Bolivar at lipscomb

pain train

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This a very different contrast in styles of basketball. Lipscomb likes to control the clock and make games go to their pace. Boliver loves to get out and run, and they just play basketball. I don't think this game is going to be a walk for Boliver. No games at this stage are...I think if Lipscomb can control the clock, and the pace of the game, they have a good shot.

This a very different contrast in styles of basketball. Lipscomb likes to control the clock and make games go to their pace. ...I think if Lipscomb can control the clock, and the pace of the game, they have a good shot.

They sound kinda like MLK and Doc Shelton.

Aren't they the ones we've played the last couple of years that ran that slow ball type of game? I thought it was MLK. Could be wrong though.

Bolivar is going to win by 20. David Lipscomb hasn't even played no one good this year. Willie Kemp is going to take over the game very early and make sure his team makes it to the boro.

<_< I understand that Bolivar is a very strong team, but Lipscomb has played some good teams this year. They had a big win over Harding Academy as well as wins over a very strong MLK. Lipscomb does use the clock at times but this year's line up is more able to run and they have the stamina and bench to keep up a very fast pace. I look forward to this game and hope both teams play well. It's a tough call because if Lipscomb's shooters are on it is very difficult to stop them, but if Bolivar has good inside play Lipscomb could have trouble with it. This is the state tournament, none of the games are suppose to be easy.

<_< I understand that Bolivar is a very strong team, but Lipscomb has played some good teams this year. They had a big win over Harding Academy as well as wins over a very strong MLK. Lipscomb does use the clock at times but this year's line up is more able to run and they have the stamina and bench to keep up a very fast pace. I look forward to this game and hope both teams play well. It's a tough call because if Lipscomb's shooters are on it is very difficult to stop them, but if Bolivar has good inside play Lipscomb could have trouble with it. This is the state tournament, none of the games are suppose to be easy.

Don't count your chickens just yet, Mom.

Do not underestimate David Lipscomb's basketball program. This game is going to be much better then what people are believing it to be. Boliviar has a good, soild team and an excellent player in Kemp. However, it takes more then one individual player to win a game. Expect more then a cake walk because if that is all that you are thinking is going to happen, then Bolivar is in for a long night. Good luck to both teams. It will be a good, close game and may the best team win.

They sound kinda like MLK and Doc Shelton.

Aren't they the ones we've played the last couple of years that ran that slow ball type of game? I thought it was MLK. Could be wrong though.

The thing about MLK is that they can play both types. If they are playing a team like Bolivar who likes to run and gun - they'll slow it down. If they are playing a team like DL - they will speed it up and run and gun. DL controlled the pace of the game against MLK Wednesday night until the very end when MLK sped it up big time.

DL can win this game, they just have to play their style of basketball and not let Bolivar play their style .. easier said than done of course.

It's going to be packed though and hopefully DL will have a good student section to back up the guys.

GO MUSTANGS

Bolivar wins. It will be harder than they think. (by 13)

However, Bolivar loses in first round at Murfreesboro to Mitchell.

Bolivar will play a good game against Lipscomb and an excellent game against Mitchell all they need is to keep Chism healthy and if Kemp gets hot in the beginning Bolivar will win by 10. :thumb: