UNION CITY -VS- MIDDLETON

M-Town Baller

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not making excuses. This could be Kentucky, you know, and all of us could be in the same district with Dyersburg, Dyer Co., Central, Westview, etc. Nowhere in my post did I say, "Well, if they weren't a former AA team, we wouldn't have lost." If you'll read some of my posts from earlier in the season, I made the statement that whoever we play, we've just got to put our best five against their best five and take care of business. We didn't do that last Monday night.

I'm pulling against Union City because I always pull against Union City, in every sport, no matter who they're playing, always, always, always. They are to me what Alabama is to Tennessee. They have the absolute most arrogant, cocky fans of anyone we play, and we just flat don't like them. Not to mention a certain sports editor from a certain daily paper in that particular town who treats LC like a red-headed stepchild.

It is a bit disheartening to know that in both basketball and football, teams that played in a higher classification last year finished 1-2 in the region. But we are not using it as an excuse. Heck, we'd still rather play UC, Humboldt and McKenzie than USJ (better known as the West Tennessee All-Stars). It doesn't mean we like it, but there's nothing we can do about it. LC did beat Humboldt 3 times, beat UC once, and was awful, awful close to beating McKenzie in football. The Falcons just couldn't get it done when it counted, just like last year.

If you will read my post more closely, you will find that I was talking more about the collective ego of Union City and Middleton, and not the fact that UC was a former AA school. I mentioned that ONLY in the context that their former status would be the deciding factor if I had to choose one team or the other in tonight's game. Like I said, I don't like either of them. They both have cocky, arrogant fans and they both need to be taken down a notch. I'm just sad that Lake County wasn't able to do it. Hopefully, someone else will.

Don't worry Wes, Union City gets to go home tonight. Then maybe Middleton will get whats coming to them a little later. I first wanted UC to win, not now. It's not because of the team, it's beacause of that "we are so much better than anybody" attitude of the fans. And they can call it what they want, cryin, excuse whatever, they very well may be the best AA school playing A ball. I hope they lose by 1.

Edited by 44points

Mrbigster,

I am looking for your prediction and why. You seem to know a good bit about UC. Who do you really think will win and why. You have seen what we have done to Middle College. MC is very talented. I really like their coach. He seems to have some class. I really do not think he is a good coach. He has to much talent not to do anything with it.

Middle does have a lot of talent and as far as the coach..he just may be lurking for you guys again..away from Middleton....I believe it will be a great game and if Weddle has help,U.C. will win by about 7...If not..I still believe U.C. will win in a close game by about 2..It's hard to stop Weddle and all those screens that U.C. will set for him..And Brown can shoot from the outside also..!

Middleton wins this one they are solid just like last years team look for them to repeat Marq Murden will have his way this kid is not flashy but he will put 25 up on you quietly and his younger brother is up and coming also I think T-Man put up 20 in the reginal finals Edited by BIGWEBB

Middleton wins this one they are solid just like last years team look for them to repeat Marq Murden will have his way this kid is not flashy but he will put 25 up on you quietly and his younger brother is up and coming also I think T-Man put up 20 in the reginal finals

Only thing is that union city is a different team than anyone they faced last year. I think that the quickness of union city will win this one. I've seen middleton and they are not a very quick team. Marquis will have a huge game tonight and if the double team him the x man will have a big game. So i think union city wins by 15 to 20.

Only thing is that union city is a different team than anyone they faced last year. I think that the quickness of union city will win this one. I've seen middleton and they are not a very quick team. Marquis will have a huge game tonight and if the double team him the x man will have a big game. So i think union city wins by 15 to 20.

Are you kidding me? The people from Union City that are on here talking must have missed the first round of the state tournament last year. Underdog Middleton up against Tennessee Temple, #1 team in the state. Middleton has seen teams better than yours this year (Bolivar and Ripley, Mississippi. Beat Bolivar at Bolivar). As Marquis, Middleton's defense is like none that I have ever seen. They are relentless. Your boy will probably not even break 20. As for the best player Middleton has ever seen, He sits on Middleton's bench as an assistant coach, James "Buck" Burkley. He can and will come up with a defense to stop him. Great game tonight for sure but Middleton is through easy 76-63. Go Tigers.