Region 2 a

knight2

Great games set for Wednesday night

OZ VS Oneida should be a great game I believe that Oneida might have the lady bobcat's # again. It will be a great game both of these 2 teams had good year and only 1 will be able to face either Coalfield or Greenbach.

Greenbach vs Coalfield should be a great game also with each winning on their home courts. I believe that if Coalfield comes in hot and not wait until the 2nd half to start playing they should win this game.

All 4 of these teams had a great year and witch ever teams win should be able to make it through to the state :thumb:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this thread would start, just didn't think this fast. lol. i think this will be an awesome game! It is a shame that both of these teams cannot advance and get a chance to go to state but they have had an awesome year! I do think however the OZ Lady Cats will be ready to play. I have to go with my lady Cats on this one (imagine that).

I believe OZ will be the victim in this matchup, Oneida is playing on their home floor and beat OZ on their own home court. Oneida now knows that they can beat them, and tonite Oneida was the only team that we expected to win that actually played ball at a high level. Coalfield,OZ, and Greenback all didn't play well even though we knew that they were the favorite. Oneida will win the region over Coalfield.

Wednesday's matchups will indeed be a pair of great ones. The Oliver Springs/Oneida matchup should be a lot of fun. If Oneida plays as they played tonight against Cosby, they can put themselves in a position to win. But it'll take a great effort, and a couple of ladies will need to step up and knock down some shots from the perimeter.

I didn't necessarily think that Coalfield/Greenback would be that great of a matchup, but after watching Greenback tonight, I believe it will be. The Lady 'Kees have definitely improved since I saw them last. Oakdale simply didn't have an answer for Greenback's interior defense. Coalfield struggled a little with Harriman. Of course, Harriman deserves credit for a spirited effort, but if the Lady 'Jackets play Wednesday night as they did tonight, Greenback might find itself in Thursday's championship game. I really think, though, that this game belongs to Coalfield. Simply too many weapons. . .

This will be a great game. A defensive battle all trhe way to the end. But I give the edge to Oz. I say OZ by 23. Christopher will have 30+.

Great year for the Indians though. Most were perdicting Oneida to maybe win 10 games overall, so I say they really had a great year.

What hotel is most OZ fans staying at in Mboro?

:thumb: Faith1, in my opinion, is the funniest comedy act East of the Mississippi. Only ten games, huh? Surely the girls could function well enough to win 11 or 12. ;) Then again, the cupboard is bare up here. I have tremendous respect for Oliver Springs, they have replaced one good coach with another, and their players give a generous effort every time out. Oneida has played hot and cold this year, but they have closed into that mode again. Last night was, without question, a superb effort by the girls. They took Cosby completely out of their comfort zone with an intense defensive effort. I even thought Cosby would present a tougher roadblock than they did, but it was obvious from the start this one was in the books much earlier than expected.

Which leaves us with Oz and O! Hide the kids! Feed the dog, and get a seat while you can. I would say there will be a full house to see which of these two teams is left standing. I'm gonna watch the conversation for a while, to gauge what everyone is thinking.

B) Kaz :thumb:

Last night the girls played great and once again Cosby's true colors came out.

I strongly feel that Oneida can win Wed. nights game against OS but I think it will be decided by no more than 5 points.

We are going to have to be on from the outside and play agressive D.

Good Luck girls, play hard, and remember the road to the boro' runs through Oneida.

Oh yeah......Faith+1 is an idiot.

Last night the girls played great and once again Cosby's true colors came out.

I strongly feel that Oneida can win Wed. nights game against OS but I think it will be decided by no more than 5 points.

We are going to have to be on from the outside and play agressive D.

Good Luck girls, play hard, and remember the road to the boro' runs through Oneida.

Oh yeah......Faith+1 is an idiot.

Unfortunately - as you said - the Cosby girls showed their rear ends at the end of the game on Monday.

However, dont expect the same from the boys team tonight and the rest of the postseason.

Unfortunately - as you said - the Cosby girls showed their rear ends at the end of the game on Monday.

However, dont expect the same from the boys team tonight and the rest of the postseason.

Boys, and especially Timmy Blakely are class acts. They play like they are supposed to and keep their mouths shut.

However, some of their fans can get a little wild. :unsure:

The Oneida Student Section got under the skin of a player, that appears to be somewhat of a head case, and when she crossed center court she launched a basketball "missile" at the students. She got "T"d up. I think the other players were kind of perplexed :lol: about where her mind was after that. At any rate, I've seen far worse harassing of players before and it was surprising to see this player react like she did. They need to take their example from the boys team which seems to be, shut up and play the game!

:unsure: Kaz :thumb: