DB Indians

ArtVandalay

Velocity is sooooo overated.. Location is 5 times more important. I dont know why everyone judges a pitcher on how hard they throw. Some of the best pitchers I have ever faced cannot break 85

i completely agree with that. take craig cobb for an example. he could barely throw 80 mph as a righty and doesn't get a run earned on him all season. ive caught him in a 60 pitch bullpen once, the guy hit the exact spot my glove was at 55 times. that will get hitters out all the time. so what if you can throw 95, bats will eventually catch up it if you cant locate, unless of course you have a filthy changeup

Edited by vandycomms2006

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Indians and Crockett play today? Post score and highlights if you can. Starting Pitcher? Can't wait to see the Indians in person on Saturday at Sullivan North and then on Monday for the Home Opener against the Hill Toppers.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Art,

D-B and Crockett played yesterday afternoon. The final score was 5 to 4. Bo Burton was the winning pitcher, Wesley Jones pitched the final 1 2/3 innings and got the save. Hitting with men on base was still a problem. Crockett pitched a transfer from Oklahoma who did a pretty good job. They brought in a relief pitcher in about the 5 th who also did a good job. Crockett scored 3 runs in the 6th to come back and make it a nailbiter. I believe it was D-B's 1200 win in baseball from what Coach Ritz said on the pre-game talk show with Tom Taylor. The sixth inning was a little shaky for us. Started off with a bloop single that was misjudged, a throwing error, a walk and a couple of strange plays on suicide squeezes. Two of the outs we got in the sixth were catching the runner from third on suicide squeeze plays. It was just good to come out of there with a win.

• 4 weeks later...

Art, You missed a few players. Seniors: Lance Brewer, Sam Merritt, Anthony Huerth,(Sam McCord isn't playing) Juniors: Lucas Henderson, Tyler Joyce, Ryan Hammonds, Darrin Trent, Easton Ring.

Daniel Kilgore isn't playing, Will Henry didn't play last year, I think Logan Williamson will be out after Basketball season ends.

South Doyle won the scrimmage 4 to 1. All of the runs scored in the first inning.

So far this year the pitching has been pretty decent. They have about 8 pitchers they can throw out there that will do a very good job.

It should be a pretty good year for D-B baseball.

thank you at least some one besides me is givin lance some credit! my god he just as heck needs it, i wish that he would get more playin time i think that he has more than earn it, i think that it is bull sugar that a coach would play favorites at the high school level

I believe it was SOXFAN who started the bashing by bashing coach Ritz. TeePee guy just shot back. DB does not think they can't be beat or that they will win state. But you would sure like to make them appear that way.

Interesting. Click on SOXFAN's name, then click on "profile options", then click on "find member's posts" Amazing, every single post SOXFAN has ever made was on a DB thread dogging DB. He even dogged a North fan that stood up for Ritz. So he lives for dogging DB. Wow. To much spare time for you. Maybe some anger managment can help :thumb: I think this would make you at least the 20th or so person that has been exposed for doing that.

Edited by bud

I believe it was SOXFAN who started the bashing by bashing coach Ritz. TeePee guy just shot back. DB does not think they can't be beat or that they will win state. But you would sure like to make them appear that way.

Interesting. Click on SOXFAN's name, then click on "profile options", then click on "find member's posts" Amazing, every single post SOXFAN has ever made was on a DB thread dogging DB. He even dogged a North fan that stood up for Ritz. So he lives for dogging DB. Wow. To much spare time for you. Maybe some anger managment can help :lol: I think this would make you at least the 20th or so person that has been exposed for doing that.

bud - my late papa would call it 'trying to pull you down to their level'...

Two greatest compliments (or sincerest forms of flattery) ? 1) Plagariasm 2) Attacks Must be doing something right to be copied or be recognized well enough to be important enough for someone else's time and effort :lol:

Edited by davidlimbaugh