Vince Young Reportedly Bombs Wonderlic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reese and Fisher need to make a splash in the first round this year, they have had some lack-luster picks the past few years!!!

Well I agree the Titans need a playmaker but selecting Vince Young could spell a disaster worse than the Pacman episode last year. Read this opinion article on Vince Young and thought it brought up some valid points, check it out.

Young Not Ready For Primetime

Guest dare_2_dream

Reese and Fisher need to make a splash in the first round this year, they have had some lack-luster picks the past few years!!!

but pacman is just what we needed :lol:

Well I agree the Titans need a playmaker but selecting Vince Young could spell a disaster worse than the Pacman episode last year. Read this opinion article on Vince Young and thought it brought up some valid points, check it out.

Young Not Ready For Primetime

No need to worry, with Brees signing the Saints, Leinart may fall to the Titans unless the Saints trade that pick to someone needing a QB!! :thumb:

Guest dare_2_dream

im so tired of everyone doubting vince young he will be a star and he is the best qb coming out of the draft this year....just doubt him and see how your mind changes in a few years

ill take jay cutler over him anyday. vince's throwing motion is just not going to get it done in the nfl.

im so tired of everyone doubting vince young he will be a star and he is the best qb coming out of the draft this year....just doubt him and see how your mind changes in a few years

I guess that is why NFL scouts are considering playing Young at WR once he gets into the league. I don't hear that about Matt or Jay. VY is a project to be a QB in the NFL.

ive seen college competitions where vince young blew the competition out with his arm alone....the kid is accurate and has a cannon....so what if its "unorthodox"...he will get things done....of course you could put him at wide reciever hes tall and fast...but that would be a 30million dollar mistake...you dont just waste an arm like that

Guest dare_2_dream

ive seen college competitions where vince young blew the competition out with his arm alone....the kid is accurate and has a cannon....so what if its "unorthodox"...he will get things done....of course you could put him at wide reciever hes tall and fast...but that would be a 30million dollar mistake...you dont just waste an arm like that

well dont get it twisted, if they run a "hitch" and "go" ... vince will be the man for the job :D

And my prediction of Leniert being a Cowboy finally has some legs!!!

I wish, but I dont see that happening! Parcells will not be in Dallas to much longer and he wants to win now, not wait for a young QB to develope! Leinart will be a Titan unless some other team makes a strong offer for that 2 spot!! :thumb:

According to ESPN, the "real" Wonderlick scores have been released. Vince didn't get a 6, or a 16.. He got a 15. BTW, Dan Marino got a 14. Fitzgerald from Harvard (last year I believe) got a 40- the all-time high.

Lowest score this year for a QB was Marcus Vick at 11.

Lowest score ever for a QB was Jeff George with a 10.

You can debate the merits of this measuring stick all you want, but you have to believe that an NFL GM drafting a franchise QB, would feel a little uneasy with an "improved" score of a 15. That kind of score, for the Titan's offense, might prove a red flag.

Also, at his pro-day yesterday, Vince Young posted anywhere from a 4.5-4.6 in the forty. That is good for a man his size playing QB, but he won't outrun linebackers or many defensive ends in the NFL. Let's stop the talk about the next Michael Vick. Vick is an entirely a different class speed-wise. Of the next Steve Young, who ran a 4.4 in the forty. Young is a better than average speed guy for a QB, faster than Cutler at 4.7, but still not someone who will blow by people.

His one on one workouts with the Titans will tell them everything they need to know.