Lawrenceburg plays up to their capability on defense....They win. They are faster..... and a bit more athletic also. But hey the winner gets Shelbyville so knock yourself out!

I am sure we appreciate all of the posts and I agree with most of this one but stats have some purpose.....but.... this IS a tournament. L is well known for playing defense and has to have a well rounded team and bench to have gotten this par. I'm afraid Siegel only has 9 players but has also has had players and a bench. Thank goodness, the team you saw in Columbia is not this team at heis point. I think, Siegel would like to play Riverdale again and that might be some motivation. Not that they are overlooking L or S because they are more than great teams but the emotional loss Friday night is one that has to be redeemed. L may play taller, may be a little faster but more athletic I would doubt but every one of those things are subjective and are in the eyes of the beholder. Getting to Shelbyville has never been an important factor. One factor you hven't mentioned could come in to play. Siegel has a young team, very young, but a great tactician and coach in Coach Bush, great Focus because a team doesn't get this far without it and as with L, and with good execution. Young teams make mistakes sometimes.

We have discovered that L is a team we could play if the coaches agree since Siegel has a great Christmas Tournament and would be flattered to have the tradition of L playing. It is a first class school that likes great performance.

Games are played to decide all of the above. You are right, all of this mean nothing but is an opportunity to showcase great kids from great families who support those great kids. Siegel looks forward for the visit and will play you hard. But at the end as close as this game will be, will compliment you for your play and will try to find the Franklin County Gym that seems to be so hard to find and find our way eventually to make up for the district finals loss.

have a safe trip.

KW good to see you also. You couldn't tell I was nervous could you? Of all the 1st round matchups I like yours the best from a potential "good game" standpoint. Granted all teams have to show up but you guys and siegel are close. I don't think the system has anything for Riverdale and as long as the stars aren't misaligned, I think we take care of White Co and Shelbyville wins in what may be a sqeaker early on. Last year, the Cookeville coach had our number. We won only on last minute athleticisim when they fianally had to start fouling. Actually it was a game bout like Columbia/Lawrence Co at your place this year but we fianally got the lead and kept it. Good luck and hoops right back atcha

Thanks for the update on LC, Banjo. I really don't know anything about them. Alex Muckle played AAU with my daughter one year, several years ago, but outside her, I admit I am clueless.

As far as finding Frankin Co's gym wouldn't it be better for M'boro fans just to come down 24 toward Chattanooga and take the Winchester Pelham exit? Then west into Winchester and right at the Chevy dealer? I may be way off but hey that sounds like it would work. Got a call from school,,,,,White Co is on the way! T minus 5hrs. Go Lady Lions!

I am sure we appreciate all of the posts and I agree with most of this one but stats have some purpose.....but.... this IS a tournament. L is well known for playing defense and has to have a well rounded team and bench to have gotten this par. I'm afraid Siegel only has 9 players but has also has had players and a bench. Thank goodness, the team you saw in Columbia is not this team at heis point. I think, Siegel would like to play Riverdale again and that might be some motivation. Not that they are overlooking L or S because they are more than great teams but the emotional loss Friday night is one that has to be redeemed. L may play taller, may be a little faster but more athletic I would doubt but every one of those things are subjective and are in the eyes of the beholder. Getting to Shelbyville has never been an important factor. One factor you hven't mentioned could come in to play. Siegel has a young team, very young, but a great tactician and coach in Coach Bush, great Focus because a team doesn't get this far without it and as with L, and with good execution. Young teams make mistakes sometimes.

We have discovered that L is a team we could play if the coaches agree since Siegel has a great Christmas Tournament and would be flattered to have the tradition of L playing. It is a first class school that likes great performance.

Games are played to decide all of the above. You are right, all of this mean nothing but is an opportunity to showcase great kids from great families who support those great kids. Siegel looks forward for the visit and will play you hard. But at the end as close as this game will be, will compliment you for your play and will try to find the Franklin County Gym that seems to be so hard to find and find our way eventually to make up for the district finals loss.

have a safe trip.

We are expecting a GREAT team from Siegel. You have reason to be proud and we would expect nothing less. When this game is over, I expect both teams will know they have been in a fight. I don't however expect us to be taller, faster or more athletic than the Stars. We are 7 deep at best so you will also have the bench as a plus. Guts??? I will believe another team has more guts than ours when I see it :(

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR TEAM!!!

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!

kw

I haven't seen Siegel play all year but have seen LC in every game except the GA tourny. LC has more heart and plays with more passion than any other team I have ever seen.They never give up on any play or any game.Lawrence County really wants another shot at Shelbyville for pounding them in there prior meetings.After the game, I think Lawrence County goes home a winner..by 7