cosby cakewalk to the state

csjdlhsmjh

which side of the state has won state four of the last 5 years... not west

Who won it last year?? :P As a matter of fact , both teams in the finals were from WEST TN :) Probably the same case will happen this season.. and there are WAY more teams East of the TN River than in West TN, so you kids should have ample opportunities to win state titles. Here in the WEST, we have actual Major Division College prospects (Kemp @ Chism from Bolivar who are going to Memphis @ UT ) and Vanardo from Haywood Co.(going to Mississippi State to play with the Delk twins who played at Jackson Northside last year, also from West TN)

You kids be represented in the BORO in a couple of weeks, and I'll give ya props! Much love to East TN folks, don't get upset, just stating facts people, Just the facts ma'am :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 1A basketball in that part of the state is a joke anyway B)

It's funny how all the West TN people have to continually get on these boards and boast how good they are. I think they are trying to convince themselves. You know like if you say it enough it will become a reality.

I don't see East or Middle TN teams having to get on here and constantly say they are better than West TN teams, but then again actions speak louder than words.

Check the records from the last 10 years and see how many A champions West TN has produced.

Dont count ur chickens before they hatch boys... what cosby has got to realize is yea they are a state championship team but it just takes one game where they aren't hitting from outside and they will take it to the house... if they aren't hitting it could be bad news for the eagles soaring... i'd like to see them do well but its bound to happen one night. State is a diff. gym than most are used to so idk if they will be able to shoot as well as normal... and plus they dont have the coaching... granted they have done well this season but in crunch time the only thing they can hope for is some luck... I hate to say it but coach flatford will be the blame of them not winning state... if they had him the job would get done but they dont... he is one of the best in E. Tn.. and will have carter doing well in no time. The blame shouldn't go to him but everyone will say once they get beat if flatford was here.. we would have won... good luck eagles....

Dont count ur chickens before they hatch boys... what cosby has got to realize is yea they are a state championship team but it just takes one game where they aren't hitting from outside and they will take it to the house... if they aren't hitting it could be bad news for the eagles soaring... i'd like to see them do well but its bound to happen one night. State is a diff. gym than most are used to so idk if they will be able to shoot as well as normal... and plus they dont have the coaching... granted they have done well this season but in crunch time the only thing they can hope for is some luck... I hate to say it but coach flatford will be the blame of them not winning state... if they had him the job would get done but they dont... he is one of the best in E. Tn.. and will have carter doing well in no time. The blame shouldn't go to him but everyone will say once they get beat if flatford was here.. we would have won... good luck eagles....

Coggins is a pretty good coach. I bet he picked Flatford's brain pretty well.

I bet he still is picking away as a matter of fact.

Cosby still has to win and play the games.

They have three tough ones (Harriman, Wartburg/Rockwood, and Hampton/Cloudland) before they can get there.

r u kiddin me. hampton or cloudland. ha. harriman ha. if they win or lose to wartburg of rockwood they still make it to the state. the two i thought might could stop them from getting to the state are already put out.(Unaka and University High) there is no way in the world you can compare flatford with coach coggins. as i said before,

CAKEWALK

I wouldnt count your chickens before they hatch because Hampton and Cloudland arnt bad ball teams. Actually they are very good ball teams. Hampton is on a roll, they have alot of senior leadership and they go very deep in their bench. Cloudland on the other hand is just peaking at the right time and are very dangerous if they can slow you down into a half court offense. They got Unaka out of their game doing this. They also have a very good post player. Good luck to Cosby in substate.

I wouldnt count your chickens before they hatch because Hampton and Cloudland arnt bad ball teams. Actually they are very good ball teams. Hampton is on a roll, they have alot of senior leadership and they go very deep in their bench. Cloudland on the other hand is just peaking at the right time and are very dangerous if they can slow you down into a half court offense. They got Unaka out of their game doing this. They also have a very good post player. Good luck to Cosby in substate.

Thanks, and we are not counting our chickens befor they hatch. We know that the competition is tough. we just want to play hard and give it our best shot. I think the teams in East and Middle respect each other, unlike the West TN teams who think their teams are superior to the rest of the state.

Hardly a cakewalk....

If Cosby can't get out of this funk they have been in since tournament play began then they could be in trouble. If not it will get interesting. Teams still left in the sweet 16 are there for two reasons, hard work and determination. Cosby needs to build on both of those right now and increase their intensity. Last time I checked, You do still have to play the game and no one other than Rockwood is more determined to defeat the Cosby Eagles than Wartburg will be come Friday night. Both teams won in lackluster fashion Thursday with neither team playing well. Hats off to both Harriman and Rockwood for making great games in the semi's. Harriman is definately the most improved team from their district this year.

Hampton could possibly have a chance to beat Cosby. Hampton has beaten at the time the 4th ranked AA team in the state in Unicoi County. They lost by just 7 to now 26-6 Clay County earlier in the year. They have beaten Unaka who just lost to Cosby by 5 a couple of weeks ago. It depends on which Hampton team shows up, they tend to be in my opinion, inconsistent. Although they would probably play the game at Cosby it will be tuff to beat them on Cosby's home floor, so who knows.