Vince Young Reportedly Bombs Wonderlic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young will not throw at the combine; he will wait for the Texas pro day in a few weeks.

Part of the problem I've heard is that his neophyte agent, family friend Major Adams, was unaware that the test was to be given. (D'oh?) Consequently, Young did not take any pretests or study for the exam.

I think the score is at least an indicator of ability to grasp complex situations under a pressure situation. It is used, as are many other tests, in industry all of the time. They have their role.

Can any assumptins be made, for example in the case of Pac Man Jones, who rolled out a 13? You be the judge.

Who studies for a common sense test? Wonderlic has been giving at the combine for years. Vince knew it was coming and he blew it. Excuses only please those that make them. Yeah Marino didn't score great on it but his score was more than double Young's. You have to have a QB that can make quick decisions and apparently Vince isn't the greatest at doing it on paper. This shouldn't be the deciding factor on him but should play an important role.

Vince, from what I've seen, just looks as long as his line will let him, then make a play with his arm or legs. The legs keeps him from thinking. I don't personally believe he is dumb. I do believe he has not had to use his brain because he is such a blessed athlete and a true man amongst men when playing in college. His brain will have to be a full tilt in pro ball. I would expect him to be held back a couple of years as pro before he is full time at the helm. I imagine he would be brought in to help make plays when the team is struggling. His athleticism is too great to leave on the sidelines. Teams won't be able to understand his tendencies his first few times on the field and he should do well, UNTIL they figure him out. Then, it all changes. Vince will have to be a true student of the game to become the full package.

The question is not if he's able to do it, but if he's Willing to do it! :thumb:

Miami and Detroit are the two teams I keep hearing talk about Cutler! Miami would have to trade up and Detroit might would have to! :thumb:

All this talk about Young blowing his test and his ratings dropping are nothing but talk. This guy is the goods. He wins. He knows how to carry a team to a win. However, at this time, I'm convinced the Titans are posturing themselves to pickup Cutler. Signing McNair to a one year deal with options of cutting McNair at any time means Young is still on the list but it's far more appealing to bring Cutler in and use Volek if they have to. These two guys are very similar.

All this talk about Young blowing his test and his ratings dropping are nothing but talk. This guy is the goods. He wins. He knows how to carry a team to a win. However, at this time, I'm convinced the Titans are posturing themselves to pickup Cutler. Signing McNair to a one year deal with options of cutting McNair at any time means Young is still on the list but it's far more appealing to bring Cutler in and use Volek if they have to. These two guys are very similar.

Tutans won't get Cutler.